2019-2020 Baylor

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the call an hour ago, was shaking on the phone the entire time! So excited to join y'all!
Congrats to the newly accepted Bayloritos!

If any of you want to PM me and tell me which school you will stick with and whether you're relinquishing a previous TMDSAS Match, please do. I'm going to start posting such hot news, anonymized, in my Texas Roundup posts on the Republic of Texas thread.
 
If accepted and received merit aid, did you receive notice of the merit aid with the acceptance email/letter, or did notice of award come later?
If later, was it after you completed the financial aid application, and how much longer after that did it take to get notified?
And, did you receive financial aid award notification via email or letter mail?

Thanks.
 
If accepted and received merit aid, did you receive notice of the merit aid with the acceptance email/letter, or did notice of award come later?
If later, was it after you completed the financial aid application, and how much longer after that did it take to get notified?
And, did you receive financial aid award notification via email or letter mail?

Thanks.
My merit aid came months after my acceptance via email. But I'll still take it 😉
 
Baylor is notoriously silent during the app cycle. Based on previous years, this is what is to come these next few weeks

1) A final round of acceptances will happen in about a week
2) Waitlist email will go out May 1st
3) A single round of WL acceptances the first week of May
4) Rejection email early June for anyone not accepted by then
So, this is the last week of opportunity and then starting next for those not accepted is WL and potential rejection in June? Do you know if Baylor has filled their quota yet?
 
So, this is the last week of opportunity and then starting next for those not accepted is WL and potential rejection in June? Do you know if Baylor has filled their quota yet?
I think there will be some more offers after the April 30 deadline for applicants holding several offers to narrow it down to one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey y'all, I had a quick question. For people accepted into Baylor, did anyone get any kind of scholarships, and if so how much did you get? Trying to get an idea of how much they're giving out.
 
Hey y'all, I had a quick question. For people accepted into Baylor, did anyone get any kind of scholarships, and if so how much did you get? Trying to get an idea of how much they're giving out.
I'm sure there are several people who got scholarships in my class, but the only person I know of for sure got basically all of tuition covered
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The waitlist email says they accept people mostly at the end of May.. but what about the May 15th deadline? Will they not accept anyone accepted to another TMDSAS school after May 15 but accept others?
 
The waitlist email says they accept people mostly at the end of May.. but what about the May 15th deadline? Will they not accept anyone accepted to another TMDSAS school after May 15 but accept others?

Yes Baylor is also apart of this agreement, however, in recent years they have had multiple waitlist offers right after the May 1 WL email per SDN.
 
How did you know/find out that the waitlist is for a selected number applicants? I got placed on the WL and this is my top choice, so I’m looking for any hopeful possible news here 🙁

@wysdoc
 
How did you know/find out that the waitlist is for a selected number applicants? I got placed on the WL and this is my top choice, so I’m looking for any hopeful possible news here 🙁

@wysdoc
You know, I may be wrong about this and have asked anyone on the Baylor WL what they were told. Hang in there!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad