You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Meharry
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone applied early decision to this school? If so, you can post prompts/feedback/current application status etc.?
I applied ED and still haven’t received anything else just like everybody else. All I’ve gotten is an email saying they received my AMCAS application...Has anyone applied early decision to this school? If so, you can post prompts/feedback/current application status etc.?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow! Are you just gonna wait then? Do you have plans on applying to other schools? The longer they take, doesn't that push your timeline back as well?I applied ED and still haven’t received anything else just like everybody else. All I’ve gotten is an email saying they received my AMCAS application...
Well I don’t really have a choice lol I can’t apply to any other MD schools until they respond. They are required to tell me if I’ve been accepted or rejected by October 1st. I don’t think they’re going to do either by then, which is literally against what is required on their end when taking ED applicants. Schools don’t actually wait until the October 1st deadline because they know ED applicants are kinda stuck until they respond, and it’s inconsiderate to keep us in limbo. So they usually speed up the process to give ED applicants an answer whether that be a yes or no bc the longer they wait, the more that screws over ED applicants. Meharry obviously just doesn’t care, and I’m on another level of pissed with how horrible they’ve been this cycle. They don’t answer calls or emails, and I don’t think they’ll end up adhering to the deadline for ED applicants. And if that’s the case, I’m going to report them that way I’m released from my obligations and can apply to other MD schools if I’d like to, but now it’s just so late in the game so idk lmaoWow! Are you just gonna wait then? Do you have plans on applying to other schools? The longer they take, doesn't that push your timeline back as well?
D
deleted1065184
I totally understand your frustration. But on the bright side, this cycle is unusually and if you pre-write secondaries for other schools you are interested in, you will likely be able to submit and still have a chance at interviews since so many schools either just started sending IIs or haven't sent any yet. Half of the schools that I applied to haven't even sent IIs yet.Well I don’t really have a choice lol I can’t apply to any other MD schools until they respond. They are required to tell me if I’ve been accepted or rejected by October 1st. I don’t think they’re going to do either by then, which is literally against what is required on their end when taking ED applicants. Schools don’t actually wait until the October 1st deadline because they know ED applicants are kinda stuck until they respond, and it’s inconsiderate to keep us in limbo. So they usually speed up the process to give ED applicants an answer whether that be a yes or no bc the longer they wait, the more that screws over ED applicants. Meharry obviously just doesn’t care, and I’m on another level of pissed with how horrible they’ve been this cycle. They don’t answer calls or emails, and I don’t think they’ll end up adhering to the deadline for ED applicants. And if that’s the case, I’m going to report them that way I’m released from my obligations and can apply to other MD schools if I’d like to, but now it’s just so late in the game so idk lmao
Wow I totally feel your pain, and also can’t imagine the frustration. I’m honestly wishing you the best of luck this cycle!!!Well I don’t really have a choice lol I can’t apply to any other MD schools until they respond. They are required to tell me if I’ve been accepted or rejected by October 1st. I don’t think they’re going to do either by then, which is literally against what is required on their end when taking ED applicants. Schools don’t actually wait until the October 1st deadline because they know ED applicants are kinda stuck until they respond, and it’s inconsiderate to keep us in limbo. So they usually speed up the process to give ED applicants an answer whether that be a yes or no bc the longer they wait, the more that screws over ED applicants. Meharry obviously just doesn’t care, and I’m on another level of pissed with how horrible they’ve been this cycle. They don’t answer calls or emails, and I don’t think they’ll end up adhering to the deadline for ED applicants. And if that’s the case, I’m going to report them that way I’m released from my obligations and can apply to other MD schools if I’d like to, but now it’s just so late in the game so idk lmao
Secondary received at 20:45 on 8/17!
8/17 or 9/17? Do you mind sharing the questions?Secondary received at 20:45 on 8/17!
Secondary received. Same prompt as last year
Sorry, yes 9/17 not 8/178/17 or 9/17? Do you mind sharing the questions?
Secondary received at 20:45 on 8/17!
Secondary received. Same prompt as last year
When did you guys submit your primary?
also, what’s the general take on not changing your secondary answers if you’ve applied to a school before? I got interviewed and waitlisted last time I applied (a few yrs back but was complete really late so this outcome was not surprising), so part of me wants to keep it since what I wrote somewhat worked. Thoughts?
D
deleted1065184
Definitely change your answers. You don't need to do a complete 180, but it might look bad if your views and writing haven't changed at all in years.When did you guys submit your primary?
also, what’s the general take on not changing your secondary answers if you’ve applied to a school before? I got interviewed and waitlisted last time I applied (a few yrs back but was complete really late so this outcome was not surprising), so part of me wants to keep it since what I wrote somewhat worked. Thoughts?
Definitely change your answers. You don't need to do a complete 180, but it might look bad if your views and writing haven't changed at all in years.
good point. also wanted to keep it bc I'm exhausted from writing lol but I'll make some changes to be safe. thank you!
