2019-2020 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (South Georgia Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone, withdrawing my acceptance, hope it goes to one of you guys :)
this campus is charming and the admin team seems to really care about you
I think you guys should be seeing some waitlist movement, I finally got a confirmation of my withdrawal and they said they released my seat to another candidate (hopefully one of y’all!)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
I hope they start moving us off the waitlist today

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that a lot of people were taken off the waitlist last year in June and July. In my interview they said they even accepted 2 people the literal day before school started. I can't imagine that stress!

Reactions: 1 user
I heard that a lot of people were taken off the waitlist last year in June and July. In my interview they said they even accepted 2 people the literal day before school started. I can't imagine that stress!
The wait is so nerve-racking

Does your heart ever jump a little when you get an email from PCOM, only for it to say "Hey have you ever heard of PCOM South Georgia? Join this info session!" haha.

Reactions: 4 users
Do any of you all know if PCOM South Georgia will be online or in person?

Okay so this is going to make me sound insane, but when you're stuck inside all day and have been on the waitlist for 5 months you notice subtle portal changes real quick So on my requirements it has always just said "Application fee" from the original fee I paid in August. It now says more specifically "$75 application fee". It feels like a pretty insignificant system update, but I wanted to know if anyone else has seen the same change?

Okay so this is going to make me sound insane, but when you're stuck inside all day and have been on the waitlist for 5 months you notice subtle portal changes real quick So on my requirements it has always just said "Application fee" from the original fee I paid in August. It now says more specifically "$75 application fee". It feels like a pretty insignificant system update, but I wanted to know if anyone else has seen the same change?

I noticed that last night. I couldn’t remember what it said before, but the $75 part definitely stood out.

I have the same change.

Members don't see this ad :)
+1

Yeah, its probably that they may be updating the format for the upcoming application cycle.

I'm really glad you guys are all checking the portal as compulsively as I am lol

Reactions: 1 users
If you are waitlisted for 2019-2020 cycle for PCOM south georgia, do you have to reapply to PCOM for the 2020-2021 cycle?
If you want to be considered next cycle you need to re-apply.

I’m trying to plan how to best approach this “brief-answer question” with a max character limit of 2000. Did you all write a fully extensive essay for this?
Honestly I thought there was going to be a secondary so I answered it fairly briefly and then regretted it when I realized. I'll likely write more of a full essay this next cycle.

I’m honestly surprised there hasn’t been much movement in the waitlist. I guess I have to commit to my plan B :(

Im keeping my hopes up for some possible late movement this summer, but starting my applications for the following cycle as well as restudying for the MCAT just in case. I just wish we could know one way or the other sooner so we could plan accordingly :(

Im keeping my hopes up for some possible late movement this summer, but starting my applications for the following cycle as well as restudying for the MCAT just in case. I just wish we could know one way or the other sooner so we could plan accordingly :(
Completely agree. It’s hard to find the motivation to restudy for the MCAT, on top of paying the money to reapply while still hoping to get pulled from the waitlist.

Reactions: 5 users
Completely agree. It’s hard to find the motivation to restudy for the MCAT, on top of paying the money to reapply while still hoping to get pulled from the waitlist.
Yes, I feel this! The clinic I work for has been closed due to the coronavirus, so paying for new applications or another MCAT is hard to justify, especially if I may not need to at all. Uncertainty on top of uncertainty is not fun at all.

• Sad
It does seem like there is some waitlist movement at other school this week, and it seems like prom south has does most of the activity on Fridays. So there is still some hope for us. does anyone have any idea how they do their unranked waitlist?

It's definitely stressful having to pay for another MCAT exam and applications when we could potentially be pulled off the waitlist in the coming months, but definitely prepare for plan B and take it seriously just in case. I was waitlisted at two schools last year when I applied and didn't end up getting in (obviously why I'm here lol). My plan B was to reapply and take the MCAT again, but I didn't study nearly as hard as I should have since I thought I would get off one of the waitlists, which resulted in an MCAT score that was lower than the first time I applied on top of submitting my application late. Please do yourself a favor and don't be like me last year lol because then you'll end up in the same situation a second year in a row like myself :)

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Well, the bright side of being a re applicant this year if waitlist doesn't work out, we have more leniency with how long we can take for our MCAT, you know since Ms. Rona came thru.

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve been keeping up with the PCOM PA thread and it seems like they make a decision from the waitlist every other week. I’m not sure if it’s the same for South Georgia considering the smaller class size.

I’ve been keeping up with the PCOM PA thread and it seems like they make a decision from the waitlist every other week. I’m not sure if it’s the same for South Georgia considering the smaller class size.
I've seen that too. Its hard to tell because nobody on here has gotten off the waitlist in what feels like forever. I'm guessing that have a system though.

Does anyone know how they re-evaluate students on the waitlist? Is it if you were waitlisted in January versus March then they will re-evaluate the students in January then move down to the students in the next month?

Does anyone know how they re-evaluate students on the waitlist? Is it if you were waitlisted in January versus March then they will re-evaluate the students in January then move down to the students in the next month?
They said in my waitlist letter that it is an unranked list. Therefore, they will not be looking at the list in order of the time you were placed.

They said in my waitlist letter that it is an unranked list. Therefore, they will not be looking at the list in order of the time you were placed.
Yea, I was placed on the waitlist on December so it definetly isn't ranked in order of interviews. I guess they just look at everyone again each time? It seems like a long way of doing it.

Hi everyone. Accepted off of the waitlist.

Application sent: 12/6/19
Interviewed: 3/6/20
Waitlisted: 4/3/20
Accepted: 5/28/20

Reactions: 6 users