You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Meharry
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
slow but steady I guess.....is this school still sending out inteviews? #praying
When do they stop interviewing?slow but steady I guess.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have no clue, guessing based on what I see here on the thread.
Yes, there are plenty who do get into MHS with low MCAT ie <490 and low gpa. Meharry is a school that really does look at you holistically.Has anyone received an acceptance from the MHS program? I have a very low MCAT & gpa but was asked to apply. This is my top choice and Nashville is my home but I’m nervous about how long I’d have to wait for an answer. Help!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Why don't you do a post-bacc? Because a low mcat and GPA isnt a good combination just saying. It's like taking enough alcohol plus a high dose of sleeping pill.
From my understanding that’s basically what this is
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
It actually is that lolJust looked it up. "The Masters of Health Sciences is designed to be completed in one year. The majority of students who enroll in the MHS program graduate on time. Of the 2013 cohort of 44 students, 98% graduated on time." I dont think this is a post-bacc imo. If your mcat and GPA is low, you want to enroll in a science-based program to show that you can handle Med school and MHS is not that.
30 credits worth of science classes, first semester is basically courses with info to help for the MCAT. Some of the professors are actually professors in the med and dent schools. It also gives you a leg up if and when you matriculate in your chosen program soooooo yea lol
Last edited:
It actually is that lol
From my understanding most schools are going to a masters instead of a post bacc format. And therefore I thought this would constitute as such. Ultimately, you give them a year of rigorous and work and a good MCAT and they can see how you do. I could sit here and pay thousands upon thousands to re do coursework just for all the schools to not do grade forgiveness or accept those grades.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
It actually is that lol
I agree with you by the way
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
It actually is that lol
30 credits worth of science classes, first semester is basically courses with info to help for the MCAT. Some of the professors are actually professors in the med and dent schools. It also gives you a leg up if and when you matriculate in your chosen program soooooo yea lol
Thank you guys for the help. All of your opinions mean a lot
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Oh, I'm hip lolI agree with you by the way
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
I feel like masters in biomedical sciences provides a better rigorous sciences for someone with low mcat and GPA. That's just how I feel.Oh, I'm hip lol
Eh. I had classmates that did that and still did MHS afterwards.I feel like masters in biomedical sciences provides a better rigorous sciences for someone with low mcat and GPA. That's just how I feel.
Do you know if MHS is still by invite only? I tried looking online but can't find the application and I'm getting conflicting reportsEh. I had classmates that did that and still did MHS afterwards.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
People have been able to apply without an invitation which started last year. However, they do still send out invites.Do you know if MHS is still by invite only? I tried looking online but can't find the application and I'm getting conflicting reports
If you Google Meharry MHS, the link to SOGSR page pops up and the link is on there.
Thank you!People have been able to apply without an invitation which started last year. However, they do still send out invites.
If you Google Meharry MHS, the link to SOGSR page pops up and the link is on there.
Ok professorEh. I had classmates that did that and still did MHS afterwards.
Lol I'm just saying as an actual graduate of the program but go off sisOk professor
Lol I'm just saying as an actual graduate of the program but go off sis
Are you currently a med student? While you were in the program did Meharry help with the application process during the program
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Yup. Basically you have admissions at your finger tips (for lack of better words) to help you along. As a class, you get to meet with them several times and of course have the ability to meet with someone one-on-oneAre you currently a med student? While you were in the program did Meharry help with the application process during the program
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
oneheadmanyhats
Full Member
so i withdrew from this school before the april 30th deadline, and they replied with an email acknowledging my withdrawal, but I recently got an email welcoming me to the class and they even made me a school email...did this happen to others?
so i withdrew from this school before the april 30th deadline, and they replied with an email acknowledging my withdrawal, but I recently got an email welcoming me to the class and they even made me a school email...did this happen to others?
I did see that happen in last year’s SDN thread for Meharry.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
MD Loading
Full Member
Where do we submit the $1500 enrollment deposit (due on the 15th)?
