2019-2020 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
oh I thought I saw you on a past thread about.. I’m trying to find more info on the matriculation into the MD program to see if it’s worth it

I’ve reached out to a lot of students at Meharry and everyone but 2 students Ive met has done the MHS program. I’m hoping to finish my application soon but honestly I think if you’re still on the fence, you should consider 1) it’s 10 months 2) it’s rigorous courses so they can see if you can handle the work (these courses are taught by the medical school professors) and lastly, according the the handbook online, you just have to scores 501 on your Mcat to be consider for the incoming medical school class. Meharry also provides a boot camp training for the Mcat/DAT for the students. I think if you don’t have any option or need to do better on the Mcat, I think you should apply

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Received an interview invite two days ago. Turned it down, hopefully it goes to someone who is still waiting.

Reactions: 5 users
Did you all get that "2020 Orientation Update & April 30th" email yesterday. It didn't even mention covid.

Has anyone heard back about scholarships? financial aid? or are they waiting until we do the credit check?

Did Meharry never have their curriculum on their site? I swore they did but I can't find it. I talked to a current Meharry student, so I know about how the current curriculum is integrated and they incorporate a lot of clinical cases, but can I get more of an in-depth description? For those who were interviewed here what more did they tell you about the curriculum?

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone has any knowledge of an accepted students group/page of some sort, please let me know! Thank you!

They sent that letter last year to everyone who was rejected. In the past they only invited select persons but starting last year, they invited everyone to apply and then went through a similar application process with waitlist/rejection also
I haven't receive the MHS email!

Members don't see this ad :)
oh I thought I saw you on a past thread about.. I’m trying to find more info on the matriculation into the MD program to see if it’s worth it
I was accepted to MHS from the MD waitlist in 2018 but declined

Just declined my acceptance. I hope y'all hear back soon!

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted even though I emailed them that I wanted to withdraw. I think they aren't checking emails lol. Giving up my seat. Good luck to who ever gets it. Interviewed feb 03

Reactions: 8 users
Has anyone else who was accepted and then withdrew had an issue with Meharry removing themselves from your Choose Your Medical School Tool? I withdrew weeks ago, but they are still listed.

Just got accepted even though I emailed them that I wanted to withdraw. I think they aren't checking emails lol. Giving up my seat. Good luck to who ever gets it. Interviewed feb 03
I dont think they are either. I withdrew too but they are still sending me updates lol. I'd like them off my AMCAS so there's no issue with the school I intend to go to

Has anyone been accepted to the MHS program yet?

Letter to Freshman from a rising M4 at Meharry

First and for most, congratulations on your acceptance to Meharry medical school. You have come a long path and achieved what most could not achieve. The next four years of your life are going to be the most important and determinant years of year life. Nothing can prepare you for these years. You might heard stories from outside or read many stories, but I promise you that only through experience you will know what it means and what it takes to be a medical student. Whether you where a medical student at Harvard, Oxford, or at Meharry, at the end you will realize that you will come out as gold that went through a fire. I am not saying this to scare you but to prepare you for what is coming. Remember thousands before you made it through med school, you also through the Grace of God and your perseverance will make it as well. Do not lose yourself and the vision what brought you to a medical school. You want to be a helper of mankind. Do not let the grouling education or the drama of administration or your class shadow your initial goal that brought you here. Within few months of your enrollment, you will see how stress will transform yourself and your classmates. Some will be come hard as steal and choose to keep going, some unfortunately will become so bitter that they constantly want to find someone to blame for their hardship. It is undeniable that you might not like how some things are conducted at Meharry. Everyone might have one or two grievance. However, I want you always to see the bigger picture. You are working to become one of the most influential persons in the society. This shall too pass. Always be grateful to God, to your family and Meharry for giving you the chance. Remember you are here because this school accepted you out of the thousands of applicants. Even in your dark times at Meharry, remember this and choose to forgive. Below, I will give you some tips that might help you in your education. The first one is trying to find your own best learning style Do not let others influence you too much to adapt to their own learning style. We all learn differently, and you should know what is best for you. If you do not learn as much during lecture, do not go to all of the lectures. You are using up valuable time. Buy and use study guides for your classes. I used BRS Anatomy, Board and Beyond, Pathoma and First Aid Experess. I promise you that you will learn majority of what you need from these resources. Find best spot to study. It can be a coffee shop, library or your home. The environment you study has to be very comfortable. Keep your old hobby or have a a new hobby. Even if this is sleep, shopping, or cooking. It is a good idea to have another avenue where you do not have to think about medical school. I strongly recommend exercising. Exercising will increase your mental clarity and concentration. Always be open to ask for help when you need one and help others when they need one. Help your fellow medical students. If you have a resource, help them. Your class will be your future colleagues. By building bridges, they will remember you later and help you out. There is no competition here. Be humble, patient and positive. If I can make it, you will too. May God help you.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users

