2019-2020 UCLA PRIME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We hope this email finds you well. We are emailing you to update you on your application status to PRIME-LA.

Each year we are fortunate to see the impressive array of talent during the interview phase of a highly competitive process. We appreciate the time you have taken to prepare and present your candidacy through the application process. Your application to the 2020 entering class has been carefully reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

While your application was not selected for one of the limited spaces available for an admission offer, the Admissions Committee is pleased to offer you the option of choosing to be considered on our PRIME alternate list. Candidates from the alternate list will be offered admission if spaces in PRIME open prior to the beginning of classes in August, 2020.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the update. Wishing you the best for the rest of your cycle.

I think they must have decided on the first 18 that they will accept since some people have been waitlisted. If those 18 have not been notified, then it may be because they are being presented to the scholarship committee. I vaguely recall Emma and Dr. Moreno saying that they would wait until after the scholarship committee makes a decision before notifying.

I also received this email today. I emailed them asking if I am still eligible for PRIME-LA since the rejection letter is not clear. Also called, but went to voicemail and I didn't leave one because I figured I would just send an email.
Did you interview for both regular and PRIME?

Side note did anyone get their rejection from DGSOM today? Gave me a small heart attack... curious timing if decisions are coming out.....
Hi! Just wondering if your rejection for DGSOM was pre-II or post-II?

Members don't see this ad :)
Confirmation that email from Braddock is not for prime. I’ve seen a WL and rejection from prime and it does not look like the geffen one.

Where did you see a rejection from PRIME? Do you know someone who was rejected?

Did you interview for both regular and PRIME?

I did not interview for regular. Just Drew and PRIME.

Same. Taking the day off work because of this one.

• Love
Same here too, post II R, this one hurt!

• Sad
Post II R as well but honestly had a feeling about this one. Congrats to those who got in!

Got the R lovelynandini The crazy thing is I prepped for this interview the most out of any other interview and felt so insanely confident when I left. I literally told myself "BRO.....I think you just got into UCLA." Swear I was teary eyed and shaking when I left. Then, I caught the relentless R.

I was crushed, angry, confused when I got the notification. UCLA is the dream right?

But, all things happen for a reason. I wasn't meant to go to UCLA. Because, shortly after, I received notification of a FULL TUITION scholarship to another PRIME program! AHHHHH!

I'm grateful to have interviewed at UCLA, and CONGRATS to anyone who got in!!! Seriously I'm so happy for yall. And I'm almost positive that if anyone was interviewing here I'm sure you guys got other offers! We all gunna be eating good at the end of the day baby. LFG!!!! Keep dem chins up!!!