2019-2020 LSU New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: LSU New Orleans

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's just a bunch of yes/no questions. No essays

Reactions: 1 user
Link to portal to upload documents should be sent out on 7/1/19

"Good Afternoon,

FYI the application portal will hopefully go live on Monday. In the meantime you may work on your secondary documents and be ready to upload when it goes live.
Best,
Admissions"

Gateway for secondary now open!

Does anyone have any more info about the Primary Care Pathway? I can't really find much about it

Members don't see this ad :)
What questions do you have? I thought the app/website explained it pretty well.
Just statistically speaking.. How many people they accept/apply? Do they look upon applicants to this program in a better light? Stuff like that

Just statistically speaking.. How many people they accept/apply? Do they look upon applicants to this program in a better light? Stuff like that
If you are thinking about applying to the program to beef up your application, I don't think it will help much. It says on their website that they only want 8-16 students per class and each class has around 200 students. Also, students in the PCP generally get some sort of financial aid not available to other students, so I think this program is for people who are truly dedicated to primary care.

IMO, since LSU is fairly straightforward on what they are looking for in applicants (3.6 GPA, 508 MCAT, some exposure to medicine, not an dingus), I would focus on meeting those requirements then trying to get in through some additional program.

Bad time to not have my social security card

Just got my secondary as an OOS!

Reactions: 2 users
Current student here, I'll try and answer any questions y'all may have as the cycle goes on. Happy Hunting.

I may have the honorable distinction of being the first rejection.

My lab courses are credit hours and there is only one per subject. For example biology 1 and 2 only have one lab course. How do i list this on the secondary in the courses section?

My lab courses are credit hours and there is only one per subject. For example biology 1 and 2 only have one lab course. How do i list this on the secondary in the courses section?
Usually they are looking for a minimum number of lab credit hours. Make sure you have the right number of hours and you should be fun. You should call (Faster than email) to be sure.

Just now got OOS secondary!

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone having a problem with the selective service page not loading?

I've gotten emails stating they have received my secondary application and my payment, but I haven't received an email indicating my file was complete. Has anyone gotten an "application/file is complete" email?

I've gotten emails stating they have received my secondary application and my payment, but I haven't received an email indicating my file was complete. Has anyone gotten an "application/file is complete" email?

Nope, but they’re waiting for me to retake my MCAT. So mine won’t be complete til they get my new score.

I just received an email saying that my file is complete and under active consideration this morning.

Yes, not an official e-mail though. Ms. Peychaud and/or Ms. Celestine go through your app and make everything is good to go. There was something with my LOR, but I explained the situation and they responded that my file was complete.

Hello all. I'm reapplying and hoping for better results. I'm doing ED simply because I know this is where I want to be and this was the only school to entertain my file, so I'm going to follow up with them. Hoping for better results and I can get to hopefully meet every one of you.

Hello all. I'm reapplying and hoping for better results. I'm doing ED simply because I know this is where I want to be and this was the only school to entertain my file, so I'm going to follow up with them. Hoping for better results and I can get to hopefully meet every one of you.
good luck buddy!

I don't mean to sound stupid but I got confused by the question "what percent of the cost of your education and/or living expenses needed to be covered?" I mean, the grants/scholarships I received only covered part of my tuition and living expenses, but obviously 100% of those had to be covered somehow, so I paid for part of it through employment and my family paid for the remainder. Should I answer 100% to this question or should I use the number I put in for my AMCAS application, a.k.a. the percentage of tuition that my grants/scholarships ACTUALLY covered despite the fact that I needed more financial assistance?

I don't mean to sound stupid but I got confused by the question "what percent of the cost of your education and/or living expenses needed to be covered?" I mean, the grants/scholarships I received only covered part of my tuition and living expenses, but obviously 100% of those had to be covered somehow, so I paid for part of it through employment and my family paid for the remainder. Should I answer 100% to this question or should I use the number I put in for my AMCAS application, a.k.a. the percentage of tuition that my grants/scholarships ACTUALLY covered despite the fact that I needed more financial assistance?

I put 100% for both. I was confused too , I don’t think it’ll matter much in terms of getting accepted or not.

Secondary just received OOS (but ties to NOLA). They then proceeded to email me with another email saying my app uploaded blank right after.....even though I had just received the secondary haha.

As an in-state ED applicant, I received notice Tuesday (07/16) that my application is under active consideration. Hoping all goes well considering my not so stellar stats. Does anyone know how favorably admissions looks upon applicants with a MPH? Good luck everyone!

Anyone submit application and still not receive a complete email?

I turned in my application and got an email saying it was received. Also got an email saying they received my fee, yet I still don't have an application complete email.

Anyone have this problem?