2020-2021 Meharry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDataKing

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Meharry Medical College

Members don't see this ad.

Anybody else applying to meharry this cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody else applying to meharry this cycle?

Me! My experiences and interests are very closely aligned with their legacy and mission for primary care and public health with an emphasis on underserved populations.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Me! My experiences and interests are very closely aligned with their legacy and mission for primary care and public health with an emphasis on underserved populations.
Same here - out of all the schools I'm applying to I feel like they sold themselves the best on their mission of seeking to mix social change, health equity, and public health to serve underserved and especially Black communities through medicine. Their website really spoke to me. They also own the Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. Very excited to apply here. I know of student who attends and she said that they are seriously like a family.

Reactions: 4 users
Same here - out of all the schools I'm applying to I feel like they sold themselves the best on their mission of seeking to mix social change, health equity, and public health to serve underserved and especially Black communities through medicine. Their website really spoke to me. They also own the Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. Very excited to apply here. I know of student who attends and she said that they are seriously like a family.
YES! I second all of what you just mentioned. I am very excited and energized by the strong sense of community at Meharry, all of whom deeply care about addressing barriers to care and healthcare disparities. This environment is someplace I see myself thriving and truly fitting in. Wishing you lots of love from MMC this cycle! :xf:

Have you guys taken your exams as yet?

Applying too. I have always considered applying to Meharry. I look forward to this process with you guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, tomorrow is the BIG day!!!

CHEERS EVERYBODY, LESS GET ITTT!!!

Got an email that my primary application has been received. As an URM student, I am pumped!! Goodluck everyone!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying as well, still waiting for my primary app to be verified though. I'm super excited :)

Got my email saying they got my app. Anybody know the "screening criteria." Considering the fairly low stats for their classes I'm highly shocked they screen.

OOS, URM. Anyone still waiting on a secondary?

OOS, URM. Anyone still waiting on a secondary?
Yes, I got a confirmation email that they received my primary on 7/10, and I’m waiting on a secondary. I’m OOS, URM and I applied ED

Student there.
Can confirm it is very toxic. Avoid this place if at all possible.
Any first year medical students want to chime in on their experience? I haven't heard back from them yet for a secondary but want to know more about the school! Found this comment in another thread.

Got my email saying they got my app. Anybody know the "screening criteria." Considering the fairly low stats for their classes I'm highly shocked they screen.
I also want to know why the screen and what metrics they use! I have a friend who applied there last year and she told me she called and they said their only screen is 495 MCAT. Interested to know if they have additional criteria this year for pre-screen.

Any first year medical students want to chime in on their experience? I haven't heard back from them yet for a secondary but want to know more about the school! Found this comment in another thread.
I know a student there and had a long convo with her. She said that the students and faculty/professors were very much like a family. However, she rated the administration poorly. Communication is meh. Said that they blindsided the students when it came to curriculum (?) changes.

They must be swamped with applications too, I haven't heard anything from this school since they acknowledged my primary.

Could someone kindly share the secondary prompts, por favor?

Yay congrats! And yes I did yesterday and submitted yesterday

I didn’t see them on the list of schools using the virtual interview tool...but I could be wrong

Anyone heard back with anything from this school?

I don’t think they have started sending secondaries or anything as yet in general. I’ve been stalking the med threads to see if they have been moving (I’m applying to dental school) because they aren’t moving on our side either

Reactions: 3 users
No correspondence or secondary on my end

Reactions: 2 users
No correspondence or secondary on my end
yeah the only thing I've received was a "we received your application" email when my app was verified, but maybe it's taking a while because they pre-screen?

yeah the only thing I've received was a "we received your application" email when my app was verified, but maybe it's taking a while because they pre-screen?
My friend, who applied here last year, told me he didn't receive anything from Meharry until near the end of the cycle, possibly into the winter? It sounds like they screen and take a while to send secondaries out. I think we're all in the same boat.

A couple of months ago, I read the past SDN threaads for Meharry and saw that they tend to be very late with secondaries and stuff.

When I applied last cycle, I got the complete email and the secondary email on the same day at the exact same time. That was on June 28th.... idk what’s happening with them this cycle

When I applied last cycle, I got the complete email and the secondary email on the same day at the exact same time. That was on June 28th.... idk what’s happening with them this cycle
We can’t forget how much COVID is affecting medical schools, they’re probably just really overwhelmed right now.

I wonder if early decision applicants heard back from this school

I wonder if early decision applicants heard back from this school
I applied ED, and I haven’t heard anything other than the confirmation email that said they received my primary... and by the rules of applying ED, they are required to give me an answer no later than October 1st...

• Wow
I applied ED, and I haven’t heard anything other than the confirmation email that said they received my primary... and by the rules of applying ED, they are required to give me an answer no later than October 1st...
Wow! They didn't even send you a secondary app?

Wow! They didn't even send you a secondary app?
Nope. And I get it’s covid time, but soooooo many other schools are managing and have not only sent out secondaries and IIs, but acceptances as well (to regular applicants) so I’m just getting frustrated at this point

• Wow
Yeah I know how frustrating that is. Best of luck to you & wishing you all the best! ;)

Does anyone know the MAX number of LORs they accept? I want to assign 4-5 letters, but I don't know if that's allowed.
I'm a little confused-- based on MSAR, it looks like they only want 3; however, when I read Meharry's school website, it says "a minimum of three" (source).

Does anyone know the MAX number of LORs they accept? I want to assign 4-5 letters, but I don't know if that's allowed.
I'm a little confused-- based on MSAR, it looks like they only want 3; however, when I read Meharry's school website, it says "a minimum of three" (source).
I agree it's a little confusing, but MSAR says Min 3 and Max 3 so it's best to follow their request! Other schools allow extra letters so you can use your other letters at those.

One of the few schools that has yet to send me a secondary. Anyone in the same boat?