2019-2020 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Harvard is open to financial aid negotiations? Is it worth mentioning that I was offered a full CoA award from another T-5 or telling them that my parents are both out of work (possibly for months) due to COVID-19? I know Harvard doesn't do merit aid but I wasn't sure if they had a standing "we don't negotiate" mandate (ala WashU).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if Harvard is open to financial aid negotiations? Is it worth mentioning that I was offered a full CoA award from another T-5 or telling them that my parents are both out of work (possibly for months) due to COVID-19? I know Harvard doesn't do merit aid but I wasn't sure if they had a standing "we don't negotiate" mandate (ala WashU).
From what I remember during my interview day, they said they were very open to discussing things that aren’t necessarily reflected in the FA application/documents, so I’d recommend asking!

Anyone else still waiting for financial aid? :luck:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody hear anything abt finaid today?

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew my acceptance! Hope one of you snags my spot - best of luck!

Im curious. Is it ok if I ask where did you decided to go and what made up your mind to select that university?

I haven't decided yet, but I know I want to stay in the same region of the country as my support systems - it's more a personal decision than anything else

Members don't see this ad :)
Wowwwwwwwww post II R. Wait to keep me holding with bated breath for months, big H. :diebanana:

Just withdrew my spot. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist! Fingers crossed for you!

• Love
“Harvard is asking 4th years to volunteer without pay, benefits, tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness, or anything to treat covid patients at a field hospital in Boston. This field hospital is being run by Partners Healthcare.”

Read more here

“Harvard is asking 4th years to volunteer without pay, benefits, tuition reimbursement, loan forgiveness, or anything to treat covid patients at a field hospital in Boston. This field hospital is being run by Partners Healthcare.”

Read more here

Isn't that what volunteering is about? Nobody is being forced to take on these roles

Isn't that what volunteering is about? Nobody is being forced to take on these roles

This is like asking impressionable high school students to go fight in a world war without pay or benefits and that they will be labeled "heroes"

This is like asking impressionable high school students to go fight in a world war without pay or benefits and that they will be labeled "heroes"

I doubt any judgment will be cast on students who opt to not risk their lives in a pandemic.

Read more here

That's not how it's happening at all. It's sensationalized. There are multiple remote and in-person volunteer opportunities we can elect to take part in. Especially having already matched, those students are under no obligation to participate if they don't want to .

Holy smokes, does that imply that of the ~202 accepted, 40ish have already turned down HMS? daaaaaaaaang

How do you know there are ~202 accepted? Thanks!

Actually, 206 ... my memory was off :)

1587650939519.png

• Wow
Is the age as of school start date or application date?

I have no idea and I’m not sure any students has any idea. I’d guess age during application (and that’s why it is a bit lower than expected)

Is the age as of school start date or application date?

I have no idea and I’m not sure any students has any idea. I’d guess age during application (and that’s why it is a bit lower than expected)

Not that it makes a huge difference, but I believe AMCAS asks for your birthday, not your age. So I believe we ages are pulled from whenever the data is run. So if admissions decisions were made around March 1, and this data was pulled then, some students may have had birthdays since applying the past year and some would not have.

Ok I’m paranoid— do you have to do anything outside of the amcas choose your school tool to plan to enroll?? Other schools have portal changes/deposits/etc so it’s stressing me out haha

has anyone that was on the waitlist been accepted yet?

Was accepted off the waitlist earlier today for Pathways!!! You're notified by email and you get a bunch more with additional info like housing, revisit content, etc. Good luck everyone and hope to see you this fall!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Was accepted off the waitlist earlier today for Pathways!!! You're notified by email and you get a bunch more with additional info like housing, revisit content, etc. Good luck everyone and hope to see you this fall!

Wooo! Congrats!! If you're committing, let me know and I'll share with you the groupme and committed students slack channel! Woooo!

Congrats! Hope to see you here in the fall. Let me know if you have any questions.