2019-2020 Southern Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know how far along they are on AWPA list? Are they going through it quickly or barely?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Received an acceptance to SIU today! Very excited to start at SIU in the fall. Good luck to everyone on the AWPA list, here's to show there is still movement happening!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an acceptance to SIU today! Very excited to start at SIU in the fall. Good luck to everyone on the AWPA list, here's to show there is still movement happening!
Congrats! Hopefully there will be some more movement soon :giggle:

Reactions: 1 user
The Class of 2024 Facebook group has been created in case anyone was wondering. As of now, there are only a few people in the group.

The group name is Class of 2024 SIU SOM. I would just put that in the search bar and it should popup. I think 6 people are in the group so far.

Did you get an email about it?
No, I didn't get an email. I looked through last year's sdn thread and saw that 2023's group was made around this time, so I just tried my luck and searched for it. The group is private obviously, but the administrator added me within an hour.

If you didn't get an invitation, you should be added by someone early next week! I wasn't able to search for it last year because it was private.

I received an acceptance here today! I am so excited to start medical school here! Good luck to everyone still on AWPA! I literally was making alternative plans, applying to Master's programs, and even D.O. school when the email came in.

Reactions: 6 users
I received an acceptance here today! I am so excited to start medical school here! Good luck to everyone still on AWPA! I literally was making alternative plans, applying to Master's programs, and even D.O. school when the email came in.
Congrats & best of luck!!!

Has anyone heard about what supplies we will need? Stethoscope, obviously, but any idea if we should plan to buy a BP cuff, tuning forks, etc. I'm planning to wait until after pre-orientation to buy anything, but just curious what everyone else is thinking??

Has anyone heard about what supplies we will need? Stethoscope, obviously, but any idea if we should plan to buy a BP cuff, tuning forks, etc. I'm planning to wait until after pre-orientation to buy anything, but just curious what everyone else is thinking??
They will give you this information at pre-orientation. You will be responsible for ordering a stethoscope on your own and will recommend which brands and models you should look into buying. (I recommend Littmann cardiology IV.) You will also have the option to order tuning forks and reflex hammers from the school and pick them up the first week of school. Those should be the only supplies you will need!

Received an acceptance elsewhere and asked Beth to remove my name from the AWPA list. Hope that helps anyone else still waiting for acceptances.
Do you mind sharing yoour stats? Thank you!