2020-2021 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
MSTP R came today (1/7-1/8 interview). "Your application to the medical school will remain active"

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Do you think Baylor will send out more acceptances before April 30th? It seems like even with the wave last week, it wasn't many acceptances. In past years they've given about 330 acceptances and I see their admitted students facebook only has about 240 students. Trying really hard to speculate :rofl: Baylors my top choice and I interviewed in October but being OOS doesn't help

Do you think Baylor will send out more acceptances before April 30th? It seems like even with the wave last week, it wasn't many acceptances. In past years they've given about 330 acceptances and I see their admitted students facebook only has about 240 students. Trying really hard to speculate :rofl: Baylors my top choice and I interviewed in October but being OOS doesn't help
Who knows, it'd be great if they could keep us in the loop :/

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you know the 330 number? The number on FB does not always represent the admissions numbers since it will have current students as well as a far fewer admitted students since not everyone joins the groups.

How do you know the 330 number? The number on FB does not always represent the admissions numbers since it will have current students as well as a far fewer admitted students since not everyone joins the groups.
They say at the interview day they accept approximately 330 people to fill their class of 186

Reactions: 1 users
Has Baylor sent out any scholarships since the initial ones in December? Last year it looks like they had a March scholarship wave, just wondering if we missed that here.

Pros of attending Baylor: we win national championships!

/s (jk we've been fully separated for over 50 years) but you will get asked if you live in Waco if you come here!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Are most offers sent before second-look?

Wouldn’t Baylor need to let us know our status by the 15th? We can’t carry more than 3 A’s after that right?

Or did they let us know and I just missed the email somehow? Lol

Wouldn’t Baylor need to let us know our status by the 15th? We can’t carry more than 3 A’s after that right?

I haven't received any email either, but yeah it makes sense that they should let us know by 4/15

Extremely sad right now. Checked this thread for the first time in a few weeks like an hour ago and just got a call from a Houston number (I've never gotten a call from a Houston number before) so of course, I thought it was going to be good news but then there was silence when I answered. Don't know how to cope tbh.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users

I'm not sure if it matters. I have a couple friends who got in to Baylor last year and found out at the end of April, after April 15th.

I'm not sure if it matters. I have a couple friends who got in to Baylor last year and found out at the end of April, after April 15th.
You are on a waitlist. If they admit you between 15th and 30th you need to drop one if you accept Baylor.

If you receive an admission after May 1st when you are down to one, you need to accept the admission you want to keep and send a rejection to the one you are holding.

Extremely sad right now. Checked this thread for the first time in a few weeks like an hour ago and just got a call from a Houston number (I've never gotten a call from a Houston number before) so of course, I thought it was going to be good news but then there was silence when I answered. Don't know how to cope tbh.
What was the number? You might be able to call admissions and ask.

Is it safe to say that Baylor has already sent out all it's A's?

Is it safe to say that Baylor has already sent out all it's A's?
Yes. All go forward admissions will be based on openings - people sending them a no on 15th to get down to 3 and again to get down to 1 by May 1st. A lucky few can expect even later in May.

I look at it as almost disrespectful that students Baylor deemed worthy of an interview are hearing nothing from them after months. I interviewed with Baylor on their very first day of interviews and have still heard nothing, and somehow all of my other schools that I interviewed with were able to get everyone their final decisions in a timely manner.

I look at it as almost disrespectful that students Baylor deemed worthy of an interview are hearing nothing from them after months. I interviewed with Baylor on their very first day of interviews and have still heard nothing, and somehow all of my other schools that I interviewed with were able to get everyone their final decisions in a timely manner.
Yes, the fact that they just ghost people without even saying, "Hey, you're officially waitlisted, " is a bit messed up.

Also interviewed on the first day and I second your sentiments. I think they should’ve at least given the common courtesy to send us a waitlist / rejection email. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth that they basically ghosted us :/

Baylor is consistent and predictable.
They release decisions about once a month.
They will announce near the end of the cycle "Our class is complete" to let you know there will be no more WL offers.
I say the same thing every year here on SDN, and I also read the same complaints around this time of year.
It's nothing new, they're not picking on you, and they are allowed to deliberate on their decisions privately.

Baylor is consistent and predictable.
They release decisions about once a month.
They will announce near the end of the cycle "Our class is complete" to let you know there will be no more WL offers.
I say the same thing every year here on SDN, and I also read the same complaints around this time of year.
It's nothing new, they're not picking on you, and they are allowed to deliberate on their decisions privately.
I respect that they are allowed to do it, but we're also allowed to gripe about it. Both of those things can be true.

Reactions: 7 users
I missed a call from Baylor just now. AHHHH how do I get in contact with them?

Hey guys I have a quick question. I just got a call from Baylor but missed it unfortunately and they did not leave a voicemail. When I called back, it was the main line for the college of medicine and I didn’t know where to ask to be connected to. Not sure if that was “the call” or not but I’m stressed that I missed it. Should I just wait to see if they call again? Or is there an extension that I should ask them connect me to when I call back?

Hey guys I have a quick question. I just got a call from Baylor but missed it unfortunately and they did not leave a voicemail. When I called back, it was the main line for the college of medicine and I didn’t know where to ask to be connected to. Not sure if that was “the call” or not but I’m stressed that I missed it. Should I just wait to see if they call again? Or is there an extension that I should ask them connect me to when I call back?
Omg same! Crossing my fingers that it was our acceptance call ASOIHFASIOHF

They will leave you message next time they call.

Good luck.

When I received my acceptance, I missed the call by only like 10 minutes. I immediately hit redial on my phone, and then I explained that I was a premedical student that had applied for a position in their upcoming class and that I was returning a missed call from them. After I explained this, the person on the other end knew exactly where to connect me, and after my transfer I got the news about my acceptance and a thank you for calling them back. Based on my experience, you guys that missed a call from them today might want to go ahead and call them back tomorrow sometime during business hours, since they seemed to appreciate that I gave them a call instead of them having call me back for a follow up- however, waiting for the follow up definitely won't hurt either if you'd prefer to wait for them :)

JUST GOT THE A CALL FROM DR. JOHNSON!!

I'm so ecstatic!! Never in a million years did I think this would happen :')

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Got the call this morning! So happy!!!!!!!!!!
I'm IS

Congratulations to all of you.

Are any of you giving up a seat in one of the other Texas schools and if so which one?

Had a missed call from a Houston number this morning. Was freaking out when I called them back. Turns out my car is due for an oil change. Sigh

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Could someone clarify exactly what we have to do on/by April 30th?

Could someone clarify exactly what we have to do on/by April 30th?
Best refer to the AMCAS page about CYMS tool and also read the emails carefully from any schools you have an admission offer from, to see if they give you a differing action date.
As I understand it overall, AMCAS wants you to determine your “one” school by April 30 and withdraw from other offers.

If you wish to remain on WLs past April 30, mark your “one” school as PTE in the CYMS tool.

1st interview day here all the way back in September, and no response. What a great way to treat potential future students

I mean to be fair they were pretty transparent about their post-interview acceptance policies.

Do we need to send transcripts over to Baylor?

Do we need to send transcripts over to Baylor?
The school where you matriculate usually does want your final transcripts. So, even though you sent them to AMCAS, Baylor will probably want an official one sent to them too. Sift through your emails for instructions or email to find out the exact place to have them sent.

Sitting at home, twiddling my thumbs (actually writing final papers), wondering when Baylor will break their post-4/15 silence...

Reactions: 2 users