-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Boston University
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted688779
Interview! No longer at 0!! Complete 7/11
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interesting all three of you are 7/11 ... congrats!
D
deleted688779
Interesting all three of you are 7/11 ... congrats!
Ah time for another one of my totally unsupported conspiracy theories
What are some types of things you guys are writing about in the "any features to your educational history"?
Does it have to be arts, sports, music?
I imagine research doesnt count as its already everywhere in my AMCAS
I didnt study abroad either. Just that I moved here from my home country to study here
Does it have to be arts, sports, music?
I imagine research doesnt count as its already everywhere in my AMCAS
I didnt study abroad either. Just that I moved here from my home country to study here
FWIW, I left it blank.What are some types of things you guys are writing about in the "any features to your educational history"?
Does it have to be arts, sports, music?
I imagine research doesnt count as its already everywhere in my AMCAS
I didnt study abroad either. Just that I moved here from my home country to study here
+1FWIW, I left it blank.
Alright yall, I went this far without being neurotic and now it's finally time for me to ask a stupid question. I received an email from the admissions board telling me that one of my letters was not on letterhead so it will not be used but my application is complete anyway since I met the minimum. I just saw the email and it was sent weeks ago. Should I reply or just leave them on read? I know my app wont come down to me replying to an email or not but I feel like I should've responded.
Alright yall, I went this far without being neurotic and now it's finally time for me to ask a stupid question. I received an email from the admissions board telling me that one of my letters was not on letterhead so it will not be used but my application is complete anyway since I met the minimum. I just saw the email and it was sent weeks ago. Should I reply or just leave them on read? I know my app wont come down to me replying to an email or not but I feel like I should've responded.
I wouldnt leave a med school on read lol
I wouldnt leave a med school on read lol
But the message is like 3 weeks old at this point, better late than never?
NileMasr21
Full Member
But the message is like 3 weeks old at this point, better late than never?
"I apologize, I must have missed the email notification" is my go-to when I see emails late
"I apologize, I must have missed the email notification" is my go-to when I see emails late
I was thinking the same thing. Just needed some reassurance, thanks guys.
I would just be forthright and say yOu just read it as it escaped your notice and ask if you can (xyz..whatever you decide to do about the letter)But the message is like 3 weeks old at this point, better late than never?
7
710118
Would any current students here be willing to chat briefly about the school/program? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II this morning, IS!
II this morning, IS!
When were you complete?
7/17 !When were you complete?
II - OOS this morning.
Congrats! When were you complete?
Me with my 7/22 complete date ;-;
II - OOS this morning.
+1 complete 7/17
summersun1
Full Member
II just now! OOS
Last edited:
II just now! OOS, BU alum
Congrats! When were you complete?
.
Last edited:
D
deleted987519
First interview! Complete second week of July
I have seen a spreadsheet on here that listed BU at ~1000 interviews and ~450 acceptances offered
Congrats! When were you complete?
I was complete on 7/22. Sorry, I'm in an airport atm
Oh I'm 7/22... so either I should expect an interview soon or I didn't make the first round 🙁I was complete on 7/22. Sorry, I'm in an airport atm
the_expert
Full Member
complete 7/25; no II or R yet!
summersun1
Full Member
I submitted 7/12 and complete 7/15!Congrats! When were you complete?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7
710118
Hey this is urgent guys. Can anyone tell me the dates interview slots are still open for BU? I might reschedule my interview and I can't see other dates until I cancel the one I currently have now
7
710118
Luckily I took a picture so I could ask my boss when would work best for him haha
Wednesday 25 Sep
Wednesday 2 Oct
Monday 7 Oct
Wednesday 9 Oct
Friday 11 Oct
Wednesday 16 Oct
That's all I saw on my portal, hope you can switch!
Thank you! Anybody have a current most update one?
No way man, they get so many applicants. It takes time to get through all the primaries. I'll guarantee it was luck of the draw. We're all going to make it.Oh I'm 7/22... so either I should expect an interview soon or I didn't make the first round 🙁
AMCASTuesdays
I heard vaccines killed Jenny Schecter
No way man, they get so many applicants. It takes time to get through all the primaries. I'll guarantee it was luck of the draw. We're all going to make it.