First and for most, congratulations on your acceptance to Meharry medical school. You have come a long path and achieved what most could not achieve. The next four years of your life are going to be the most important and determinant years of year life. Nothing can prepare you for these years. You might heard stories from outside or read many stories, but I promise you that only through experience you will know what it means and what it takes to be a medical student. Whether you where a medical student at Harvard, Oxford, or at Meharry, at the end you will realize that you will come out as gold that went through a fire. I am not saying this to scare you but to prepare you for what is coming. Remember thousands before you made it through med school, you also through the Grace of God and your perseverance will make it as well. Do not lose yourself and the vision what brought you to a medical school. You want to be a helper of mankind. Do not let the grouling education or the drama of administration or your class shadow your initial goal that brought you here. Within few months of your enrollment, you will see how stress will transform yourself and your classmates. Some will be come hard as steal and choose to keep going, some unfortunately will become so bitter that they constantly want to find someone to blame for their hardship. It is undeniable that you might not like how some things are conducted at Meharry. Everyone might have one or two grievance. However, I want you always to see the bigger picture. You are working to become one of the most influential persons in the society. This shall too pass. Always be grateful to God, to your family and Meharry for giving you the chance. Remember you are here because this school accepted you out of the thousands of applicants. Even in your dark times at Meharry, remember this and choose to forgive. Below, I will give you some tips that might help you in your education. The first one is trying to find your own best learning style Do not let others influence you too much to adapt to their own learning style. We all learn differently, and you should know what is best for you. If you do not learn as much during lecture, do not go to all of the lectures. You are using up valuable time. Buy and use study guides for your classes. I used BRS Anatomy, Board and Beyond, Pathoma and First Aid Experess. I promise you that you will learn majority of what you need from these resources. Find best spot to study. It can be a coffee shop, library or your home. The environment you study has to be very comfortable. Keep your old hobby or have a a new hobby. Even if this is sleep, shopping, or cooking. It is a good idea to have another avenue where you do not have to think about medical school. I strongly recommend exercising. Exercising will increase your mental clarity and concentration. Always be open to ask for help when you need one and help others when they need one. Help your fellow medical students. If you have a resource, help them. Your class will be your future colleagues. By building bridges, they will remember you later and help you out. There is no competition here. Be humble, patient and positive. If I can make it, you will too. May God help you.
Even though I have not been invited for an interview, this letter was beautiful. Thank you!

Hi All, accepted today...interviewed mid/late Feb. Best wishes to you all!

Edited to add: I did receive the MHS email.

Hi All, accepted today...interviewed mid/late Feb. Best wishes to you all!

Edited to add: I did receive the MHS email.

Congratulations! When did you receive the MHS?

I was recently told by someone at Meharry that MHS does not always mean rejection so it’s good to hear that it was true!

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. Very much looking forward to the journey at Meharry, your wisdom and insight is appreciated. God bless you.

Congratulations! When did you receive the MHS?

I was recently told by someone at Meharry that MHS does not always mean rejection so it’s good to hear that it was true!

Thank you! I received the notification about MHS on 4/8/2020.

For anyone doing the MHS application, for the employment section are you only putting places relevant to medicine/ med school or all your employment history?

For anyone doing the MHS application, for the employment section are you only putting places relevant to medicine/ med school or all your employment history?

It’s a limit on how many entries you can place. So I’d only use relevant experiences. If I’m not mistaken, it only lets you enter 3

Is everyone still planning to move in early June?

Is anyone still receiving interviews?

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know where to pay the $1500 deposit?

Greetings future Meharrians ,

I am a recent graduate of the MHS program and am relocating. I have a beautiful and brand new unit that you are welcome to sublease for the summer. If interested, you can PM me and I will explain more. The complex is literally less than 2 miles from school. Good luck and I wish everyone the best on their journey!! #GodSpeed

Interviewed on 4/24 and received an acceptance on 4/29, but I have declined the offer.

Good luck and Godspeed to everyone who is waiting for some news!

Reactions: 7 users
Accepted recently! Can anyone help me with finding the facebook page or being added to the groupme? I searched meharry som 2024 and counldn't find the group

Has anyone ever been in Royal Towers? I can't find any detailed information online.

Has anyone ever been in Royal Towers? I can't find any detailed information online.
Yea. It's cool standard apartment. It's not Updated like Morena but it's fine and cheaper than Morena

Does anyone know where to pay the $1500 deposit?

"A non-refundable enrollment/orientation deposit of $1500 is required on May 15th. A link to submit this deposit will be provided in addition to other important onboarding information" this was sent today in the email so I’m assuming the link hasn’t been provided yet?

Last edited: