2019-2020 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Could you please elaborate? Thanks!

I'm not really one to elaborate. Also, nothing is for certain unless you are the Dean of Admissions, of which I am not (yet).

My sense from previous years, however, is that initially it may be waves, as there are more spaces to fill. Towards the end, when it is a rare occurrence to have a space, it may be one by one.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone tried to/had success getting Harvard to adjust financial aid based on other offers? I don’t think they usually match offers but wondering if it’s even worth a shot!!

Has anyone tried to/had success getting Harvard to adjust financial aid based on other offers? I don’t think they usually match offers but wondering if it’s even worth a shot!!

People def have in the past (using other need-based offers), and I got them to reassess my situation with additional info which changed the offer

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not really one to elaborate. Also, nothing is for certain unless you are the Dean of Admissions, of which I am not (yet).

My sense from previous years, however, is that initially it may be waves, as there are more spaces to fill. Towards the end, when it is a rare occurrence to have a space, it may be one by one.
Thank you for this information!

Congrats!! How were you notified?
Via email! They send the initial notification and then a more comprehensive packet. I was p committed to my previous school (I really didn't expect to get off the Harv WL) so now I have to have a big think. I'm sure there'll be movement still, and with 50 people on the Pathways WL, everyone's got a pretty good shot. I'll post if I end up accepting the offer or not!

Reactions: 1 user
Via email! They send the initial notification and then a more comprehensive packet. I was p committed to my previous school (I really didn't expect to get off the Harv WL) so now I have to have a big think. I'm sure there'll be movement still, and with 50 people on the Pathways WL, everyone's got a pretty good shot. I'll post if I end up accepting the offer or not!

Thank you!