2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: LSU Shreveport

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, guys! I'm applying early decision here. Best of luck to us all!

Reactions: 1 users
I just submitted my application for early decison.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about a secondary? I've tried calling the admissions office a couple of times with no answer. Submitted June 25th for early decision.

Reactions: 1 user
I submitted and got verified on the first day for ED & I still haven’t received one either! I’m hoping it comes tomorrow. I’ll call Monday.

Is anyone familiar with the Shreveport area that could tell me about it? Interested in applying but I have never been to Shreveport before and I’m curious to know what it’s like!

Secondary:

If you are not a Louisiana resident, please describe your connection, if any, to Louisiana. (400)

Describe briefly something you have learned abot yourself or some positive change you have made as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. (750)

@PapaGuava

Secondary:

If you are not a Louisiana resident, please describe your connection, if any, to Louisiana. (400)

Describe briefly something you have learned abot yourself or some positive change you have made as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. (750)

@PapaGuava

Did you apply ED? Also, silly question, but those are word counts correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know how OOS friendly this school is? Thinking about adding it to my list but I have no ties to Louisiana

Anyone know how OOS friendly this school is? Thinking about adding it to my list but I have no ties to Louisiana
I've heard it's not very OOS friendly at all. I'd say over 90% of students are in state and they place priority on in state students.

Does anyone know if it'd look bad if I leave the connections question blank?

Does anyone know if it'd look bad if I leave the connections question blank?
I'm assuming that since they have a strong in-state bias they prefer applicants who have meaningful ties to the state? But personally I wouldn't try to force it or come up with some connection if you really don't have one, so I would probably leave it blank

Anyone hear back after their secondary? (Other than the email that your application is under review)

Current MSI (been in shreveport for about 1 week lol), but during our orientation, we were told our class of ~150 students had about 8 OOS kids for reference

That said, if anyone has any questions or wants to ask me something, I’d be happy to answer!

Can’t answer too much about classes and such since I’ve only been here for a week lol

That said, if anyone has any questions or wants to ask me something, I’d be happy to answer!

Can’t answer too much about classes and such since I’ve only been here for a week lol
what were the stats for those OOS? Do you know?

Has anyone heard anything about how they're holding interviews? Are they using the AAMC VITA or still having in person interviews?

Has anyone heard anything about how they're holding interviews? Are they using the AAMC VITA or still having in person interviews?
The list of schools participating in VITA has been finalized and Shreveport isn't on the list. I'm hoping they're just having virtual interviews

Do they send secondaries to everyone? I got one the day my application was processed. I’m a lower stats applicant - MCAT is above their average but undergrad GPAs are way below (graduate GPAs are good though). I’m mostly applying DO but threw in the two LSU campuses because I’m a lifelong Louisiana resident. Wondering if this secondary fee is just going to be a donation.

Do they send secondaries to everyone? I got one the day my application was processed. I’m a lower stats applicant - MCAT is above their average but undergrad GPAs are way below (graduate GPAs are good though). I’m mostly applying DO but threw in the two LSU campuses because I’m a lifelong Louisiana resident. Wondering if this secondary fee is just going to be a donation.
I believe the secondary is sent based on a screening tool for MCAT and GPA (I could be wrong on this). But I do know LSU-NOLA has a 32 hour rule where if you attended graduate school they consider your GPA from your most recent 32 hours of coursework (as opposed to undergrad GPA).

Received secondary from LSU Shreveport last week but no word from NOLA yet !
OOS

Got the R pre-secondary from LSU NOLA but submitted the secondary for Shreveport 8/3. Anyone reached out to the school about possible II going out soon? I'm OOS and just curious if I actually have a chance lol

Dr. Kennedy just retired from Assisstant Dean of Admissions and Dr. Wanda Thomas is taking his place so I feel like that may cause a delay in II going out.

Last edited:
Dr. Kennedy just retired from Assisstant Dean of Admissions and Dr. Wanda Thomas is taking his place so that I feel like that may cause a delay in II going out.
If you don't mind me asking, how did you find this out because I cannot find anything about it. Is this something we should worry about? I ask because I know he was very in favor of a legit holistic approach to admissions and I have never met Dr. Thomas. It may just be me worrying too much though lol :nailbiting:

If you don't mind me asking, how did you find this out because I cannot find anything about it. Is this something we should worry about? I ask because I know he was very in favor of a legit holistic approach to admissions and I have never met Dr. Thomas. It may just be me worrying too much though lol :nailbiting:
My roommate is a first year and they all received an email from Dr. Ghali over the weekend announcing it. Honestly I'm a little worried about it too but my roommate knew Dr. Thomas through the AHEC and Rural Scholars program and said she was very nice and will likely make the process more fair if that helps any lol

Do you guys think ED interviews will still be sent out starting tomorrow? Also, do you think the new Dean of Admissions will still value a more holistic approach?

Do you guys think ED interviews will still be sent out starting tomorrow? Also, do you think the new Dean of Admissions will still value a more holistic approach?
MSAR says interview invitations will be sent beginning August 31, 2020.

I know. That’s today. That’s why I was asking if you guys still think they will be sent out. I’m not sure what time they’re usually sent out, but they haven’t yet. :(

I know. That’s today. That’s why I was asking if you guys still think they will be sent out. I’m not sure what time they’re usually sent out, but they haven’t yet. :(
A lot of my friends got their interview emails later in the afternoon last year (4-5PM), but who knows.

Anyone else receive the “active review” email? About how much longer until invites go out?