2021-2022 Baylor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I find that kind of odd I would’ve figured they’d send an email letting us know if we were on a waitlist or not before just letting us assume we were until further acceptance or rejection notice

Members don't see this ad.

Especially since OOS students don’t participate in the match. Has it been historically accurate that OOS applicants are only accepted pre-match and then otherwise put on a waitlist?

Just called the admissions office and I was a little confused by what she said but she said something to the effect of “everyone is on the waitlist now and if youre not accepted by May 15th then you’re rejected”

This is what I figured would happen with one or two OOS applicants reporting acceptances around Thanksgiving and the match. Accept the small portion of their class that is OOS early so they can focus on the match. Best of luck to the rest of us though! Hope everyone has other choices moving forward :)

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I find that kind of odd I would’ve figured they’d send an email letting us know if we were on a waitlist or not before just letting us assume we were until further acceptance or rejection notice
The MD/PhD students have not heard final decision yet and are also waiting.
Each TMDSAS school may manage their WL as they decide. Some schools put all “interviewed but not accepted” people on one gigantic WL and others only do WL by invitation.

I am a little unclear on the timeline for making final decisions. I see we are supposed to make a final decision and withdraw from all other schools April 30th. But it seems like the WLs I’m on wouldn’t even let me know until after April 30th… do people just claim to withdraw from the schools they’re WLd at, but not actually withdraw in the hopes they get in May, June, early July?

I am a little unclear on the timeline for making final decisions. I see we are supposed to make a final decision and withdraw from all other schools April 30th. But it seems like the WLs I’m on wouldn’t even let me know until after April 30th… do people just claim to withdraw from the schools they’re WLd at, but not actually withdraw in the hopes they get in May, June, early July?
The best place to read the rules is on the AAMC site

The best place to read the rules is on the AAMC sit
I did and was still unclear. Also I’ve been going off tmdsas. But still, I’m reading we need to make a final decision by 4/30 and withdraw from others, but people regularly change their mind after 4/30

I did and was still unclear. Also I’ve been going off tmdsas. But still, I’m reading we need to make a final decision by 4/30 and withdraw from others, but people regularly change their mind after 4/30
I agree it is a little confusing and conflicting.
I don't know if you also applied to some OOS schools and are on WLs for OOS schools? If so DM me to discuss.

For someone who applied only TMDSAS (a lot of Texans do this)
1. Match Day (if you matched) automatically narrows you down to one acceptance.
In AMCAS the applicants has to do this themselves and most put it off until April 29/30.
2. In TMDSAS you can, by the book, stay on TMDSAS WLs until May 15th if you already hold a TMDSAS acceptance. This applies to instate
and OOS applicants to the TMDSAS system, by the way.
3. If you get an offer from a TMDSAS WL that you want to take, before May 15th, accept it and then contact your prior school and withdraw.
You will only temporarily be holding both spots.
4. You can stay on OOS WLs as far as I know, until you hit that "CTE" button.
5. If you get a WL offer from an OOS school in June, for example, you could still take it and withdraw from your TMDSAS match school.
Most people don't, though, because of the tuition savings in Texas.

I did and was still unclear.
I agree it is a little confusing and conflicting.
I don't know if you also applied to some OOS schools and are on WLs for OOS schools? If so DM me to discuss.

For someone who applied only TMDSAS (a lot of Texans do this)
1. Match Day (if you matched) automatically narrows you down to one acceptance.
In AMCAS the applicants has to do this themselves and most put it off until April 29/30.
2. In TMDSAS you can, by the book, stay on TMDSAS WLs until May 15th if you already hold a TMDSAS acceptance. This applies to instate
and OOS applicants to the TMDSAS system, by the way.
3. If you get an offer from a TMDSAS WL that you want to take, before May 15th, accept it and then contact your prior school and withdraw.
You will only temporarily be holding both spots.
4. You can stay on OOS WLs as far as I know, until you hit that "CTE" button.
5. If you get a WL offer from an OOS school in June, for example, you could still take it and withdraw from your TMDSAS match school.
Most people don't, though, because of the tuition savings in Texas.
Got it, thank you! My confusion was between WLs and acceptances. I applied as OOS to TX and surprisingly that is where I was accepted. I do have non-TX WLs, and was reading the traffic rules as though I’d have to withdraw from these WLs when the rules pertain to people with multiple acceptances.

