2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you previously on CC? When did you interview?
No, I was never on CC, that's what's confusing to me! I interviewed earlier this month and wasn't expecting anything for 4-6 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.

For accepted students: Do you know when we submit our declaration of intent on aamcas? Is there a tab on the webpage, or will that be uploaded later on in the cycle?
On the "interview day" tab of the application portal they have a document on there for the "choose your medical school tool 2021" that explains everything

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I interviewed here on 1/14 and have not received a call/email or any changes on my portal w/r to decisions. It has almost been 6 weeks. Should I email the admissions office? I would really love to go here.

Hello! I interviewed here on 1/14 and have not received a call/email or any changes on my portal w/r to decisions. It has almost been 6 weeks. Should I email the admissions office? I would really love to go here.
I would try sending a letter if you have not already.

Wait, if your status on your portal is "Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program." Does that mean they made a decision? It hasn't been 4 weeks yet for me, though

Wait, if your status on your portal is "Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program." Does that mean they made a decision? It hasn't been 4 weeks yet for me, though
I had the same status before I received the call. I think it may just be a standard status after your interview. I am not 100% sure though.

Reactions: 1 user
No, I've had this message since the day following my interview I believe

My portal was just updated to this status today, but my portal used to be blank . . . does that mean anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have like 6 missed calls from Loyola today. Hopefully they will try again tomorrow! I interviewed on 12/8

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
As for as portal messages go: after you interview you get a status that says thanks for scheduling your interview : when your interviewers submit their feedback (which can take some time) you get the status that your interview is complete.

Beyond that no need to speculate on what the statuses mean. If you get accepted you'll get a call, if youre put on CC it will tell you that in the portal. its that simple.

Reactions: 1 users
No I was never on CC. They didn't get to me until now bc I originally applied to a dual-degree program. I finally did catch the call:)
Congrats!
Loyola is my top choice so I’m definitely matriculating into the MD/PhD.
Based on dates we actually interviewed together 😂👀 everyone seemed wonderful that day. I hope the rest of your cycle works out the way you want it to. If you ever want to chat about the program feel free to DM.

As for as portal messages go: after you interview you get a status that says thanks for scheduling your interview : when your interviewers submit their feedback (which can take some time) you get the status that your interview is complete.

Beyond that no need to speculate on what the statuses mean. If you get accepted you'll get a call, if youre put on CC it will tell you that in the portal. its that simple.
Does anyone get rejected after interviews? Or do people just get accepted / put on CC.

put on CC today, interviewed on 2/2. no email, I just checked my portal and it says on the main page

So I know if people didn’t get an interview in pervious years they get rejection around first week of March ... but how late could official rejection letters for CC go out?
Why are you so convinced you got rejected :) Keep the faith!

is it possible to email admissions and ask for our ranking in the CC list?
I don’t think loyola has a ranked CC list because you are technically under continued consideration until an official waitlist is made, I might be wrong though

Interviewed 2/4 and also got put on CC just now. High-stat IS applicant so this really hurts

• Sad
  • Care
Any other first week of Feb interviewers still have the "Your interview has been completed..." message?

For anyone who sent letters of intent— did you send it to the admissions email, upload it to the portal, or both?

For financial aid, are there additional forms besides FAFSA that we have to complete by tomorrow?

For financial aid, are there additional forms besides FAFSA that we have to complete by tomorrow?
I think it's just FAFSA unless they reach out and request more tax documents. The financial aid checklist says that we can check our to-do list at LUC.edu/locus if they want more info, but I don't have access to that yet, so I'm hoping they would email if more documentation is needed. @Talldoctor96 any insight?

I think it's just FAFSA unless they reach out and request more tax documents. The financial aid checklist says that we can check our to-do list at LUC.edu/locus if they want more info, but I don't have access to that yet, so I'm hoping they would email if more documentation is needed. @Talldoctor96 any insight?
That’s correct- I emailed the financial aid office a few days ago to confirm and they said “The FAFSA application is the only thing we currently ask form you.”

Withdrew my A here, and am hoping one of you ends up with it. This is a fantastic school, and it's tough to let it go.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
I know this has been asked about a million times, but just to confirm, it looks like this was the last week of interviews right? So I can assume I've been rejected and unwatch this thread? 😅

I know this has been asked about a million times, but just to confirm, it looks like this was the last week of interviews right? So I can assume I've been rejected and unwatch this thread? 😅
Yeah, I emailed admissions to double-check and they said they're done with interviews. This was my top choice so I'm def bummed but what can you do :(

• Care
Yeah, I emailed admissions to double-check and they said they're done with interviews. This was my top choice so I'm def bummed but what can you do :(
Thank you for confirming! Welp, I wish everyone still waiting on CC/Waitlist the best of luck :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
As the Pre-II R wave comes sometime soon just remember that medical school will be magical wherever you end up. I did not get in my first cycle, was actually rejected pre-II from loyola. Life works in mysterious ways. In my second cycle I ended up interviewing at places far better than my first cycle. Don't give up hope and be happy knowing you're probably going to end up somewhere WARMER.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
As the Pre-II R wave comes sometime soon just remember that medical school will be magical wherever you end up. I did not get in my first cycle, was actually rejected pre-II from loyola. Life works in mysterious ways. In my second cycle I ended up interviewing at places far better than my first cycle. Don't give up hope and be happy knowing you're probably going to end up somewhere WARMER.
Haha all 3 of my interviews were Illinois schools so idk about the warmer part, but thank you for the encouragement! Really appreciate it