2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now for EDP!
Dates are: 09/15, 09/16, 09/17, and 09/22.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The last EDP interview date is the 22nd! They’ll probably start after that.

Reactions: 2 users
MS1 here

My reg decision interview invite came on 10/03 with the first available interview date as 10/15

They usually focus on reg decision once they finish ED

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
The last EDP interview date is the 22nd! They’ll probably start after that.
^Yes. Committee meets this upcoming Thursday (the 24th) so I would expect something after that as they will make ED decisions at that meeting!

OOS applicant that received the secondary.

I live near Texarkana and was wondering if I should leave the connection to Louisiana question blank or state that I am from a neighboring state and that is why I applied to the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS applicant that received the secondary.

I live near Texarkana and was wondering if I should leave the connection to Louisiana question blank or state that I am from a neighboring state and that is why I applied to the school.
From their website, "Approximately 10% of the accepted applicants were from out-of-state." I think it would be wise to explain any and all connections.

Accepted this morning ED via letter.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Accepted EDP!

500 / 3.7 / Instate / Lots of shadowing,
volunteer, and research + posters

Interviewed with the new Dean, she’s amazing! I’m excited to be going to this school.

PM me if you have any questions!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats! do you mind sharing stats?
500, 3.9. In state with strong ties to the area, 4 years active community service, strong leadership positions, some scribing experience, no research though!

I know several current students and my roommate is an MS1 here if you have any other questions!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Has any regular decision in-state applicants heard anything?

Yeah any RD in-state applicants under review yet? I got the complete email and haven’t heard anything since.

Yeah any RD in-state applicants under review yet? I got the complete email and haven’t heard anything since.
I got an email saying “your final is now under preliminary review” on 9/4. I submitted 9/1

Okay yes I got that same email, but is there an active review email as well?
I submitted back on 7/27 and got the "preliminary review" email on 7/28 and nothing since then so I'm guessing there's no other email unless they're reviewing very slowly?

I submitted my secondary on 9/26 and received the ‘Preliminary review’ on 9/29.

Has any regular decision in-state applicants heard anything?
Last year the committee met every other Thursday so if they are following the same trend this year, they will meet this Thursday (October 8th) and I would assume some interview invites would go out after that.

This is a good school. Good luck to yall applying this year.

10/20! Would have been sooner if not for this storm /: hope everyone stays safe!
Congrats on the II! Sorry for all the questions, but do you mind sharing if you were offered a range of dates to choose from or if you were just assigned 10/20? Also sending good thoughts to LA<3

Congrats on the II! Sorry for all the questions, but do you mind sharing if you were offered a range of dates to choose from or if you were just assigned 10/20? Also sending good thoughts to LA<3
It was assigned! No word about vita as well (not even sure if every school is doing it?)

It was assigned! No word about vita as well (not even sure if every school is doing it?)
Thanks! LSU Shreveport wasn't on the final list of schools participating in VITA so I don't think they are having any interviewees do VITA!

II this morning too. I just submitted my secondary last week, but I was a second time applicant. They called me directly to set up my interview which is next week.

Stats: IS 3.9 504

Any OOS students get any interview love from here yet??

Got my "file complete" e mail on August 4 and submitted my new mcat score on September 1 and still have not heard back yet (RD-IS). Anyone else similar and heard back? 507, 3.85

Got my "file complete" e mail on August 4 and submitted my new mcat score on September 1 and still have not heard back yet (RD-IS). Anyone else similar and heard back? 507, 3.85

Same, waiting :whistle:

II this morning! IS and ORM; complete 9/17.

Can someone tell me how you accessed the secondary? The invite to fill it out that they sent me says it's available through my AMCAS Applicant Portal, but I can't find that anywhere, nor via google. Every other school has sent me a direct link to their secondary. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but don't know what it is!

Can someone tell me how you accessed the secondary? The invite to fill it out that they sent me says it's available through my AMCAS Applicant Portal, but I can't find that anywhere, nor via google. Every other school has sent me a direct link to their secondary. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but don't know what it is!
Hi! You should have gotten two emails. The first is to tell you about the secondary, and the second has the link to it. Mine didn’t come at the same time (one was in spam too), but if you haven’t gotten it, it wouldn’t hurt to email them. Best of luck!!

Just got the call for an interview today! Scheduled for the 10/27. Complete 9/13 in state

Reactions: 3 users