2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal changed, but it changed back to what it looked like before I even got the II. I'm assuming this isn't good news. For reference, right above the table, it says all this:

Thank you for your interest in PCOM! Below are important details regarding your application for admission. The grid below summarizes your application including notification of required items received/processed by the Office of Admissions to date.
  • If there is a date populated in the Received column for each requireditem, your application is complete.
    1. The "Pre-Health Advisor/Committee Letter" will appear as required until the approved letter is received and/or all three of the alternative letters (two science faculty/one other faculty) are received/processed.
    2. Please note that the faculty letters must be from a professor who issued a grade for a course noted on your institutional transcript.
  • Once your payment is received, we will begin to process your application. However, due to volume, the process of adding items to your record will take at least 15 business days from the date the fee is marked received. Please do not contact us to inquire as the information will appear below. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
  • Once your application is complete, no further application status updates will be posted to this portal. Application status information is also not provided via phone or email inquiry at any time.
  • Note that you are welcome to submit significant updates to your applicant record (newly graded coursework or MCAT scores).
Best wishes to you!
My portal changed to this as well yesterday... guess that means bad news coming my way

Members don't see this ad.

Are you all sure this was a portal change at all? My portal has looked exactly the same (the text posted above) since submission including before and after my interview.
Yeah it was just like a line or two before, but now it changed back into that original wall of bulleted text. Maybe it just happens to some people I guess?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten the financial aid package yet? It was supposed to come out April 1st

Reactions: 4 users
My portal has always looked like that since I submitted my primary and now as I'm currently on the WL.
Interesting, are you positive it didn't change at all from the time of your interview to your decision? I'm trying to stay positive because they told me it would most likely be close to 6 weeks until I hear anything, so I was surprised to see my portal change before even 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
Can any current students help me out, I got my financial aid yesterday and I’m confused as to how it measures up with the usual. I saw pcom has great financial aid but I was only given a stafford unsubsidized loan and need to apply for a grad plus loan to make up for the rest. Do they usually give out scholarships?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, can someone please tell me what the primary essay question is for PCOM? I'm trying to prewrite for next cycle. Thank you!

Got my rejection email at 3:15 this morning. Figured this was the case as I never received an II but damn why you gotta give me a booty call R?

Primary Completed: 7/30/19

Secondary Offered: 8/13/19

Secondary/Application Completed: around 10/28/19 (late due to personal emergency, could not find exact date)

Rejection: 4/10/20

Goodluck all!

Last edited:
Looks like today is R day. Anyone post interviews get that R yet?

That’s disappointing bc I have a deposit coming up for another school. Will probably have to withdraw from here. Thanks for the heads up though
I just got accepted (very stoked first acceptance yee mf haw), but i guess the portal updating back to pre II doesn't necessarily mean anything good or bad. idk im just speculating Im honestly still in shock i got in woo !!!

I just got accepted (very stoked first acceptance yee mf haw), but i guess the portal updating back to pre II doesn't necessarily mean anything good or bad. idk im just speculating Im honestly still in shock i got in woo !!!

Congrats! Did you get a letter or did you see a deposit link?

I just got an email acceptance!! They aren't mailing any news out due to the work from requirement, but I do see now that my portal has changed with a link for a deposit. So excited :)

I just got an email acceptance!! They aren't mailing any news out due to the work from requirement, but I do see now that my portal has changed with a link for a deposit. So excited :)
When did u interview?

Congrats that’s so awesome! and good to hear about the portal haha

Congrats! Did you get a letter or did you see a deposit link?
Got an email with the letter attached! Someone said it above but bc covid no more physical mail is being sent out. Interviewed 3/9 and didn’t get deferred or WL just an acceptance. Ahhh I’m so happy !!!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed March 11
Congrats. I was hoping the accepted ones were from a earlier month. It seems the ones who interviewed in February myself included are still waiting to hear back and ppl who interviewed afterwards in March already heard back whether accepted or rejected. Did you interview via virtual or in person?

Interviewed December, Put on hold in January. WL march...I want to write PCOM a letter of intent. Is it okay that I have a deposit at another school?
Any tips on what a letter of intent should entail?

Thanks and congrats to everyone who just got accepted! Hoping I will get good news too soon.

Also finally got the Ace since being complete in the fall. Also on Saturday 4/11

Has anyone received a decision for those who interviewed 3/13 or later? I interviewed on 3/13 and I'm starting to get nervous

Just got waitlisted, kind of disappointed. How manh will they pull from the list usually?

Has anyone received a decision for those who interviewed 3/13 or later? I interviewed on 3/13 and I'm starting to get nervous
I interviewed at a school back in January and still waiting to hear back. You have to have patience in this process, even as a physician.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! I just wanted to let yall know I withdrew today. Hope it goes to one of you guys!!! Best of luck.

Seems like decisions are starting to come out steadily. Anyone deferred still waiting to hear accepted/waitlisted/rejected like me?
I was delayed decision on 2/24 and haven’t heard anything. My interview was 2/12

Hey guys, if you get waitlisted or delayed don't lose hope. Obviously if you have acceptances elsewhere jump on that but hang in there otherwise and stay hopefully. Yes PCOM is known for making people wait but this year is probably really unique for the school admissions office because of the COVID-19 crisis.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 3/4. Delayed decision three weeks later. Crickets since. Fingers crossed!

Has anyone gotten a straight up R after getting a delayed decision letter? Just curious.

Just withdrew my acceptance, wishing you all the best and excited for whoever the spot goes to!! PCOM is a great school

Curious- anyone think we’ll have a delayed opening this year? I’m from NYC so currently I’m not too optimistic right now

Reactions: 3 users