2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I did some research on this interview hold dilemma and based on the 2018-2019 cycle it is not good news. I only saw about 5-6 SDN users come off the waitlist to get an interview while an uncountable number got put on the waitlist. The majority of people who recieved the interviews received them directly without being put on a wait list. I think only a couple openly admitted a pre-interview rejection so I am not sure the exact number of pre-interview rejection to pre-interview wait list applicants. Needless to say there is a chance, but the odds aren't in our favor.
 
Well y’all, I think after some consideration I’m going to treat this hold like a R. Better if I focus my attention on the other schools, as opposed to holding out hope to come off a list that doesn’t see much movement.

Good luck, everyone!
 
To give you all some hope, last cycle I was put on this interview hold list, interviewed in December, waitlisted, and accepted after traffic day. Don’t give up hope, it can happen! A good amount of people in my class were accepted off the waitlist as well. It’s still super early in the cycle so don’t fret!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
to give some of you hope... I was put on the II waitlist on 8/8 and received an II today! OOS
I like your attitude! I choose to view my interview waitlist positively as well!
I got an II-waitlist today 🙂.
I was complete on July 8th.
Y’all pessimistic/statistics oriented people stay away from my happiness.
Congrats to all of y'all!! I haven't heard anything back at all and was wondering when y'all were complete! Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you guys approach the mission question on the secondary? I am kind of confused if they want us to talk about how we would advocate for the underserved or if they want us to describe how we exhibit the qualities they are seeking (i.e. altruism, academic excellence, etc).
 
You guys think that no news is good news at this point if its been over a month since we submitted our secondary?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You guys think that no news is good news at this point if its been over a month since we submitted our secondary?
I think no news is good news this early on in the cycle. If we were in February I'd be more concerned, but there are still people out there submitting primaries! I looked back at SDN forums last night, and some people sent in primaries and secondaries in like mid September. It's not an R until you're told it's an R!