2020-2021 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those of you who got pre-secondary Rs, how long after the initial email did you get rejected? As an OOS URM veteran I'm not expecting much, just wondering how long the wait was.
 
For the question on hometown, is that where you grew up? I lived in New Mexico birth- HS graduation, but have lived in rural TN for about a year and a half (applying as IS). I assume I should put the town I'm originally from, not where I live now?
 
For the question on hometown, is that where you grew up? I lived in New Mexico birth- HS graduation, but have lived in rural TN for about a year and a half (applying as IS). I assume I should put the town I'm originally from, not where I live now?
I’m also from New Mexico 🙂
 
So I just finished taking my Casper today and they prompted me to participate in the CASPer Snapshot at the end. Does anyone know anything about this? It’s new from last cycle and I’m not entirely sure if it’s something that Quillen would really want since they’re participating in VITA.
 
Last edited:
So I just finished taking my Casper today and they prompted me to participate in the CASPer Snapshot at the end. Does anyone know anything about this? It’s new from last cycle and I’m not entirely sure if it’s something that Quillen would really want since they’re participating in VITA.

Reddit had a good post about it. Most schools don't know much about it and until Quillen says otherwise I wouldn't take it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone else received an II recently? Also for those who have, do you all have any new information on how they’re doing interviews this cycle? Curious if they’ve said anything about Vita yet.
 
Has anyone else received an II recently? Also for those who have, do you all have any new information on how they’re doing interviews this cycle?

@Vols2020 Prior to the interview they'll send you info about the school, as well as a presentation on financial aid. Two (virtual) interviews, 30 minutes each. Not much else to it, very laid-back!

Curious if they’ve said anything about Vita yet.

Edit 9/24: Got my VITA invite this morning, interviewed recently (I guess they could be doing VITA pre-II too but they hadn't scheduled any yet at the time I had my interview)
 
Last edited:
@Vols2020 Prior to the interview they'll send you info about the school, as well as a presentation on financial aid. Two (virtual) interviews, 30 minutes each. Not much else to it, very laid-back!



They told me that they hadn't scheduled VITA yet for anyone, but they will be utilizing it this cycle (mine will be post-interview, but I guess they could also send it pre-II too idk)

Awesome, glad they’re doing 2 individual interviews still. This was my favorite interview from last cycle, everyone was so nice. It seems weird they are going to do Vita after interviews though, kinda feel it may be redundant. It’s going to be really interesting this cycle compared to last.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who have already interviewed, did you receive a confirmation email after sending your interview confirmation to the email address they gave?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else still waiting on a secondary? I'm IS and verified over a week ago
I am waiting as well! Submitted and verified primary in June and got that "application received" email on 31JUL. Though I'm OOS, I'm AD military and was interviewed and WL last cycle (the first zoom interview gang whose in-person interviews were canceled due to COVID). This is the only secondary that I haven't completed so far in this cycle. Based on what I have seen so far, I think they are going through the IS first
 
Does anyone know if Quillen accepts LOIs? If so, who should they be sent to?

Interviewed yesterday and fell even more in love with it. It’s my top choice and even though both interviews went great I want to take this next step if I can!