You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Florida International
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
i just got my II and was only able to schedule for a single week in decemberBut don't they send out all the interview invites now, just schedule them for February?
they should send out all decisions today I believe.will they send out waitlist and rejection today too?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lovepickles
Full Member
me too 🙁 im sadHaven't gotten a call yet 🙁 and I thought my interview went really well...
Haven't gotten a call yet 🙁 and I thought my interview went really well...
Me either but stay positive!! The previous day that they released decisions, a friend of mine wasn't called until 5 PM!! There is still hopeme too 🙁 im sad
lovepickles
Full Member
thank you! <3 staying hopeful!Me either but stay positive!! The previous day that they released decisions, a friend of mine wasn't called until 5 PM!! There is still hope
lovepickles
Full Member
omg CONGRATS!! did they just call?ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!
YES JUST NOW!!! at 1:42 PM!! I think I am about to pass away LOLomg CONGRATS!! did they just call?
lovepickles
Full Member
JUST GOT ACCEPTED OMG!!!!! :')
Is this school not receptive to updates? This is what the supplemental completion email says: "Please note that once your Supplemental Application has been submitted, you will no longer be able to add and/or edit your application. In addition, the Office of Admissions and Recruitment cannot add and/or edit application information or components on your behalf."
Hi all, just got an II! Excited to be on this journey with you all.
Good luck!
Good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations on the II! Can you share what date you were complete?Hi all, just got an II! Excited to be on this journey with you all.
Good luck!
Sure, got the complete email on Aug. 12, (8/12)Congratulations on the II! Can you share what date you were complete?
It was a nail biting wait, lol.
floridapremed0524
Full Member
Just got the II, Complete 8/31, LM 71!
Interview was extremely pleasant. They send out a "dashboard" as part of the confirmation email that you receive once you schedule your interview date that contains anything and everything you need to know about the school (mostly very informative videos). I appreciated that because I personally find it exhausting to sit on Zoom ALL day long with back to back presentations, so it was great that we got to review all of the important info on our own time. On the day of the interview, we had a welcome session and then two 30 or 45 min (can't exactly remember) interviews that I found to be very conversational and pleasant. Lastly, a short and sweet closing session where they were very transparent about the next steps and when exactly we would hear back (and they stuck by their word in regards to the exact date that we would hear back)! Overall, a great experience imo!Congrats on everyone who got A! Can you share your experiences on interview day? Please feel free to DM me as well!
IS or OOS?Just got the II, Complete 8/31, LM 71!
floridaheatkills
Full Member
Complete 8/20 and on the edge of my chair... Congrats to you all who have gotten II's today!
I received my II last week and have my interview scheduled for next week. I never received this "dashboard". Is this what they send "two business days prior to your scheduled session"??Interview was extremely pleasant. They send out a "dashboard" as part of the confirmation email that you receive once you schedule your interview date that contains anything and everything you need to know about the school (mostly very informative videos). I appreciated that because I personally find it exhausting to sit on Zoom ALL day long with back to back presentations, so it was great that we got to review all of the important info on our own time. On the day of the interview, we had a welcome session and then two 30 or 45 min (can't exactly remember) interviews that I found to be very conversational and pleasant. Lastly, a short and sweet closing session where they were very transparent about the next steps and when exactly we would hear back (and they stuck by their word in regards to the exact date that we would hear back)! Overall, a great experience imo!
I received my II last week and have my interview scheduled for next week. I never received this "dashboard". Is this what they send "two business days prior to your scheduled session"??
You’re right sorry!! I actually received the email with the dashboard 5 days before my interview 🙂
Yes, to my knowledge they only schedule about a month in advance.And they only schedule out interviews a few weeks in advance?
No, they schedule a few weeks ahead of time. I received my invite in December or January, I don't recallBut don't they send out all the interview invites now, just schedule them for February?
No, don't assume that just because you haven't heard back now that you won't hear back at all. It is fully possible that they may read an application and set it aside. I believe that's what happened with mine - I was complete in August 2018 but heard nothing until I got my interview invite in December or January, with my interview in February 2019.Do you know if they review applications chronologically, as in if someone applied at the end of August and did not hear back, they should assume their application didn’t make the cut to be read at this point?
