2020-2021 LSU Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea 503 here (cars sucks). In the previous years, the mcat average has been lower. Seeing the numbers go up is very depressing. NOLA's numbers have went up a little too.
Looking on MSAR for Shreveport they have a 501 at the 10th percentile, and 503 for 25th. Giving me a little hope, but I know chances are unfortunately, low.
Same stat except my cars was the only good subject but it makes sense since they I’m a nontrad who took the Mcat without some PRE-req.

Members don't see this ad.

Same stat except my cars was the only good subject but it makes sense since they I’m a nontrad who took the Mcat without some PRE-req.
Any cars tips? Traditional here, and everything else is/was good except cars.

Any cars tips? Traditional here, and everything else is/was good except cars.
I recommend doing daily passages from Jack Westin (Jack Westin) and reading a variety of longform articles online (Longreads : The best longform stories on the web). The daily passages will help with the structure of the exam and the long form articles will help with reading comprehension - make sure to read through topics that DO NOT interest you.

If you haven't done the AAMC practice material (question banks, full-length practice tests), do try and knock them out. CARS is hard, but with practice you can improve your score.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I recommend doing daily passages from Jack Westin (Jack Westin) and reading a variety of longform articles online (Longreads : The best longform stories on the web). The daily passages will help with the structure of the exam and the long form articles will help with reading comprehension - make sure to read through topics that DO NOT interest you.

If you haven't done the AAMC practice material (question banks, full-length practice tests), do try and knock them out. CARS is hard, but with practice you can improve your score.
Done that. Anything else?

Wow, 9 more people added to the Facebook today! I'm convinced I have the last spot on the waitlist lol

Reactions: 2 users
Wow, 9 more people added to the Facebook today! I'm convinced I have the last spot on the waitlist lol

I feel the same way.

I know that I'm stating the obvious, but every time they pull from the waitlist it gets shorter. There's something like five or six of us still posting in this thread; I'd be willing to bet that one of us comes off the WL by August.

That is, unless they went absolutely bonkers with WL offers this cycle...

Reactions: 1 users
She did tell me on Tuesday that there will still be some movement in June, but not a lot. For CARS Jack Westin was helpful but definitely just repetition of passages. TBH I did not have the best studying leading up to the MCAT so I'm not sure, but I'll definitely let you know how to study for it better when I begin my MCAT prep again @mrsonicmadness .

Also does LSU Shreveport do post-interview rejections or was everyone WL?

it's prob rare. wouldn't be surprised if there are like 100+ people on the WL still
If that's the case, then I'm losing my mind laughing at the fact someone said Dr. Thomas at their interview "highlighted that she does not believe creating a waitlist that is so long that people have no chance of getting off of it."

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like at least 30 people have moved off the waitlist so I'm sure its at least 100. Definitely remember that comment , but I could see Dr. Thomas saying that to keep students from being discouraged.

Members don't see this ad :)
if I submit a new AMCAS application, will that affect my WL or current application? or do I have to wait until this cycle is officially over? p.s. this process SUCKS for people on the waitlist.

Does anyone know what number the university calls from? I had a missed call from "private" earlier this week, and while I'm 99.9% sure it was spam, I'm 0.1% worried that it was Shreveport. There was no callback, and my phone plan doesn't include voicemail.

Does anyone know what number the university calls from? I had a missed call from "private" earlier this week, and while I'm 99.9% sure it was spam, I'm 0.1% worried that it was Shreveport. There was no callback, and my phone plan doesn't include voicemail.
They would probably call from their office number (the one on their website). If they can't contact you via phone, then they would probably do email next. So it probably wasnt them.

The worst part I think is that they add M1s into the chat- bad for us since we can't ever tell if the class is full or at a deadstop

• Hmm
I just got the call! I’m so happy y’all😭😭😭 to everyone waiting don’t give up hope!! I hope to see all of yalls faces in august!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I just got the call! I’m so happy y’all😭😭😭 to everyone waiting don’t give up hope!! I hope to see all of yalls faces in august!!
Yooo let's go! Congrats friend, so happy for you 😀

formula 1 pool GIF

best reply I’ve ever gotten on sdn by far haha😂 & thank you so much!!
Would you mind sharing whether or not the call came from a "private" number? No need to post contact info - I just want to know if the calls I've been ignoring are/aren't spam...

it did not come from a private number.
Congrats - minor question when you get a chance- do you know if everyone in the Groupme are incoming students or are M1s in there? Can you give a rough estimage how many M1s are in the FB group? Thanks and again congrats man/woman! You deserve it!

Congrats - minor question when you get a chance- do you know if everyone in the Groupme are incoming students or are M1s in there? Can you give a rough estimage how many M1s are in the FB group? Thanks and again congrats man/woman! You deserve it!
yes when I get into the groups I will def let you guys know!

• Care
Damn, Hell Yea, congrats!!! Your name says it all, talk about manifesting some good juju. What a weight lifted off your shoulders! Enjoy your summer and drink a couple brews for me.

from what I can tell, I think like 4 or 5. Also noticed ppl that I know aren’t going to the school that are still in the group.

Just throwing this out there for those of you anxiously checking daily— I’ve met 2-3 other MS1s who got in around this time (one literally got in about a year ago today).

Regardless of what happens, keep living your life and enjoy your summer! Also, feel free to message me with any questions about school/shreveport/etc, I love getting to share any experience or advice 😊

Reactions: 3 users
Yall I'm tired of the stress of waiting :(
CTE is July 8th, right? The cycle is basically over for us.

One of the terms that I learned for the MCAT was "eustress" - good stress. I know it's difficult (I've only just started writing secondary essays), but try to channel your stress into the new cycle. Be angry if you must, and show these schools that they made a mistake passing you up for the 2020-2021 cycle.

"If I look back I am lost". Keep pushing forwards.

• Hmm
I would think some word tomorrow/beginning of next week for a lucky handful and that's it.

Even Dom couldn't get me into medical school

• Wow
Do yall think Shreveport would still like Mississippi College's Biology Medical Sciences Master's program with the new dean? I know they liked it a lot with Kennedy, but unsure of their opinion of it now. Was accepted to it and using it as a backup plan if I don't get that lucky call.

Do yall think Shreveport would still like Mississippi College's Biology Medical Sciences Master's program with the new dean? I know they liked it a lot with Kennedy, but unsure of their opinion of it now. Was accepted to it and using it as a backup plan if I don't get that lucky call.
no idea overall I never thought that was a good idea because it didnt have a solid in writing linkage- maybe someone will know