2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there a Facebook group or anything for accepted students?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email this morning that interviews are going online only. They said that this won't affect the chances of acceptance.

What if an applicant sent a letter of intent that lead to an interview invite and a subsequent waitlist? Would it be advisable for him to send another letter of intent or would the original one suffice?
Did you end up sending them the same letter of intent after getting waitlisted? Or did you end up composing a new letter to send them?

has anyone else been accepted off the wait list recently?

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone who interviewed on March 13 hear anything back yet? Do you think COVID-19 will cause a significant delay?

What if an applicant sent a letter of intent that lead to an interview invite and a subsequent waitlist? Would it be advisable for him to send another letter of intent or would the original one suffice?
From what I remember from my application process research, it is good practice to send a follow-up or maintain-contact email every month/month and a half. Expressing interest is good! When you do, don't say the same things over and over, show that you've really put some thought into why you want to attend, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
They should send those to you after you pay the deposits and complete the Technical Standards form. As far as the dress code, it looks like they only have certain requirements for OMM lab sessions. They may also want us to dress professional with white coats whenever a guest lecturer shows up.
No true dress code. Sometimes Clinicians or guest lecturers will come on campus and those lectures are mandatory and require business professional with white coat (once you get it). OMM labs require specific clothing and when you're in the anatomy lab you have to wear scrubs and closed-toe shoes.

This list is pretty indicative of where everyone lives right now. Everything is within 10-15 minutes with the closest probably being Southland Villas (3 minutes).
There are housing options available right on Tallokas Road, but they seem fairly difficult to get. A good portion of Moultrie is managed or owned by Larry Franklin, who is a big supporter of the school. Lots of building is planned/ in the process to accommodate the school. For the most part, rent/utilities are inexpensive, especially compared to other parts of the country!
Moultrie administration is working hard to increase housing availability. I know of 2 apartment complexes that are being built at the moment, but I'm sure they won't be done by the time the new class comes in. Right now, the top 4 places that students are living are Arbors on 4th (2-3 bed apartments), Southland Villas (2-3 bedroom townhomes), The Preserve at Cobblestone (legit houses, where I live rn), and Highland Apartments (2-3 bed apartments). Highland is building new units right now, but they might already be spoken for. Need more specific questions answered, DM me. Matthew, OMS-1

Has anyone heard from the office recently, or sent a letter of intent in the recent week? I was considering writing a letter of intent, but I'm concerned the timing may not be the best until April.

Pre-II rejection letter came this morning :D

has anyone been accepted off the wait list since the pandemic started lol

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
From what I have read from the other PCOM SDN forums we may not see much movement on waitlist till after the deposit deadline on April 15, when final 1500$ deposit is due.

I have been on the waitlist since receiving the decision letter on 02/10. Praying for a good outcome
When did you submit and what were your rough stats? I applied to PCOM as well so that is why I ask.

Primary Completed: 7/30/19

Secondary Offered: 8/15/19

Secondary/Application Completed: around 10/28/19 (late due to personal emergency, could not find exact date)

Rejection: 4/2/20

Goodluck all!

Last edited:
4/15 is almost here. looks there was no movement off of the wait list in the past 5-6 weeks via acceptance. Hopefully the next 2-4 weeks show some swift movement.

To any one already accepted: They lowered deposit from 1500 to 500 for other PCOM campuses, is that true for this campus too?

4/15 is almost here. looks there was no movement off of the wait list in the past 5-6 weeks via acceptance. Hopefully the next 2-4 weeks show some swift movement.

To any one already accepted: They lowered deposit from 1500 to 500 for other PCOM campuses, is that true for this campus too?
Yes, also $500 here

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, withdrawing my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you guys :)
this campus is charming and the admin team seems to really care about you

Hi everyone! My name is Matthew Powell and I am the Class President for the South Georgia D.O. Class of 2023. To all who have been accepted, congratulations! For all who are waitlisted or waiting to hear something, stay strong! This process is grueling and not fun at all, but in the end is very rewarding. Looking back on the application process, you'll appreciate the struggle and how it strengthened you as a person and future physician.

For accepted students who have submitted their deposit, I wanted to share the Class of 2024 Facebook page link. In order to be added, you must have your PCOM Email. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me ([email protected]) or shoot me a dm on Facebook. I don't check this all that often, so Facebook or email will be best. Log into Facebook | Facebook <-- link

Look forward to meeting everyone! Moultrie is a wonderful place for medical school. If you don't believe me, reach out and I'll convince you:)

Reactions: 5 users
Now that the deposits have been due, has anyone been moved off the waitlist yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Same, I was waitlisted in December and am realllly hoping for some good wailist movement. Hang in there everyone :)

Nothing yet, waitlisted in early April. I got my decision on a Monday, the letter was dated on a Friday, so I have a feeling it might take a little time.

Nothing yet, waitlisted in early April. I got my decision on a Monday, the letter was dated on a Friday, so I have a feeling it might take a little time.
Same, I was waitlisted March 27 and still haven’t heard anything.

For accepted students, how y’all feelin about this financial aid package?

Not yet, but I did start the reapplication stuff today. Pcom PA and south GA are on the same application this year. Not really sure how much it will affect things next cycle.

i wonder how many spots will even open up between now and the start of classes...not trying to be negative but i think they're only taking like 60ish students

i wonder how many spots will even open up between now and the start of classes...not trying to be negative but i think they're only taking like 60ish students
That is correct, I believe the class size will be 60 spot on. I have several friends that I know have withdrawn their application to PCOM South Georgia who were interviewed and accepted. So there definitely is hope! Keep it up!!

I accepted a spot at PCOM-GA in Suwanee and formally declined my acceptance at SO GA Campus. Hope one of you gets it!

When are DO candidates supposed to officially commit to one school?

B1CFC0C8-2749-4EBE-96E5-AA7870C9B0F8.png

This is what I found in the AACOM website. Says May 15th they release info to the schools on which applicants have paid multiple deposits, allowing the individual schools to decide if they want to rescind acceptances for students holding onto multiple acceptances or not. So with that in mind, May 15th is the technical deadline before you risk losing acceptances.

If you are waitlisted for 2019-2020 cycle for PCOM south georgia, do you have to reapply to PCOM for the 2020-2021 cycle?

If you are waitlisted for 2019-2020 cycle for PCOM south georgia, do you have to reapply to PCOM for the 2020-2021 cycle?

It's up to you. I am going to just in case I don't get removed from the waitlist this cycle.