I hope so, this program seems awesome!No, don't assume that just because you haven't heard back now that you won't hear back at all. It is fully possible that they may read an application and set it aside. I believe that's what happened with mine - I was complete in August 2018 but heard nothing until I got my interview invite in December or January, with my interview in February 2019.
floridapremed0524
Full Member
I can't wait til you get your II 🙂Complete 8/20 and on the edge of my chair... Congrats to you all who have gotten II's today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
floridapremed0524
Full Member
In state!IS or OOS?
Also complete 8/28 and complete radio silence. Do they allow updates to the MD admissions email?Complete 8/20 and on the edge of my chair... Congrats to you all who have gotten II's today!
Congrats everyone who got accepted!
floridaheatkills
Full Member
They do! Sent mine in two weeks ago. Complete around the same time as you.Also complete 8/28 and complete radio silence. Do they allow updates to the MD admissions email?
Congrats everyone who got accepted!
Complete July and got II last weekpeople who got II so far, when were you complete ? trying to get a gauge on where they may be at in their cycle and when (if at all) ill get an II lol
For those who interviewed. Is this an open file interview? (do the interviewers have access to our MCAT and GPA?)
futuremd25!
Full Member
Semi-blindFor those who interviewed. Is this an open file interview? (do the interviewers have access to our MCAT and GPA?)
their secondary portal says they answer app status inquiries on friday due to the high volume - has anyone sent an email asking for an update on their app and what info have they received back from the office? should i ask?
Gandhis Return
Full Member
Also curioustheir secondary portal says they answer app status inquiries on friday due to the high volume - has anyone sent an email asking for an update on their app and what info have they received back from the office? should i ask?
I just sent an update/continued interest letter today. Send me your best vibes.Also curious
Did you just send the letter to the admissions email?I just sent an update/continued interest letter today. Send me your best vibes.
YepDid you just send the letter to the admissions email?
Wondering, has anyone here been waitlisted from this school yet?
So, would it be safe to assume that no one has been placed on the waitlist yet in the cycle so far?
drchanandlerbong
Full Member
So, would it be safe to assume that no one has been placed on the waitlist yet in the cycle so far
I know people waitlistedSo, would it be safe to assume that no one has been placed on the waitlist yet in the cycle so far?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is the waitlist for people who would have been accepted but they ran out of seats because it's late in the cycle or... what?I know people waitlisted
The only other school I interviewed with so far said that's how their waitlist works.
medelsh
Full Member
I interviewed in September and was WL in October so noIs the waitlist for people who would have been accepted but they ran out of seats because it's late in the cycle or... what?
The only other school I interviewed with so far said that's how their waitlist works.
Can confirm the interview experience was one of the best I've experienced thus far. Perfect balance between making it feel like an in person interview day but also not making you sit in front of your computer for 8 hours! Very excited to hear back in 2 weeks.Interview was extremely pleasant. They send out a "dashboard" as part of the confirmation email that you receive once you schedule your interview date that contains anything and everything you need to know about the school (mostly very informative videos). I appreciated that because I personally find it exhausting to sit on Zoom ALL day long with back to back presentations, so it was great that we got to review all of the important info on our own time. On the day of the interview, we had a welcome session and then two 30 or 45 min (can't exactly remember) interviews that I found to be very conversational and pleasant. Lastly, a short and sweet closing session where they were very transparent about the next steps and when exactly we would hear back (and they stuck by their word in regards to the exact date that we would hear back)! Overall, a great experience imo!
floridapremed0524
Full Member
I can confirm this confirmation LOL! Literally the best interview I have had🙂 The interviewers were sooo kind and the virtual interview day progressed really smoothly!Can confirm the interview experience was one of the best I've experienced thus far. Perfect balance between making it feel like an in person interview day but also not making you sit in front of your computer for 8 hours! Very excited to hear back in 2 weeks.