Yeah I like that better than what I envision is happening...
Attachments
Last edited:
AAAA II just now!! Submitted 7/23, LM ~75
AAAA II just now!! Submitted 7/23, LM ~75
Congrats!!! Submitted or complete?
Congrats!!! Submitted or complete?
Both! ;D
juliagoooooolia
New Member
II like an hour ago!! Complete 7/16 IS
II Just now! So excited!
II Just now! So excited!
Congrats! When were you complete?
pleasehalp
Full Member
II OOS!! Complete 7/11.
Wow was not expecting this... 3.65/512 URM (Hispanic).
Interviewing on the 4th. If anyone from the area is willing to show me around coffee is on me!
Wow was not expecting this... 3.65/512 URM (Hispanic).
Interviewing on the 4th. If anyone from the area is willing to show me around coffee is on me!
7/15 my dudesCongrats! When were you complete?
seabisket
Full Member
Has anyone clicked “unable to accept these dates?” I will be out of the country and requested dates in the last week of October via the message center, but haven’t yet heart back. The last date offered on my portal is Oct 16, and I wonder if I click “unable to accept these dates” if it will give me later options. I’m just nervous to do so, because I definitely want to interview here. Thank you!
how long did it take for yalls LOR to be received by BU? I sent them a few days ago but it has yet to show up in the portal and I cant submit my secondary.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Boy, Boston clearly doesn't want non-trads:
1. Did you go on to college directly after high school? Why not? What's wrong with you?
2. If you have spent more than 4 years as an undergraduate, please explain why you're a loser below.
3. Please separate your Community College credit from your real college credit here:
Thanks for your $110, idiot!
1. Did you go on to college directly after high school? Why not? What's wrong with you?
2. If you have spent more than 4 years as an undergraduate, please explain why you're a loser below.
3. Please separate your Community College credit from your real college credit here:
Thanks for your $110, idiot!
Since, historically, almost half their class is in the 24-29 age range, perhaps a less cynical view would be that they are giving you the opportunity to talk about your different life experiences.Boy, Boston clearly doesn't want non-trads:
1. Did you go on to college directly after high school? Why not? What's wrong with you?
2. If you have spent more than 4 years as an undergraduate, please explain why you're a loser below.
3. Please separate your Community College credit from your real college credit here:
Thanks for your $110, idiot!
Also I'm pretty sure every school is going to parse out your CC credits to see what you did at a 2-year vs. 4-year college. I guess BU just asks you to do it for them.
... perhaps a less cynical view would be that they are giving you the opportunity to talk about your different life experiences.
Other schools actually ask for your life experiences. Boston says: "Why aren't you X?"
rune2h
Full Member
Interesting that you are editorializing these prompts like this. Would you prefer BU give you no space to explain? I can't help but think you'd just be instead saying "Woe is me! BU doesn't care about non-trads because they don't ask ANY questions about it!". In your opinion, how should a school appropriately ask about your educational history?Other schools actually ask for your life experiences. Boston says: "Why aren't you X?"
For the record, here are the questions.
Are you expecting to go on to medical school directly after completing your undergraduate degree?*
If you have spent more than 4 years as an undergraduate, please explain below. (You may skip this question if you have graduated within 4 years.)
Please provide a narrative or timeline to describe any features of your educational history that you think may be of particular interest to us.
Additional Information (3000 character optional!)
Would you prefer BU give you no space to explain?
Actually, yes. I shouldn't have to explain why I'm outside of the cookie-cutter privilege factory if they are sincere in their statement that they are "A holistic approach, from admissions to practice."
I can't help but think you'd just be instead saying "Woe is me! ..."
No "Woe is me here". It's their loss. I have plenty of other schools to apply to as do other non-trads. What grinds my gears is the hypocrisy of saying that they're holistic and about diversity then implying that anyone outside the cookie cutter should get lost. That may not be how it REALLY is, but it's certainly what they're implying - whether they mean to or not.
"... BU doesn't care about non-trads because they don't ask ANY questions about it!".
Non-trad status shouldn't even be relevant to the discussion in a holistic application process. The point of a holistic system is that you aren't putting people into "standard" and "non-standard" boxes, or boxes at all.
Holistic (adj) - characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K