2020-2021 East Tennessee (Quillen)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those who received secondaries, would you mind sharing when you submitted your primary?
I submitted mine 06/20/2020 and it was complete 07/24/2020.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Those who received secondaries, would you mind sharing when you submitted your primary?

I submitted my primary June 11th and it was verified by the first day of information release to colleges which was around July 10th. I was sent a notice Quillen COM received my app around July 20th and then I received their secondary on the 24th of August.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my primary on 05/28/20 and transmitted on 07/10/2020. I received the notice it was received on 07/27/20 and the secondary on 08/24/20.

Those of you who got pre-secondary Rs, how long after the initial email did you get rejected? As an OOS URM veteran I'm not expecting much, just wondering how long the wait was.

Those of you who got pre-secondary Rs, how long after the initial email did you get rejected? As an OOS URM veteran I'm not expecting much, just wondering how long the wait was.
Nevermind, I got invited for a secondary this morning haha.

Reactions: 1 users
For the question on hometown, is that where you grew up? I lived in New Mexico birth- HS graduation, but have lived in rural TN for about a year and a half (applying as IS). I assume I should put the town I'm originally from, not where I live now?

For the question on hometown, is that where you grew up? I lived in New Mexico birth- HS graduation, but have lived in rural TN for about a year and a half (applying as IS). I assume I should put the town I'm originally from, not where I live now?
I’m also from New Mexico :)

So I just finished taking my Casper today and they prompted me to participate in the CASPer Snapshot at the end. Does anyone know anything about this? It’s new from last cycle and I’m not entirely sure if it’s something that Quillen would really want since they’re participating in VITA.

Last edited:
So I just finished taking my Casper today and they prompted me to participate in the CASPer Snapshot at the end. Does anyone know anything about this? It’s new from last cycle and I’m not entirely sure if it’s something that Quillen would really want since they’re participating in VITA.

Reddit had a good post about it. Most schools don't know much about it and until Quillen says otherwise I wouldn't take it.

Reactions: 2 users
Reddit had a good post about it. Most schools don't know much about it and until Quillen says otherwise I wouldn't take it.
That’s kinda what I thought too. Yesterday was the first I had heard of it and it kinda seemed pointless since Quillen is using Vita.

II just now!

For the stat hounds: OOS ORM (ties to state), LM 69-72 complete 8/27-8/30

Reactions: 6 users
II just now!

For the stat hounds: OOS ORM (ties to state), LM 69-72 complete 8/27-8/30

Just curious, but were you contacted by phone, email, or through the portal? I have similar stats(72), IS, ETSU student, and was complete on 8/31 so wondering what I should look out for.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, but were you contacted by phone, email, or through the portal? I have similar stats(72), IS, ETSU student, and was complete on 8/31 so wondering what I should look out for.

It was an email

Last edited:
IS still haven't received secondary, anyone else?

Just got mine Friday. Don't worry, they are very slow and methodical about filling their class. If you're IS, you have a really good chance of getting a secondary/interviewing.

+1 not pumped about being in this position, but good to know there are others in the same boat. Not out of consideration yet!

• Care
Does anyone know how often Quillen sends interview invites (weekly, biweekly, etc.)?

Just got mine Friday. Don't worry, they are very slow and methodical about filling their class. If you're IS, you have a really good chance of getting a secondary/interviewing.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Has anyone else received an II recently? Also for those who have, do you all have any new information on how they’re doing interviews this cycle? Curious if they’ve said anything about Vita yet.

Has anyone else received an II recently? Also for those who have, do you all have any new information on how they’re doing interviews this cycle?

@Vols2020 Prior to the interview they'll send you info about the school, as well as a presentation on financial aid. Two (virtual) interviews, 30 minutes each. Not much else to it, very laid-back!

Curious if they’ve said anything about Vita yet.

Edit 9/24: Got my VITA invite this morning, interviewed recently (I guess they could be doing VITA pre-II too but they hadn't scheduled any yet at the time I had my interview)

Last edited:
@Vols2020 Prior to the interview they'll send you info about the school, as well as a presentation on financial aid. Two (virtual) interviews, 30 minutes each. Not much else to it, very laid-back!

They told me that they hadn't scheduled VITA yet for anyone, but they will be utilizing it this cycle (mine will be post-interview, but I guess they could also send it pre-II too idk)

Awesome, glad they’re doing 2 individual interviews still. This was my favorite interview from last cycle, everyone was so nice. It seems weird they are going to do Vita after interviews though, kinda feel it may be redundant. It’s going to be really interesting this cycle compared to last.

Received II 9/23 IS, ORM LM ~76
Found it in my spam!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else still waiting on a secondary? I'm IS and verified over a week ago

Congratulations! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you were complete?

I was complete 8/25! 508 MCAT (3rd try) 3.5 cGPA and 3.19 sGPA with some really good ECs. Didn’t apply to many MD because of my GPA but I’m stoked about this!

Reactions: 4 users
For those who have already interviewed, did you receive a confirmation email after sending your interview confirmation to the email address they gave?

Any current students on this thread I can message while I prep for my interview on Wednesday??

Anyone else still waiting on a secondary? I'm IS and verified over a week ago
I am waiting as well! Submitted and verified primary in June and got that "application received" email on 31JUL. Though I'm OOS, I'm AD military and was interviewed and WL last cycle (the first zoom interview gang whose in-person interviews were canceled due to COVID). This is the only secondary that I haven't completed so far in this cycle. Based on what I have seen so far, I think they are going through the IS first

Just got acceptance call! IS, early decision applicant! Best of luck to everyone. Here to help out where I can.

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
II just now! Received a call from the admissions office this morning.

For all the stat goblins:
IS, 512, 3.9, meh to good ECs, reapplicant who interviewed at Quillen last cycle, complete on August 28

Reactions: 6 users
Does anyone know if Quillen accepts LOIs? If so, who should they be sent to?

Interviewed yesterday and fell even more in love with it. It’s my top choice and even though both interviews went great I want to take this next step if I can!