2020-2021 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+2 :/ crossing my fingers we all hear back in mid march possibly??
I keep hoping that they'll be like, "We should probably let some of these Texas folks relax a little about the match on Friday, get a jump on other schools, and accept people this week! "

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
When I interviewed in October they said the majority of their acceptances came out in the spring. Do we think that means that most seats haven't been filled yet? Feeling discouraged because I haven't heard anything since my interview and people that interviewed on the same day or later have already heard back :/
+3 , interviewed in September and haven't heard back...

Members don't see this ad :)
I Interviewed at the end of January and they said that a wave of acceptances would go out last week of February (didn't happen lol) or first week of March.

Reactions: 1 user
I Interviewed at the end of January and they said that a wave of acceptances would go out last week of February (didn't happen lol) or first week of March.
I was in the same interview day and feel your pain, but I guess the lack of a wave thus far is a result of the snowstorm delaying admissions processes.

I was in the same interview day and feel your pain, but I guess the lack of a wave thus far is a result of the snowstorm delaying admissions processes.
I was told that Baylor isn't handing out any acceptances and they won't be having medicine this year. Sorry everyone

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I think more likely the reason for delay compared to prior years is the shifting of deadlines back by a month due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The TMDSAS schools Match Day is Friday March 5th this year, and while Baylor is on the AMCAS system they usually release their decisions at roughly the same time, maybe a few days after our Match Day.

Starting 2021-2022 app season, Baylor is joining the TMDSAS app system.

Members don't see this ad :)
baylor spread the love :')

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Got an acceptance call this morning! Interviewed in October, LM 74, IS

• Love
Crossing my fingers for a miracle here! Interviewed in October and haven't heard since lol.

Any OOS As yet ? 🙂

Did anybody hear back about scholarships?
A few folks including myself have received full tuition scholarships, but I know someone who got a partial scholarship in April last year so they are probably gonna continue to award them later on.

Does Baylor continue to send acceptances unstructured throughout the month?

A few folks including myself have received full tuition scholarships, but I know someone who got a partial scholarship in April last year so they are probably gonna continue to award them later on.
Ok cool, congrats to you!! I noticed you guys heard back about them on the same day that some acceptances got sent out, so I assumed people who got accepted earlier in the month would hear back about scholarships the next day acceptances got released. Not sure if that's a hard and fast rule though.

Is there an accepted student FB group yet? Also, has anyone heard about a second look weekend?

So I matched at a TMDSAS school today but am still waiting to hear back from Baylor. Would accepting my TMDSAS school's offer of admission be considered binding at this point or is it only binding after May 15th has passed?

Hi, everyone wondering about Baylor - vs - TMDSAS offers!
I'm getting a lot of requests for PMs right now and I offered to pm someone because I don't like to discuss one school on another school's thread, ya know?

Check in over on the Official TMDSAS questions thread later this afternoon and I will run through all the rules, ok?

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone heard back from the MSTP this week?

Come on Baylor, why did you have to go and join TMDSAS next year and not this year? Really wishing they participated in the match right about now so I would know for sure where I am going to end up!!

Is there an accepted student FB group yet? Also, has anyone heard about a second look weekend?
I'll bump the message with the Facebook link from earlier in this thread so people accepted within the past few days can see it
Hello! My name is Collin English and I’m the current MS1 Class President at Baylor. Regardless of where you are in this process, I wanted to congratulate you on making it this far and committing yourself to the most fulfilling profession.

Before I say anything else, I remember being in your shoes and I remember how degrading it felt. This process is long and oftentimes feels more like a judgement of your worth as a human than your credentials as a candidate. You all have worked so hard, you are immensely valued, and you will make it through this. Please if any of you need help or support, reach out to family, friends, and even me. We all want you to succeed and will do whatever we can to help.

Now, I wanted to also congratulate you on applying to the best med school in the country. It is hard to convey over zoom, but we here at Baylor are a tight knit community that will support you from the moment you step onto campus. For those of you that have received acceptances, I am including a link for you to join your Facebook group. Please only join this Facebook group if you have been accepted. If any of you, regardless of application status, need advice or support, please reach out to me. I am more than happy to give you my number or schedule a zoom call to talk. Wishing all of you the best, you are all gonna be amazing doctors and go change lives.

I'm very curious about second look too if any has any info on this

I'll bump the message with the Facebook link from earlier in this thread so people accepted within the past few days can see it

I'm very curious about second look too if any has any info on this
On their website, they say there will be a second look sometime in April!

At this link at the bottom:

Not quite true, be careful, y'all.

Accept and confirm offer of admission by April 30th.

Wait what does this mean? Accepting means you can't receive acceptances elsewhere?

Wait what does this mean? Accepting means you can't receive acceptances elsewhere?
answered in another post of yours, @Hzreio.
I corrected the poster because they suggested "your acceptance of an offer was only binding after May 15th".
TX schools, like all AMCAS schools, want an answer from you on or before April 30.
There is a small window of time for late WL offers between April 30 and May 15, when someone who has matched to a TMDSAS school or Baylor, could still withdraw to take a WL offer.

When do y'all suspect the next A wave will be?
in my nervous spiral and i went through the 2019-2020 baylor thread and it looks like this week last year there was an acceptance wave but who knows anymore

Has anyone who interviewed on 1/29 heard back?
Not a word and chomping at the bit! Even if I DON'T get in here, I'd like some decisions from my interview day because I'm about to put a deposit on a gorgeous place at my TMDSAS Match school and would like to know that I already missed my best chance here.

Not a word and chomping at the bit! Even if I DON'T get in here, I'd like some decisions from my interview day because I'm about to put a deposit on a gorgeous place at my TMDSAS Match school and would like to know that I already missed my best chance here.
SAME! Also, I think we matched at the same place lol you responded to one of my posts on the school thread.

• Love
Hey guys! Can someone please DM me the VIA email address? I interviewed in October and can't find the email address. Thank you so much guys and good luck!

hi guys! is there a groupme for accepted students?

Same, I'm getting anxious about figuring out my housing situation come July, especially since they have until the end of May.