Got it, thank you! My confusion was between WLs and acceptances. I applied as OOS to TX and surprisingly that is where I was accepted. I do have non-TX WLs, and was reading the traffic rules as though I’d have to withdraw from these WLs when the rules pertain to people with multiple acceptances.
On a side note, many states have in state tuitions far greater than OOS tuition at Baylor so check on tuitions for your waitlists.

Hey y'all. I just got accepted to UAB in Alabama (Im from alabama) and am waiting to hear back from Baylor. Does the April 30th rule apply to me even though I'm applying in two different systems (AMCAS and TMDSAS). I would much rather attend Baylor for academic, career, and relationship reasons, but am concerned I could hear back well into May. Is there any way I can get around this stupid rule? Or does it even apply to me?

Hey y'all. I just got accepted to UAB in Alabama (Im from alabama) and am waiting to hear back from Baylor. Does the April 30th rule apply to me even though I'm applying in two different systems (AMCAS and TMDSAS). I would much rather attend Baylor for academic, career, and relationship reasons, but am concerned I could hear back well into May. Is there any way I can get around this stupid rule? Or does it even apply to me?
The April 30th rule means if you hold more than 1 admission in your hands you need to drop down to one by April 30.
You can hold the UAB seat and stay on the WL for Baylor.
However, if this is what you want to do, only mark UAB as "PTE"(plan to enroll) and not "CTE" (commit to enroll).
If offered a place at Baylor in May or later, you could accept it and then promptly withdraw from UAB.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the acceptance!

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody heard anything recently or know anyone who’s heard anything? The admissions office told me today that they are now on rolling admissions until May 15th

Anybody heard anything recently or know anyone who’s heard anything? The admissions office told me today that they are now on rolling admissions until May 15th
That's true but they probably have to lose someone to fill a seat from the WL. It will happen but not just yet.

Ok and they just send a massive rejection wave at the end of the cycle right? Like they won’t let you know if you’re rejected until the end?

That's true but they probably have to lose someone to fill a seat from the WL. It will happen but not just yet.
I'm guessing their class is full at this point. That they are only giving spots from applicants who drop off...

Last edited:
I'm guessing their class is full at this point. That they are only giving spots from applicants who drop off...
This time last year, according to the SDN from the 20-21 cycle, people were still getting acceptance calls all the way to April 15th. People got waitlisted May 2nd

This time last year, according to the SDN from the 20-21 cycle, people were still getting acceptance calls all the way to April 15th. People got waitlisted May 2nd
While there still will probably be a bit of waitlist movement for people that trickle off top OOS schools, what happened last year was a result of Baylor not being part of TMDSAS and having their rolling decisions be finalized for the final few spots near April. Unless they just decided to not include their entire class size in the match (unlikely), that no longer applies this year.

Or, maybe they’re waiting to fill OOS acceptances until after the match and allotted that number of acceptances (15-20%, excluding the like 10 OOS people who prematched) for post match movement prior to a waitlist movement

Again, all speculation just don’t want to get depressed

You need to remember that you have an acceptance this cycle, to an incredible option. Regardless of if you accepted at Baylor, you should feel accomplished. Maybe you should take some time off SDN. Imagine your future attending your current option. Because it may be reality. It's okay to be hopeful, but this seems detrimental. Best of luck

• Love
You need to remember that you have an acceptance this cycle, to an incredible option. Regardless of if you accepted at Baylor, you should feel accomplished. Maybe you should take some time off SDN. Imagine your future attending your current option. Because it may be reality. It's okay to be hopeful, but this seems detrimental. Best of luck
There is something about the limbo of waiting to hear from other schools, even when already holding an acceptance, that does suck. Can be annoying to think that all your plans for the upcoming year might change at short notice. But recently I had an amazing interaction with my current school that affirmed and reignited the excitement I felt at receiving their offer of admission. @doctorstudentnetwork i feel your eager anticipation! Still might be good to take a break tho

There is something about the limbo of waiting to hear from other schools, even when already holding an acceptance, that does suck. Can be annoying to think that all your plans for the upcoming year might change at short notice. But recently I had an amazing interaction with my current school that affirmed and reignited the excitement I felt at receiving their offer of admission. @doctorstudentnetwork i feel your eager anticipation! Still might be good to take a break tho
I like this perspective and tone!!!

