2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed mid February and was also accepted! There is still hope

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Could any current student comment on how the current curriculum is graded? I thought I heard Pass/Fail but now I’m seeing conflicting info online

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are still giving out II? The last few years' threads said they stopped at the end of March but with the COVID situation that might have changed?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if they are still giving out II? The last few years' threads said they stopped at the end of March but with the COVID situation that might have changed?
I read in this thread somewhere that they were planning on interviewing later this year (into April) because they started later than usual. Based on that, I would think that they are not done, but I don’t know how COVID-19 affects all of that too

Reactions: 2 users
Does PCOM not even send a secondary fee or any kind of submission? I know their secondary essays are in AACOMAS, but I've gotten absolutely no correspondence from them and I'm very worried at this stage in the cycle.

Does PCOM not even send a secondary fee or any kind of submission? I know their secondary essays are in AACOMAS, but I've gotten absolutely no correspondence from them and I'm very worried at this stage in the cycle.
I understand how you feel. this is a process of patience tbh. stay positive!

I have official word that PCOM-PA has concluded interview invitations. If you haven’t heard now, you never will. Unfortunately

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If they received your primary on time you would have received an email with a link to pay the secondary. I think they stopped downloading primary apps so you will not get that email at this late date. If you submitted your primary on time it is possible the email went into your spam or something.

I interviewed february 20 but haven't received a decision yet. They said at the interview that the decision would come in 5 weeks. I guess COVID-19 may be delaying this?

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed february 20 but haven't received a decision yet. They said at the interview that the decision would come in 5 weeks. I guess COVID-19 may be delaying this?
Covid-19 is in charge at this point. I interviewed at a school since Jan and been radio silence.. :(

Oop I was going to ask if anyone from March 11 had decisions, but guess there is major backlog o_O

Probably a biased place to ask, but does anyone have any thoughts on PCOM vs KCU advantages/disadvantages?

hey, were you in the morning or afternoon interview group? I also interviewed on Feb 20th and wonder if we might have crossed paths.

about how long after the interview did most people see the deposit link on their portal?

Bit of a shot in the dark, but have people who didn't get interviews gotten any *official* rejection? Considering it's the end of March I'm just waiting for the letter, but its been agonizing waiting to be rejected

Those who have received an acceptance, have you completed the tasks on the "getting started"? I haven't been able to access all of the forms

Bit of a shot in the dark, but have people who didn't get interviews gotten any *official* rejection? Considering it's the end of March I'm just waiting for the letter, but its been agonizing waiting to be rejected
I don't think they send any rejections before the end of April

Those who have received an acceptance, have you completed the tasks on the "getting started"? I haven't been able to access all of the forms
I haven't done so much at this point. Been lazy:lol:

So for those that have been accepted, your summary portal does NOT change? I thought I read somewhere that a new task or requirement pops up

So for those that have been accepted, your summary portal does NOT change? I thought I read somewhere that a new task or requirement pops up
It changes with a link to make the first $250, and after that payment it changes again with a link to make the $1500 admission deposit.
these deposits and covid-19 are itching me :(

The $250 is the first, I believe 1-2 weeks after acceptance ( I was accepted in Feb) and the $1500 is due on April 15.
Damn I’ve seen nothing on mine and it’s been about a month now. Looks like (best case scenario) WL #4 for me :(

It changes with a link to make the first $250, and after that payment it changes again with a link to make the $1500 admission deposit.
these deposits and covid-19 are itching me :(
I just read the email that basically says bear with us, we’re in an unprecedented time while also saying the deposit is still due April 15.

My portal changed, but it changed back to what it looked like before I even got the II. I'm assuming this isn't good news. For reference, right above the table, it says all this:

Thank you for your interest in PCOM! Below are important details regarding your application for admission. The grid below summarizes your application including notification of required items received/processed by the Office of Admissions to date.
  • If there is a date populated in the Received column for each required item, your application is complete.
    1. The "Pre-Health Advisor/Committee Letter" will appear as required until the approved letter is received and/or all three of the alternative letters (two science faculty/one other faculty) are received/processed.
    2. Please note that the faculty letters must be from a professor who issued a grade for a course noted on your institutional transcript.
  • Once your payment is received, we will begin to process your application. However, due to volume, the process of adding items to your record will take at least 15 business days from the date the fee is marked received. Please do not contact us to inquire as the information will appear below. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
  • Once your application is complete, no further application status updates will be posted to this portal. Application status information is also not provided via phone or email inquiry at any time.
  • Note that you are welcome to submit significant updates to your applicant record (newly graded coursework or MCAT scores).
Best wishes to you!

My portal changed, but it changed back to what it looked like before I even got the II. I'm assuming this isn't good news. For reference, right above the table, it says all this:

Thank you for your interest in PCOM! Below are important details regarding your application for admission. The grid below summarizes your application including notification of required items received/processed by the Office of Admissions to date.
  • If there is a date populated in the Received column for each requireditem, your application is complete.
    1. The "Pre-Health Advisor/Committee Letter" will appear as required until the approved letter is received and/or all three of the alternative letters (two science faculty/one other faculty) are received/processed.
    2. Please note that the faculty letters must be from a professor who issued a grade for a course noted on your institutional transcript.
  • Once your payment is received, we will begin to process your application. However, due to volume, the process of adding items to your record will take at least 15 business days from the date the fee is marked received. Please do not contact us to inquire as the information will appear below. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
  • Once your application is complete, no further application status updates will be posted to this portal. Application status information is also not provided via phone or email inquiry at any time.
  • Note that you are welcome to submit significant updates to your applicant record (newly graded coursework or MCAT scores).
Best wishes to you!
Same here, but I only interviewed March 19... Hoping this just happened to everyone since I doubt I’d have a decision yet

Same here, but I only interviewed March 19... Hoping this just happened to everyone since I doubt I’d have a decision yet
It means waitlist. I have someone who experienced the same and it ended up being waitlist. However stay positive and safe!

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users
It means waitlist. I have someone who experienced the same and it ended up being waitlist. However stay positive and safe!
That’s disappointing bc I have a deposit coming up for another school. Will probably have to withdraw from here. Thanks for the heads up though

• Hmm