2019-2020 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! You as well! I have seen you killing the acceptance game on these threads also :happy:
Ayeee....let's go!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I emailed them about whether or not the MHS was a rejection and no response :/

MHS is a rejection but they see your potential. So, if you don't have any acceptances see it as a good thing. Admissions committee sees your potential but wants to see more

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it is a rejection. When I spoke to admissions they said it's good news if you haven't heard anything yet because it means you're still in consideration.

Reactions: 1 users
I believe it is a rejection. When I spoke to admissions they said it's good news if you haven't heard anything yet because it means you're still in consideration.
When did you call them? What number did you call?

Has anyone recently asked about when we will receive fin aid? I intend to contact them on Monday but just want to see if someone else inquired

For OOS students planning on coming here, have you started looking for housing? I am also curious if you are planning for a June move.

For OOS students planning on coming here, have you started looking for housing? I am also curious if you are planning for a June move.
I've been trying to find a place for weeks, but it's pretty difficult because I have pets. But I'm flying out (yikes) in two weeks to do a couple of tours. I'm still planning to move out in June, especially because Nashville already revealed its reopening plan.

I've been trying to find a place for weeks, but it's pretty difficult because I have pets. But I'm flying out (yikes) in two weeks to do a couple of tours. I'm still planning to move out in June, especially because Nashville already revealed its reopening plan.
Do you think there's a chance of them moving back the orientation date or starting the year online? June is a pretty early start for everything going on

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think there's a chance of them moving back the orientation date or starting the year online? June is a pretty early start for everything going on

I wish they would let us know lol. Some of us need to plan a move, find a place to live etc.. but also to mentally prepare ourselves for school

Wait so I just realized people got IIs from Meharry last week? so that means they are still conducting and extending interview invitations possibly into May?

Just withdrew my acceptance. Praying one of you future docs get in! Has anyone had any luck with getting the deposit back after withdrawing? They responded to me with an automated email about COVID & how they will update students on admissions decisions when they become available.

Just withdrew my acceptance. Praying one of you future docs get in! Has anyone had any luck with getting the deposit back after withdrawing? They responded to me with an automated email about COVID & how they will update students on admissions decisions when they become available.
I just sent an email asking for my deposit but I haven’t received my deposit from any of the schools I withdrew from lol

Wait so I just realized people got IIs from Meharry last week? so that means they are still conducting and extending interview invitations possibly into May?
It’s possible. I just got an II yesterday

Reactions: 7 users
I wish they would let us know lol. Some of us need to plan a move, find a place to live etc.. but also to mentally prepare ourselves for school
As of today, they are planning to start classes online

I think orientation might still be the same day, but maybe virtual? I mean, they still graduated M4s in person, just with social distancing and no guests, so they may do that for incoming students as well.

Did you hear this from admissions? They haven't sent me anything in weeks.
Yep. I had a virtual interview with an admissions person and was told that they’re planning to start online June 1

you got an II yesterday for today?
Yes. I was told the time to be on Zoom with less than 24 hrs notice

ETA: At this point, they're basically interviewing for the WL. I was told that the WL is small and they're expecting WL movement w/in the first 2 weeks of May. They're trying to solidify the class ASAP since June 1 is quickly approaching

did they say if it would be for the whole first semester or just the summer?
Just the summer. I asked if it was probable that campus would open around July/August and my interviewer said yes.

Has anyone that interviewed in February heard back yet?

No one has heard back form them since January. The class starts in literally a month and they still have not given out decisions on 3 months of applicants. Corona or not this is actually ridiculous. Now they are wanting to give out acceptances 3 weeks before class starts and want you to find a place to stay and start early since they are one of the first schools that starts.

No one has heard back form them since January. The class starts in literally a month and they still have not given out decisions on 3 months of applicants. Corona or not this is actually ridiculous. Now they are wanting to give out acceptances 3 weeks before class starts and want you to find a place to stay and start early since they are one of the first schools that starts.
It's just not reasonable. Especially if you're OOS. Haven't heard a thing from them either. This is getting out of hand, too much stress rn...

It's just not reasonable. Especially if you're OOS. Haven't heard a thing from them either. This is getting out of hand, too much stress rn...
That is totally understandable. I have been lucky enough to confirm my placement in a school. There are many students like me who would have considered meharry however have not intention at this point. If you have students not wanting to come to your medical school that's clearly a problem.

Sadly, I don't think this is a corona issue. Meharry just seems disorganized. I'm a reapplicant and the same things people are complaining about in this thread were happening when I applied 2 years ago (lack of communication, waiting 'til the last minute, etc). If you haven't heard back from them, you're likely waitlisted.

SN: Back in 2017, they kept me on the waitlist all summer (w/o telling me) then finally sent me an invite for the MHS program with TWO DAYS NOTICE. I had one day to respond and orientation started the day after that. I had to go hunting on their website and calling around to find out the COA for the program (no info was given in the offer email) and to find on-campus housing. It was hella stressful and I ended up declining the offer.

Moral of the story is to be prepared to have to make last-minute decisions when dealing with this school

Yep. I had a virtual interview with an admissions person and was told that they’re planning to start online June 1
June 1st? When orientation was originally on June 12th? I'm gonna scream why won't they email us

June 1st? When orientation was originally on June 12th? I'm gonna scream why won't they email us
Yea I don't get it. If it's official enough to discuss in interviews, why has there not been an email sent out yet?

IIRC, June 1 is the start date for the online genetics course and classes will fully start on June 15 (online as well)

Just received notification that my withdrawal has been processed. All refunds will begin processing "after April 30th". Received this from April Curry.

Accepted today
Congrats! Didn't you interview like this week? I don't understand how they are doing that but haven't given anyone a decision that has interviewed in February and March. The way they handle all of this is so upsetting.

Congrats! Didn't you interview like this week? I don't understand how they are doing that but haven't given anyone a decision that has interviewed in February and March. The way they handle all of this is so upsetting.
Yeah. I was shocked when I got the email. Last time I interviewed here, I had a Feb interview and didn't hear back until they formally rejected me in June. If you haven't heard back yet, assume that you're still under consideration

Yeah. I was shocked when I got the email. Last time I interviewed here, I had a Feb interview and didn't hear back until they formally rejected me in June. If you haven't heard back yet, assume that you're still under consideration
Are they still interviewing

just withdrew, hopefully I get my deposit back given how busy they seem to be lol. good luck to everyone!