2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When is the next deposit deadline?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anyone tell me about PCOM’s policy regarding deferment of matriculation for MD students specifically?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Curious- anyone think we’ll have a delayed opening this year? I’m from NYC so currently I’m not too optimistic right now
Idk about a delayed opening but there's a strong possibility virtual learning will still be in effect in August when school starts.

Does anyone know how PCOM is handling requiring a second MCAT score dated prior July 1st since AMCAS is cancelling a lot of the dates due to coronavirus?

Anyone know how much time for board prep is given at PCOM in their curriculum? How often are tests/exams? Also is there mandatory attendance?

Anyone know how much time for board prep is given at PCOM in their curriculum? How often are tests/exams? Also is there mandatory attendance?
No mandatory attendance. I'm a first year so I'm not totally in the know about boards prep but the number I always hear is that you'll have about 5 weeks for dedicated boards study. Testing for first years is an exam about every 3-4 weeks depending on the subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will say this. The waitlist letter says at the end "We are hopeful that we will have a spot for you." I appreciate that. It's a stark contrast to other programs that ended their letter with "We reserve the right to call people from the waitlist until a week before class starts."

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 03/11
DD 04/15

Still waiting to hear back.

Interviewed 3/13
Waitlisted 4/14
With the apparent DD movement to waitlist I'm hoping to get an acceptance soon. Does being put on the waitlist from the get go mean anything? Is it possible that being DD is in a better position?
Hope all you DD get good news soon!

Interviewed 3/13
Waitlisted 4/14
With the apparent DD movement to waitlist I'm hoping to get an acceptance soon. Does being put on the waitlist from the get go mean anything? Is it possible that being DD is in a better position?
Unfortunately, I think the answer is unclear. Someone who is DD could theoretically get accepted (which would be better than WL) or denied or like myself get put on the waitlist where they could be at the top of that WL or at the very bottom. So it is all circumstantial...FYI I do not know any of this for certain but it is my best guess. I think we all just have to wait it out and hope for the best! Good luck to everyone!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 3/13
Waitlisted 4/14

From what I understand, once PCOM gets through the DDs, then they can start taking people off the WL. Otherwise why have DD in the first place, why not just WL. Being on DD means that admissions could not reach a decision of WL or accepted, and needed more time to re-evaluate. I have seen applicants on this forum with DD get accepted, but not WL to accepted YET. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know that is not what you wanted to hear. Hang in there! Many of the DDs are being put on WL. There is still hope.

Ah, that’s a torture. I feel like all DD have turned into WL, which they could have just let you know then instead putting you through two months of wait....
exactly. i know people who interviewed with me who got WL immediately. i dont understand lol

exactly. i know people who interviewed with me who got WL immediately. i dont understand lol

welp lol join the crew, their WL usually moves around April 15 but this year it hasn’t so god knows wtf are they doing this year.

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed mid Feb, DD two weeks after, waitlist literally last week, and just got accepted this morning! Please stay patient everyone, good things will definitely come your way!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Interviewed mid Feb, DD two weeks after, waitlist literally last week, and just got accepted this morning! Please stay patient everyone, good things will definitely come your way!
Congrats!

OH MY GOODNESS CONGRATS!!!!! thats amazing news!!!!

Congratulations! Hoping to join you soon.

Any way you'd be willing to PM me your stats? Just curious.

congrats!!!!!

Has anyone heard anything recently? Wondering if waitlist movement has started?

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything recently? Wondering if waitlist movement has started?
Nothing as far as I know sadly :( I am hoping that we hopefully hear something soon though, the waiting is stressful

Reactions: 2 users
Hello guys,
I'm few of the lucky ones who got off the waitlist! I just got accepted last week and decided to take the spot. Wishing the best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 6 users
Withdrew my spot on the waitlist yesterday.

Does PCOM disclose anything when we call about our waitlist position? This waiting is seriously taking a toll.

The name of the game is patience. That being said, by being impatient and letting the wait process get to you, you will only make things worse.
-no they won’t tell you anything about the WL process, your spot, how they pick etc
-they meet twice a month to discuss. So there were acceptances last week. And hopefully next week.
- pray for the best, prepare for the worst so you’re not hurt or heart broken.

Reactions: 5 users
The name of the game is patience. That being said, by being impatient and letting the wait process get to you, you will only make things worse.
-no they won’t tell you anything about the WL process, your spot, how they pick etc
-they meet twice a month to discuss. So there were acceptances last week. And hopefully next week.
- pray for the best, prepare for the worst so you’re not hurt or heart broken.
May i ask how you know they meet twice a month?