You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Arizona - Tucson
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 !!!!!! First II was placed on interview waitlist last week. So excited. IS LM70
:') congrats and best of luck, friend.
D
deleted904276
Received a second interview waitlist email today
8/15
8/21
Anyone get two of the same email/know what it means?
8/15
8/21
Anyone get two of the same email/know what it means?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
autorocks2
New Member
Was placed on the interview waitlist as well - do they place everyone who's OOS on the interview waitlist? Like is it indicative that our application is actually competitive if we were placed on the interview waitlist, or is that not the case?
Here is the interview tracker for anyone who is interested: Admissions Tracker | College of Medicine - Tucson
OOS, II waitlist today, complete 7/8
Aloe paleo
Full Member
What time were you notified?OOS, II waitlist today, complete 7/8
1:32 PMWhat time were you notified?
bluekangaroo
New Member
I am OOS but lived in AZ for 10 years. Where in the secondary can I indicate this, since there's no specific question that asks for ties to the state?
following
TheBoranIdentity
Full Member
Interview WL just now. OOS, complete 7/9. Thought I had decent ties, oh well
+1Interview WL just now. OOS, complete 7/9. Thought I had decent ties, oh well
september94
Full Member
+2Interview WL just now. OOS, complete 7/9. Thought I had decent ties, oh well
Aloe paleo
Full Member
What time exactly did you get the email notification? Congratulations!Interview WL just now. OOS, complete 7/9. Thought I had decent ties, oh well
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview waitlist. Soft R lol
Aloe paleo
Full Member
right now or earlier today? i'd be proud of an interview waitlist! Wanna give it away? 😛Just got an interview waitlist. Soft R lol
right now or earlier today? i'd be proud of an interview waitlist! Wanna give it away? 😛
About an hour ago. I think I'll hold on to it for now lol. I saw the word interview and got excited, then immediately saw waitlist...
TheBoranIdentity
Full Member
What time exactly did you get the email notification? Congratulations!
Yesterday at 2:53 pm haha. Considering the email says "Your application completed the primary screening phase, but unfortunately, did not advance to the interview phase at this time. " I don't see it as a good thing lol.
HopefulMed20
Full Member
II waitlist yesterday, OOS, complete 7/8.
Spoke to the admissions office today and was told they review II waitlist candidates every week. Since its the beginning of the cycle, they haven't sent out any rejections yet, but they will start sending them out shortly. Hope this clears things up
Spoke to the admissions office today and was told they review II waitlist candidates every week. Since its the beginning of the cycle, they haven't sent out any rejections yet, but they will start sending them out shortly. Hope this clears things up
still, a long time to go. just forget about it for now and one-day you'll have an II in the mail haha.Yesterday at 2:53 pm haha. Considering the email says "Your application completed the primary screening phase, but unfortunately, did not advance to the interview phase at this time. " I don't see it as a good thing lol.
Meera9
Full Member
You can get one withoutDo you need to be in the interview waitlist to get in II? Or can you get one without it?
Interview waitlist today also. Complete July 15, OOS, URM.
ErrythingBlack
Full Member
+1Interview waitlist today also. Complete July 15, OOS, URM.
FinallyReady
Full Member
Seems like they're moving pretty slow this year compared to last. Based on last year's thread they were reviewing apps at the beginning of August at this point, but they are still on mid-July dates according to the most recent posts. Hopefully we start hearing more news soon!
I think the issue is that they’ve been swamped with applicants. I’m guessing they’ll break through 10,000 applications this year... However, I’d much rather them go slower and methodically though our secondaries rather than rushing it. Shows that they care about more than just stats (which would be a much faster process).
FinallyReady
Full Member
9,940 (798 IS and 9,142 OOS).Do you remember how many applications they ended up getting last year?
They offered 505 interviews total, 289 IS and 216 OOS.
Per MSAR, they gave out a total of 515 interviews (228 IS and 287 OOS). Is this from their admissions tracker data?9,940 (798 IS and 9,142 OOS).
They offered 505 interviews total, 289 IS and 216 OOS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FinallyReady
Full Member
Not sure when they report to MSAR (I never bothered with paying for it), but I'm going off of their admissions tracker from last year. I took screenshots of it religiously (every Thursday when they update it) because I knew I'd be paranoid about it this year.Per MSAR, they gave out a total of 515 interviews (228 IS and 287 OOS). Is this from their admissions tracker data?
Also, from their admissions report from the 2018-2019 cycle (published a couple months ago), this is what they said:
So... I dunno. 505/515.. close enough.
FinallyReady
Full Member
Based on the rate of secondary reviewing (and from someone I spoke with at admissions), I'd say you won't hear anything until at least 6-7 weeks after you submitted your secondaries. If you hit 8 weeks, I think it would be reasonable to reach out to them and ensure they have what they need.Anyone complete in August receive any sort of status updates?
sumbrwnkid
Full Member
Interview waitlist today. Not too surprised bc I'm super OOS and have a 68 LM. Still gonna remain optimistic tho!
+1Interview waitlist today. Not too surprised bc I'm super OOS and have a 68 LM. Still gonna remain optimistic tho!
FinallyReady
Full Member
Just out of curiosity, when were your secondaries submitted? thanks!Interview waitlist today. Not too surprised bc I'm super OOS and have a 68 LM. Still gonna remain optimistic tho!
Complete: July 14. OOS and LM ~ 70Just out of curiosity, when were your secondaries submitted? thanks!
Interview waitlist today. Not too surprised bc I'm super OOS and have a 68 LM. Still gonna remain optimistic tho!
Yes, not rejected until you're rejected. When were you complete?
sumbrwnkid
Full Member
Yes, not rejected until you're rejected. When were you complete?
I submitted the secondary july 4th but my committee letter wasn't received until a week later.
last year I submitted late September and got an II, but I am IS and have a slightly higher LizzyM. If you're URM then I definitely would.anyone submitting now in September?
OOS/LM ~ 65.5 is it even worth the $85 secondary fee?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone submitting now in September?
OOS/LM ~ 65.5 is it even worth the $85 secondary fee?
They interview through February. There is a 0% chance of acceptance if you do not submit. While you are a little late, you never know how things will pan out if you don't try.
They interview through February. There is a 0% chance of acceptance if you do not submit. While you are a little late, you never know how things will pan out if you don't try.
you're right! thank you!!!Sorry to hear that- but still not a rejection! When we’re you complete?Interview waitlisted yesterday, 09/10. Nontraditional, OOS, LizzyM = 71.
Completed 07/17 Hoping to get II in the next few weeks 🙁Sorry to hear that- but still not a rejection! When we’re you complete?
FinallyReady
Full Member
Tracker update today:
At this time last year, they had received 8143 applications (668 IS and 7475 OOS). Seems to be a bigger interest from out of state applicants this year.
At this time last year, they had received 8143 applications (668 IS and 7475 OOS). Seems to be a bigger interest from out of state applicants this year.