Where do we submit the $1500 enrollment deposit (due on the 15th)?
apparently a link will be sent out Friday
Thank you guys for the help. All of your opinions mean a lot
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
There’s a thread for the MHS
Yup. Basically you have admissions at your finger tips (for lack of better words) to help you along. As a class, you get to meet with them several times and of course have the ability to meet with someone one-on-one
Are you matriculating to the MD this fall or are you already in the med school?
There’s a thread for the MHS
Please link it. I searched but couldn’t find anything up to date. Sorry for invading this thread.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
MD Loading
Full Member
apparently a link will be sent out Friday
This school is as last minute as me.
Has anyone gotten a refund of their deposit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please link it. I searched but couldn’t find anything up to date. Sorry for invading this thread.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Meharry Masters of Health Science Program 2020
Hello all! I wanted to start this thread so people can ask questions about the program and to share their experiences! Let's be POSITIVE!!! :p
+1Are they still sending interviews?
So I’m curious, for those (myself included) still waiting for a potential interview, did you receive a MHS email? The deadline was yesterday and I know it wasn’t necessarily invite-only, but I’m curious as if you haven’t been rejected and didn’t think to apply to MHS because you didn’t get the email, doesn’t that seem....weird?
yeah I'm still waiting for an interview but didn't get the MHS email.So I’m curious, for those (myself included) still waiting for a potential interview, did you receive a MHS email? The deadline was yesterday and I know it wasn’t necessarily invite-only, but I’m curious as if you haven’t been rejected and didn’t think to apply to MHS because you didn’t get the email, doesn’t that seem....weird?
yeah I'm still waiting for an interview but didn't get the MHS email.
same....part of the reason why I didn't bother applying
+1yeah I'm still waiting for an interview but didn't get the MHS email.
yeah I'm still waiting for an interview but didn't get the MHS email.
+2
So we’re we just long forgotten lol because it’s LITERALLY the only school left on my list with no formal decision (R, A, WL, etc)
i have this and another school. i also got rejected from Howard last year in like September.. when i submitted all my secondaries for the next cycle lmao.So we’re we just long forgotten lol because it’s LITERALLY the only school left on my list with no formal decision (R, A, WL, etc)
Meharry has been horrible at response even for accepted students and interviewed students. I have been accepted and withdrawn but still am listed as accepted. Sadly I believe their interview cycle is complete as they literally start school in 1 month.
+3yeah I'm still waiting for an interview but didn't get the MHS email.
MD Loading
Full Member
Anyone else having trouble submitting their enrollment deposit?
MD Loading
Full Member
Also did everyone get that international students email (even though you may not be)?
YesHas anyone gotten a refund of their deposit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
flowerchild23
New Member
+1Anyone else having trouble submitting their enrollment deposit?
Anyone else having trouble submitting their enrollment deposit?
go back to the decision letter and reconfirm your acceptance/attendance and it will then take you to the place where you pay the deposit. Also be sure to join the class of 2024 groupme, there is a lot of info on there.
MD_dreams123
New Member
Meharry has been horrible at response even for accepted students and interviewed students. I have been accepted and withdrawn but still am listed as accepted. Sadly I believe their interview cycle is complete as they literally start school in 1 month.
Hey I’m a current graduate of the MHS program and I’m expecting to matriculate into M1 from MHS. There were students in our program who received acceptances followed by rejections into the MHS program. We panicked and contacted admissions and they immediately responded that this was an accident. Do not read to deep into responsiveness from Meharry, it will come. Just as with anything you have a passion for politely call or email admissions and stay on them to find out information. It takes a lot of patience to succeed at Meharry but it’s definitely rewarding to be here. Don’t lose faith, I was accepted in late June and had a few weeks to say goodbye to everybody back home before I dipped out to Nashville.
Wish you all the best of luck, congrats to those who’ve been accepted and God is looking out for those who are still awaiting a response. I’m praying for the best for all y’all!