Damn y’all this wait is brutal. Took some time from SDN but this was still all I could think about. I know that’s pretty toxic but I mean this literally decides our future I can’t really help it

Damn y’all this wait is brutal. Took some time from SDN but this was still all I could think about. I know that’s pretty toxic but I mean this literally decides our future I can’t really help it
I wish I can personally dole out an A to you!! Its the consistency, For me. I think we are all in this together. I'm praying we can hear some good news soon!

I am wondering if anyone already did background check for Baylor, and how long it will take to get the background report back. Also, what is due date to submit the report back to Baylor? Thanks

Hey y’all. I’m an OOS applicant and have recently been engaged to my fiancé who is doing her professional schooling in Houston. Is there a way I could update Baylor with this information. The reason I ask is that they might think I’ll be more willing to go should they accept me since I already have a very solid reason to go to Houston

• Care
Hey y’all. I’m an OOS applicant and have recently been engaged to my fiancé who is doing her professional schooling in Houston. Is there a way I could update Baylor with this information. The reason I ask is that they might think I’ll be more willing to go should they accept me since I already have a very solid reason to go to Houston
I really think you should! I am sort of thinking that those of us OOS who are still waiting to hear back might be waitlisted but I think sending a polite update letter with this information can only help you. If I were you, I may consider writing a letter of intent - "I will attend Baylor if accepted due to my interest of being nearby my fiance"

Congratulations on your engagement!! I second hydroflaskhomie's response!!!

Have any IS applicants gotten offers from the WL? Or has there been no movement whatsoever? I guess maybe after April 30 we’ll see movement ??

Have any IS applicants gotten offers from the WL? Or has there been no movement whatsoever? I guess maybe after April 30 we’ll see movement ??
Yes, I think we will only start seeing action after April 30. Not much longer to wait!
We can't compare this year to prior years of Baylor WL movement because before now, people with TMDSAS spots often left those behind for an offer from Baylor. Now that Baylor is in the TMDSAS Match system, all that shuffling will be much less.

People with multiple offers of admission, (at Baylor + OOS schools), will have to make some choices by April 30 and I believe this will create some more offers into Baylor's class.

• Love
I’m not so sure about this. I read this thread just now and almost **** my pants because I didn’t receive an email. I called the front desk of admissions and the person said that they did not send out emails

They said if you interviewed and haven’t heard back then you’re on the waitlist. She said they accept until their class is full (she said it typically fills in June)

I’m not so sure about this. I read this thread just now and almost **** my pants because I didn’t receive an email. I called the front desk of admissions and the person said that they did not send out emails
I consider most answers given by phone to be of dubious value.
If anyone has heard from Baylor in writing that all who interviewed are on the WL, I'd believe that more.

Called again and got a different person from the admissions office, same thing was said. Told them I was an OOS applicant who interviewed in November and hadnt heard anything back yet. Asked if I was put on waitlist or if I was supposed to receive an email saying I was on it. This different person said you are automatically put on it.

I consider most answers given by phone to be of dubious value.
If anyone has heard from Baylor in writing that all who interviewed are on the WL, I'd believe that more.
But did anyone get an email stating they were waitlisted? If so, I haven't seen that on the thread. Again, not like this thread is representative of the entire class, but I don't think I've seen this. Especially from OOS. Perhaps IS who didn't match assumed they've been waitlisted?

Baylor didn't email to notify we were on the waitlist. I'm IS, I called a couple times post-match, and it was clear that anyone who didn't match to Baylor but ranked Baylor above where they matched is definitely waitlisted. Can't speak to OOS but this was my personal experience and I believe it to be true even if it isn't in writing.

FWIW, in past cycles, there is a definite email that is sent out that signifies you are on the waitlist but that was before Baylor joined the match and thus it happened much later. Still could happen in May but unless they majorly changed it, you should receive an email (eventually perhaps).

Where should you send updates to for Baylor? Particularly a Letter of Intent