You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Please call 520.626.6214 or email us at [email protected] and we can verify if we have it.@AdmissionsOffice if I sent my clinical LOR through AMCAS to UA - Tucson about 2 weeks after sending in my secondary, how would I know if you guys received it? I haven’t received any “received” emails
thank you!Please call 520.626.6214 or email us at [email protected] and we can verify if we have it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
BugsBunny_Luva
Full Member
II! IS, 3.97, 509 (Hispanic)
FinallyReady
Full Member
Congrats!II! IS, 3.97, 509 (Hispanic)
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you were complete?II! IS, 3.97, 509 (Hispanic)
BugsBunny_Luva
Full Member
Complete July 4th
Also on the interview waitlist. “Not great, not terrible.” But the update is welcome for sure
Put on the interview waitlist. Thus marks the beginning of a very long cycle. Best of luck everyone!
Are you getting these updates through email or the portal?
steezymcfrosterton
Full Member
interview waitlist, IS
interview waitlist OOS
LM 69
LM 69
Are you getting these updates through email or the portal?
This update was sent via email. My being waitlisted is not reflected anywhere on the portal.
I hope I receive an update soon 🙁 the wait is killing me despite the fact that I know it's early.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year there was movement off the waitlist! A few even after 5 days. I’m wondering if not being put on the waitlist is the soft rejection?Also put on the interview waitlist. OOS LM 69. Does anybody know how likely it is to still receive an interview from this point or is this basically a soft rejection?
Last edited:
6/29For those of you that got interview waitlisted, could you share when you submitted your secondary?
Aloe paleo
Full Member
I have a 3.6 cGPA and 512 MCAT...do I even have a shot here?
I have a 3.6 cGPA and 512 MCAT...do I even have a shot here?
Haha yeah... remember that GPA and MCAT just get you to the door. Essays, experience, interview get you through the door. Your stats are great for the first part. You can see that by looking at the MSAR
Do you mind sharing what dates they are offering right now?II! IS, 3.97, 509 (Hispanic)
rplanishek
Full Member
Interview waitlisted today
I'm getting nervous that everyone's getting these updates and I haven't heard anything yet 🙁
Dear Arizona, please show me some love.
Dear Arizona, please show me some love.
paddleswaddles2
Full Member
Do people get pre-interview rejected? Or is the waitlist basically a rejection?
Interview waitlisted today
+1 just now
edit: in the email it says "However, we have determined that you are a competitive candidate and you will continue to be considered during this application cycle. "
so I don't think the waitlist is a rejection. They just want to compare us to the larger pool
Those who received the updates can you share when you were complete?
rplanishek
Full Member
End of JuneThose who received the updates can you share when you were complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
6/28Those who received the updates can you share when you were complete?
D
deleted1000095
Interview waitlist just barely. Can somebody expound upon what this actually means? lol
anyone else IS and hear nothing yet?
EatYoVeggies23
Full Member
what do you mean just barely?Interview waitlist just barely. Can somebody expound upon what this actually means? lol
According to their website, 30 interviews have been given out so far (16 IS, 14 OOS) with 6397 applications received (505 IS, 5892 OOS)
D
deleted1000095
what do you mean just barely?
Just barely as in I just barely got the email!
Interview waitlist 🙁 it sounds like this is common so I am not taking it as very good news. Any idea if they actually reject pre-interview?
D
deleted1000095
Interview waitlist 🙁 it sounds like this is common so I am not taking it as very good news. Any idea if they actually reject pre-interview?
I prefer to think it’s good news! Imagine if you got accepted on the waitlist.. wouldn’t that be good news? We have to think positive throughout this process [emoji16]
It could mean you'll be invited later 🙂 So not at all a rejection. When were you completed?Interview waitlist 🙁 it sounds like this is common so I am not taking it as very good news. Any idea if they actually reject pre-interview?
Interview waitlist for me too, still hopeful, best of lucky to everyone!
EatYoVeggies23
Full Member
When did you submit secondary?Interview waitlist for me too, still hopeful, best of lucky to everyone!
D
deleted1000095
So my cousin who interviewed at UA-Tucson last cycle states that he knows some who got invited for an interview off the interview waitlist, and some who got rejected off of the interview waitlist! So, basically it just means that your app is on hold. He said those who interviewed of the waitlist heard back again towards the begging of the following year and ended up interviewing around February or so.
So my cousin who interviewed at UA-Tucson last cycle states that he knows some who got invited for an interview off the interview waitlist, and some who got rejected off of the interview waitlist! So, basically it just means that your app is on hold. He said those who interviewed of the waitlist heard back again towards the begging of the following year and ended up interviewing around February or so.
Yeah I think it's basically a hold. Like not rejected but not interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well it's definitely a hold, but is it good news thats the question. It just seems like everyone who didn't get an interview got put on the waitlist rather than getting rejected which doesn't make it seem like good news.Yeah I think it's basically a hold. Like not rejected but not interview.
june 28thWhen did you submit secondary?
ErrythingBlack
Full Member
I completed 7/15 & haven’t heard anything.. so maybe I’ll just be rejected lol
D
deleted971841
Also got the pre-II hold today. No idea how to feel about it, especially since nobody seems to know if they’re masking an R this way.
well it's definitely a hold, but is it good news thats the question. It just seems like everyone who didn't get an interview got put on the waitlist rather than getting rejected which doesn't make it seem like good news.
Yeah no this is what I was trying to get at. Seems kind of like a rejection with slight hope of an interview.