I submitted my primary on 8/13When did you guys submit your primary?
also, what’s the general take on not changing your secondary answers if you’ve applied to a school before? I got interviewed and waitlisted last time I applied (a few yrs back but was complete really late so this outcome was not surprising), so part of me wants to keep it since what I wrote somewhat worked. Thoughts?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1065184
Lol I feel ya, but think about it this way...better to put in the extra few hours of effort now and wow them with your secondary than save those few hours and risk not getting an II.good point. also wanted to keep it bc I'm exhausted from writing lol but I'll make some changes to be safe. thank you!
superintroduction
Full Member
Does Meharry screen before sending secondaries or do they send them in batches? Didn't receive one but I can others started getting them
They do screen and the first secondaries went out yesterdayDoes Meharry screen before sending secondaries or do they send them in batches? Didn't receive one but I can others started getting them
I submitted on 08/13.When did you guys submit your primary?
also, what’s the general take on not changing your secondary answers if you’ve applied to a school before? I got interviewed and waitlisted last time I applied (a few yrs back but was complete really late so this outcome was not surprising), so part of me wants to keep it since what I wrote somewhat worked. Thoughts?
I definitely would rewrite my secondary, just a little upgrade if it worked last year.
MD.Loading
Full Member
I'm still waiting. Getting a bit anxious honestly. Meharry is my top choice school because I believe my learning style and my goals as a physician align so well with their institution. Also, I spoke to a current student who didn't even get an interview invite until April! I sure hope it doesn't take that long to hear back!OOS, URM. Anyone still waiting on a secondary?
premed199813
Full Member
Could those who received a secondary be a real one and please share the character/ word count? 🙂
+1Could those who received a secondary be a real one and please share the character/ word count? 🙂
I’ve never seen a word count discussed.
No I didn’t apply early. I recently got verified and received a secondary invite hours laterFor those who received a secondary, did you apply early decision? Thank you for your response.
1. Why meharryCould those who received a secondary be a real one and please share the character/ word count? 🙂
2. Talk about significant challenge or failure that you have even able to overcome.
premed199813
Full Member
Is there a limit on how many words or characters you can write?1. Why meharry
2. Talk about significant challenge or failure that you have even able to overcome.
I did not apply early decision.For those who received a secondary, did you apply early decision? Thank you for your response.
No word countIs there a limit on how many words or characters you can write?
I just want to make sure that they don't' have a COVID-19 related question?No word count
No they didn’t.I just want to make sure that they don't' have a COVID-19 related question?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Melanated_Otaku981
Full Member
Has anyone else who has above the minimum stats for this school that hasn't received a secondary yet? I am hoping that they didn't send all their invitees out at once.
D
deleted1065184
*raises hand*Has anyone else who has above the minimum stats for this school that hasn't received a secondary yet? I am hoping that they didn't send all their invitees out at once.
I haven’t either.Has anyone else who has above the minimum stats for this school that hasn't received a secondary yet? I am hoping that they didn't send all their invitees out at once.
ak_34
Full Member
When were you verified by amcas? I submitted on 8/25 and am still waiting.I submitted my primary on 8/13
I was verified on 9/13When were you verified by amcas? I submitted on 8/25 and am still waiting.
We're in the same boat. I am about to pre write mine. They may be going by date received or last name so who knows.Has anyone else who has above the minimum stats for this school that hasn't received a secondary yet? I am hoping that they didn't send all their invitees out at once.
I have above average stats and also have not received one yet.
+1. Just going to pre-write and wait.
daboogiedowndoc
New Member
To everyone receiving a secondary: do you guys have an MCAT score? My primary was verified in july and I haven't received one yet. but mcat on 9/28.
I have an MCAT score and still have not received a secondary. verified in julyTo everyone receiving a secondary: do you guys have an MCAT score? My primary was verified in july and I haven't received one yet. but mcat on 9/28.
I have an MCAT score and still have not received a secondary. verified in july
+1 verified 5/28
Secondary received yesterday. OOS.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What state are you from? and when was your application verified? thanks 🙂Secondary received yesterday. OOS.
What state are you from? and when was your application verified? thanks 🙂
Ohio. Verified a couple of days ago.
Question to the forum: For the question "Do you consider yourself economically disadvantaged?" does that only refer to currently? Historically? Growing up? I'm an older non-trad so I have a bit of a history. Thanks everyone!
MD.Loading
Full Member
I haven't either. I'm hoping the same!Has anyone else who has above the minimum stats for this school that hasn't received a secondary yet? I am hoping that they didn't send all their invitees out at once.
Does Meharry not have a video response anymore? Just why Meharry and overcoming a challenge?
That is all I see. Under Video Interview it says that this page does not apply to me.
MD.Loading
Full Member
Yikes...mine was verified a few weeks ago....still no wordOhio. Verified a couple of days ago.
Question to the forum: For the question "Do you consider yourself economically disadvantaged?" does that only refer to currently? Historically? Growing up? I'm an older non-trad so I have a bit of a history. Thanks everyone!