You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Boston University
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
treesarefrends
Full Member
anyone still waiting for a fin aid package?
altruistic_hopeful
Full Member
did WL students receive an email to apply for MSR housing too? or where do WL students apply/submit documentation?I would if you wanted to live there. You'd have a decent chance of getting a spot even if you waited but things could change due to more people wanting an easier place to live due to Covid
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just withdrew my acceptance and Dean's scholarship
letsgetthisbreadd
New Member
Have there been any post ii Rs?
frizalidberg
Full Member
I doubt they would give this info out. In the past, they've had a large wait list (300) and not a lot of movement. But perhaps that will change this year because of covid. Maybe they gave more A's to people who will turn them down for an ivy because it was a more competitive cycle. Here's hoping🙂did anyone contact Boston about how big their wait list is and if they anticipate any movement this year?
Last edited:
D
deleted1054719
MSAR says 300 WLs and 20 accepted from it in general. These numbers were true from the past MSAR (2018-2019) and the one just updated (2019-2020)did anyone contact Boston about how big their wait list is and if they anticipate any movement this year?
treesarefrends
Full Member
meanyone else not receive a finaid award package yet?
Same
D
deleted1054719
Did anyone from the March wave of A's get financial aid yet besides the Dean's Scholarship notification? I thought we were guaranteed this info before second look 🙁
Did anyone from the March wave of A's get financial aid yet besides the Dean's Scholarship notification? I thought we were guaranteed this info before second look 🙁
I got my financial aid package yesterday (with acceptance in March)! Double check that they have your SSN or proof of citizenship, because that might be the hold up.
Also withdrew my acceptance lol, really loved my interviewer & the mission of this school & Boston, but can't afford it 🙁
D
deleted1054719
Sorry to hear! Do you mind clarifying - I don't see a place to upload my SSN or citizenship proof anywhere. I know from earlier in this thread there was apparently a citizenship match item in the financial aid portal but I don't have that in mine.I got my financial aid package yesterday (with acceptance in March)! Double check that they have your SSN or proof of citizenship, because that might be the hold up.
Also withdrew my acceptance lol, really loved my interviewer & the mission of this school & Boston, but can't afford it 🙁
I don't think I had to do this and recieved my financial aid. You can also email them to clarify if they are waiting on anything else, which is what I did and they had confirmed I just had to sit tightSorry to hear! Do you mind clarifying - I don't see a place to upload my SSN or citizenship proof anywhere. I know from earlier in this thread there was apparently a citizenship match item in the financial aid portal but I don't have that in mine.
D
deleted1054719
Great thanks!!I don't think I had to do this and recieved my financial aid. You can also email them to clarify if they are waiting on anything else, which is what I did and they had confirmed I just had to sit tight
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear! Do you mind clarifying - I don't see a place to upload my SSN or citizenship proof anywhere. I know from earlier in this thread there was apparently a citizenship match item in the financial aid portal but I don't have that in mine.
On the financial aid portal, there's a list of documents that are required, and proof of citizenship showed up as missing for me. I also got an email notifying me. But if none of this happened for you, you should be fine!
altruistic_hopeful
Full Member
when is the waitlist movement most likely going to be?
I think after June, according to the WL email. RIP
Last year’s thread had movement starting early mid-may, even though their WL email said the same thing!I think after June, according to the WL email. RIP
Last edited:
D
deleted1054719
There has been a constant, but very slow trickle of people leaving the GroupMe. Unfortunately, judging from FB and the GroupMe, I think we're probably still a bit over the class sizeis anyone here planning to withdraw? (just to give some hope to us waitlisted folks) 🙂
is anyone here planning to withdraw? (just to give some hope to us waitlisted folks) 🙂
I'm planning on withdrawing my A either tomorrow or Tuesday. It's a tough choice for me, but I wish the best of luck to all those on the WL who have BUSM as their first choice.
Wow I didn't even get loans up to cost of attendance, so to cover full CoA I'd be forced to have my parents help. I thought we least got federal loans up to COA? I think it was the PLUS loans that I didn't get any of, but I got those at other schools
Last edited:
D
deleted1054719
PLUS loans are a separate app and not considered need-based aid, thus are not enumerated as part of the initial package. Some schools list it in their packages for illustrative purposes but you are still required to apply separately. That process begins late next month. There is a CoA gap for everyone as Direct Loans have a yearly limit on them. BUSM doesn't expect you to pay out of pocket and everyone (almost) can qualify for PLUS.Wow I didn't even get loans up to cost of attendance, so to cover full CoA I'd be forced to have my parents help. I thought we least got federal loans up to COA? I think it was the PLUS loans that I didn't get any of, but I got those at other schools
Last edited by a moderator:
Just withdrew my A and scholarship!
+1, best of luck everyone <3Just withdrew my A and scholarship!
Any news on WL movement?
Withdrew my WL position, good luck to everyone on the waitlist! hopefully there's some good movement this year.
frizalidberg
Full Member
So they said around June in the waitlist email, but last year's SDN had some movement starting this week (approximately). Not a lot of people posted about waitlist movement last year tbh, but people mentioned their friends who got in around the beginning of June. We'll see what happens this year- not sure if the increase in apps will make things move more or less.Historically, when do they usually send out acceptances?
Matchafun17
New Member
I heard from my coworker that her cousin had received BU's acceptance call this Monday, 5/3. So I'm guessing they have already started to call some people, but no one is posting about it yet. Last year, my friend had also gotten off the waitlist and she said she received her acceptance call from BU the first week of May.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess if we don’t hear back this week, we’ll have a trickle of As as if somelme drops their spot
frizalidberg
Full Member
I feel like that might not be the case with BU... Especially since they said to expect movement in June I wouldn't start stressing about it yetI guess if we don’t hear back this week, we’ll have a trickle of As as if somelme drops their spot
does BU have a ranked WL? Do you think they would tell us our position on it if it were ranked
frizalidberg
Full Member
No- they don't tell us and they say it's not ranked but for sure there's a system they use it's just a secret.does BU have a ranked WL? Do you think they would tell us our position on it if it were ranked
Why do all schools do this lmaoNo- they don't tell us and they say it's not ranked but for sure there's a system they use it's just a secret.
D
deleted1093251
Not until June they saidso we dont know if there has been any waitlist movement yet this year?
did they relay this to you over the phone? or was this in the WL email?Not until June they said
It looks like there has been an increase in the number of people in the FB group. Do you think this is due to WL movement?
D
deleted1054719
There have been recent joiners to the FB and GroupMe/Discord after a good amount of people dropped on April 30 so I imagine it's likely due to WL movementIt looks like there has been an increase in the number of people in the FB group. Do you think this is due to WL movement?
Last edited by a moderator:
D
deleted1093251
In the emaildid they relay this to you over the phone? or was this in the WL email?
D
deleted1054719
GroupMe has admitted students and a limited handful of admissions ambassadors (current students)Is the GroupMe just admitted students that are incoming this year or is it also current students? Do we think the class is most likely full
Finally, a crumb of communication
glittering
New Member
Received an email saying the class is full, and to expect waitlist movement in June and July. Haven't they started accepting people off the waitlist already? Not sure what the increase in FB members mentioned above was about if notdid they send you something? i didn't get anything haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn it, this is like the delay email all over again
I’m right in the middle lol
Did most people get the email today
I got it yesterday... 🤷🏼♀️Did most people get the email today
What happened with the delay email? I was a January interview so I don’t think I was following the thread when that was sentDamn it, this is like the delay email all over again
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K