2019-2020 Baylor

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Anyone have any updates? I would love to go to Baylor but I also got into another school I really like from their WL and I need to decide before 5 business days.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So for Texas residents holding an acceptance from another Texas school, we can only hope for a WL acceptance from Baylor until may 15 right? But we could remain on WL for an OOS school post may 15? @wysdoc
 
Oh okay, thank you. It was my understanding that once I accept a WL offer, I would be committing.
@Guy289 You are allowed to accept WL offers one by one as they arise. At this point they would want a decision from you within a few days, usually.
So for example if you're accepted at a school, then get a WL offer that you like: You accept the WL offer, then contact the former school directly to withdraw.
That way you're not holding more than one acceptance at once past the April 30 benchmark.
Each decision is made with the information you have at the time.
And Texas has the added deadline of May 15, past which new offers of admission (probably from WLs by then) can only be made to folks with no other current Texas school acceptances.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi y'all, was accepted off of the WL on Wednesday, OOS.

Quick question regarding using the Choose Your Medical School tool - do I need to formally withdraw first or change the selection on the AMCAS tool? Because I currently have plan to enroll selected on a previous school I got the offer from, but when I look at edit selection, I don't see Baylor as an option. In order words, do I need to email my current school before AMCAS will update/display the Baylor acceptance?
 
Hi y'all, was accepted off of the WL on Wednesday, OOS.

Quick question regarding using the Choose Your Medical School tool - do I need to formally withdraw first or change the selection on the AMCAS tool? Because I currently have plan to enroll selected on a previous school I got the offer from, but when I look at edit selection, I don't see Baylor as an option. In order words, do I need to email my current school before AMCAS will update/display the Baylor acceptance?

You'll still need to formally withdraw (email) from your other school. You don't need to email before AMCAS will update, Baylor probably just hasn't gotten to it yet.
 
You'll still need to formally withdraw (email) from your other school. You don't need to email before AMCAS will update, Baylor probably just hasn't gotten to it yet.

Got it, so I'll just wait to see the Baylor offer appear and then will contact my other school. Awesome, thanks for the help!
 
Hi y'all, was accepted off of the WL on Wednesday, OOS.

Quick question regarding using the Choose Your Medical School tool - do I need to formally withdraw first or change the selection on the AMCAS tool? Because I currently have plan to enroll selected on a previous school I got the offer from, but when I look at edit selection, I don't see Baylor as an option. In order words, do I need to email my current school before AMCAS will update/display the Baylor acceptance?
Be sure to communicate directly to Baylor by email to accept too!
 
I've gotten email confirmations in response to application updates pre- and post-interview. Should I email them again asking to "confirm" if they got it, or is that too annoying?
 
Whelp, this is the last week to be on waitlists for those of us who already have another acceptance. Anyone else hoping for some good news from Baylor before Friday ends?

It’d be nice but not wasting any energy on it. I’m happy with where I matched and the incoming class is super cool and friendly.
 
do we (texas residents) have to send an email formally withdrawing our application after may 15th, or is it already considered withdrawn if we didn't hear anything?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do we (texas residents) have to send an email formally withdrawing our application after may 15th, or is it already considered withdrawn if we didn't hear anything?
No, you don’t have to withdraw from your WLs. It is understood that you won’t move off from another TX school after May 15.
From your question I infer you already have one Texas acceptance? Because if you have none, you can wait longer on the WLs.
 
Last edited:
I am on WL. During my interview (late January) I was told WL will be cleared by end of May. I called Baylor yesterday and was told class is not full and target is mid June. What does it mean to TX applicants who are already admitted to another TX school?
 
I am on WL. During my interview (late January) I was told WL will be cleared by end of May. I called Baylor yesterday and was told class is not full and target is mid June. What does it mean to TX applicants who are already admitted to another TX school?
Are you saying you committed to another school?
 
I am on WL. During my interview (late January) I was told WL will be cleared by end of May. I called Baylor yesterday and was told class is not full and target is mid June. What does it mean to TX applicants who are already admitted to another TX school?
I think May 15 was the deadline for TX applicants to get off WL at TX school. Baylor is not technically TMDSAS but they participate in that process. What I don't remember is if Baylor had the exact same deadline or a slightly later one. I wrote it down but I can't find the little notebook they gave us.
 
I think May 15 was the deadline for TX applicants to get off WL at TX school. Baylor is not technically TMDSAS but they participate in that process. What I don't remember is if Baylor had the exact same deadline or a slightly later one. I wrote it down but I can't find the little notebook they gave us.
It’s the same deadline for Baylor
 
Are you saying you committed to another school?
Sorry never responded to you, yes I committed to another TX school and I am/was on WL for Baylor. Trying to figure out: a) if Baylor could still offer me a position for 2019-2020 applicant? b) What would that mean to my other commitment. During my interview Baylor said this year (2019-2020) last day to offer positions from WL for TX residents is May 31st (unlike previous year 2018-2019 May 15th).
 
Sorry never responded to you, yes I committed to another TX school and I am/was on WL for Baylor. Trying to figure out: a) if Baylor could still offer me a position for 2019-2020 applicant? b) What would that mean to my other commitment. During my interview Baylor said this year (2019-2020) last day to offer positions from WL for TX residents is May 31st (unlike previous year 2018-2019 May 15th).
I believe if you committed you can't change.
 
I believe if you committed you can't change.
Sorry never responded to you, yes I committed to another TX school and I am/was on WL for Baylor. Trying to figure out: a) if Baylor could still offer me a position for 2019-2020 applicant? b) What would that mean to my other commitment. During my interview Baylor said this year (2019-2020) last day to offer positions from WL for TX residents is May 31st (unlike previous year 2018-2019 May 15th).
What about OOS applicants?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad