You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Florida International
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hikinginthemountains
New Member
Congratulations!!! Anxiously waiting to hear back today as well. Did they email you an acceptance letter after?Just got the call and A!! Interviewed 12/3
I’m working all day and won’t be at my phone so just want to see if I’ll still be able to get the good news if I’m fortunate to get an A as well!
WAIT!!!! My time zone is PST, so I was still sleeping when I got a call from the school! Does getting the call mean that I got accepted?!?!?!?!?!? I haven't received any email yet
i mean, you probably got accepted if they called you today but i don't want to be wrong
(congrats hopefully!!)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
like 99% positive that's the case. can't see another reason the school would call lol congratsWAIT!!!! My time zone is PST, so I was still sleeping when I got a call from the school! Does getting the call mean that I got accepted?!?!?!?!?!? I haven't received any email yet
grizz411
Full Member
I initially missed the call and they left a voicemail saying “we’re hoping to give you some good news if you could give us a call back”WAIT!!!! My time zone is PST, so I was still sleeping when I got a call from the school! Does getting the call mean that I got accepted?!?!?!?!?!? I haven't received any email yet
premed1387
Full Member
Interviewed 12/3, got the A through a call+email
justinbieberfan
Full Member
Got the A call a few hours ago! So excited!
futuremd25!
Full Member
Got the A midday as well! So excited!!
Last edited:
onetrybeforecarribean
New Member
Got the call and email earlier today. Interviewed 12/2
II Just now! Brb crying happy tears
lovepickles
Full Member
are there any current FIU students i could talk to?
ravenclaw_med
Full Member
Is there a class group chat or Facebook group ?
Congrats! When were you complete/stats/IS or OOS?II Just now! Brb crying happy tears
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there's an accepted students FB page, one of the admin will add you to it!!Is there a class group chat or Facebook group ?
futuremd25!
Full Member
How do you do that? Do you have to ask them to do that?there's an accepted students FB page, one of the admin will add you to it!!
No, I was just added like 4-5 days after my acceptance!How do you do that? Do you have to ask them to do that?
Is there a link to join the FB page?No, I was just added like 4-5 days after my acceptance!
Is there a link to join the FB page?
Someone from admissions will add you a few days after you’re accepted 🙂 (you’ll get an email to the email address associated with your application)
Does fiu call or email for interview invites ?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Have Rs gone out yet? OOS complete mid-Aug and haven't heard anything.
floridapremed0524
Full Member
A yesterday! Interviewed 12/8 🙂 So excited!!!
I had emailed to ask if they accept update letters and they said yes and to send it to [email protected]which email did you send it to just to make sure ??
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Just sent them an update letter. It's been silent for far too long. Complete mid-August, OOS.I had emailed to ask if they accept update letters and they said yes and to send it to [email protected]
I'm a current student, feel free to PM meare there any current FIU students i could talk to?
Application Complete: July 21 2020
II: Oct 22 2020
Interview: Dec 2 2020
A: Dec 22 2020
LM: 66.30
WARS Applicant Level: C
Non-traditional student, career changer/academic enhancer.
II: Oct 22 2020
Interview: Dec 2 2020
A: Dec 22 2020
LM: 66.30
WARS Applicant Level: C
Non-traditional student, career changer/academic enhancer.
Hikinginthemountains
New Member
Accepted folks - have all of you received an invite to the Facebook group someone had mentioned a few posts ago?
Yes - I received it via email!Accepted folks - have all of you received an invite to the Facebook group someone had mentioned a few posts ago?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted880375
Had a very pleasant interview experience today, FIU seems to really care about their students!
I was accepted 2-3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten an invite yet.Accepted folks - have all of you received an invite to the Facebook group someone had mentioned a few posts ago?
futuremd25!
Full Member
SameI was accepted 2-3 weeks ago and still haven't gotten an invite yet.
ravenclaw_med
Full Member
I have not received the invite yet and I heard back Dec 22ndAccepted folks - have all of you received an invite to the Facebook group someone had mentioned a few posts ago?
Are they still sending out II's ?
Nvrgiveup01
Full Member
Wondering the same. Been complete for so long (mid-Aug) with no update.Are they still sending out II's ?
lovepickles
Full Member
got accepted to both FIU and FAU and was wondering if anyone knows which one is better? thank you!
If anyone in this thread says FAU I'll be surprised, lol.got accepted to both FIU and FAU and was wondering if anyone knows which one is better? thank you!
lovepickles
Full Member
haha why is that?If anyone in this thread says FAU I'll be surprised, lol.
Just because it's the FIU thread. I think people might be a bit biased (accepted students especially). Then again, people on the waitlist might want to steer you towards FAU, lol. Just not the best place to ask.haha why is that?
lovepickles
Full Member
thank you for the heads up 🙂 good luck to you in your medical journey!Just because it's the FIU thread. I think people might be a bit biased (accepted students especially). Then again, people on the waitlist might want to steer you towards FAU, lol. Just not the best place to ask.
It totally depends on your preferences! FAU is a smaller class (I believe 64 students, where FIU is 120ish). FAU is also located in Boca Raton vs Miami. I would say in levels of "prestige" or whatever they are similar. FIU traditionally has a better step average but that doesn't really matter for your cohort, since it will be pass/fail for you. I would recommend looking at the match lists for each school for specialties you are interested in.got accepted to both FIU and FAU and was wondering if anyone knows which one is better? thank you!
The curriculums are also quite different - FIU has several foundational type classes in the first year and goes into systems in the second year. FAU has one foundational class in the first semester of first year and then pretty much just enters systems.
I don't think you will go wrong with one or the other.
does FIU accept updates?
Yes! you can email updates to [email protected]does FIU accept updates?
lovepickles
Full Member
thank you 🙂It totally depends on your preferences! FAU is a smaller class (I believe 64 students, where FIU is 120ish). FAU is also located in Boca Raton vs Miami. I would say in levels of "prestige" or whatever they are similar. FIU traditionally has a better step average but that doesn't really matter for your cohort, since it will be pass/fail for you. I would recommend looking at the match lists for each school for specialties you are interested in.
The curriculums are also quite different - FIU has several foundational type classes in the first year and goes into systems in the second year. FAU has one foundational class in the first semester of first year and then pretty much just enters systems.
I don't think you will go wrong with one or the other.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know if they're still giving interview invites?
ravenclaw_med
Full Member
For those of you that heard back on December 22nd, did you receive the acceptance letter through mail as well?
Nope, just email do farFor those of you that heard back on December 22nd, did you receive the acceptance letter through mail as well?
DearFutureDoctor
Full Member
How long does it take to hear back after the interview?
Only a week for my group.How long does it take to hear back after the interview?
It might be a monthly thing though and it depends which week you interview (i.e. 1-3 weeks wait). They tell you at the end of the interview exactly what date they'll call/email.