2020-2021 Midwestern University (Chicago, Illinois) CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Withdrew my A, good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got taken off the waitlist :)))))! for anyone wondering: undergrad: 3.6, grad: 3.4 MCAT: 506

Best of luck to anyone else waiting! You got this!

Reactions: 2 users
So I am looking at my financial aid award and what's the "winter 2021" semester? Shouldn't it be just Fall and Spring?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got taken off the waitlist :)))))! for anyone wondering: undergrad: 3.6, grad: 3.4 MCAT: 506

Best of luck to anyone else waiting! You got this!
Congrats!! Did you get your grad degree from Midwestern?

Any current students or incoming students have experience/thoughts on any of the following apartment complexes:

CityView Highlands
Versailles on the Lakes
Elan Yorktown Apartments
ReNew Downers Grove
Bristol Club
Oakbrook Heights
International Village

I was perusing through some online reviews, and some of them weren't great, to say the least.
CItyView is where I lived my first year and it was great. I payed $1400 which is a bit much and the fire alarm went off about 5 times which is a bit frequent but I would still recommend it

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else a bit afraid of tution? Some of my friends are going to schools that have COA<tution alone of CCOM. This is my only A so I dont have much choice but to just roll with it.
The tuition is definitely a bummer. But if it is your only A I would still go with it because its a school that will get you a degree. Be smart with your finances and learn about the various programs that exists for med school grads to pay off their loans. I am in between my first and second year at CCOM and I get frustrated when I think about the COA and debt that I signed up for, but I am taking the initiative to learn about how I can pay it off and have the career and lifestyle I want.

just submitted my secondary for the new cycle :/ don't know how to feel about it. my fingers are still crossed for matriculation this fall!!

mAnifesting. everyone gets off the WL.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just got accepted off waitlist (interviewed in Feb)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got off the WL at in state MD school. withdrew from CCOM just now. Hoping it goes to one of you!

• Hmm
Also just got accepted! First acceptance this cycle :)

Withdrew my acceptance today. Hope it goes to someone waiting, and best of luck to everyone on your journeys!!

• Care
Yes absolutely, many people do although I only used it a couple times in the beginning and then realized it was not for me.
Any idea if they use premade decks like the anKing? I'm not sure how much Midwestern's curriculum mirrors the boards material.

Any idea if they use premade decks like the anKing? I'm not sure how much Midwestern's curriculum mirrors the boards material.
Yah some second year passed theirs down and I’m certain the same will happen for the incoming first year students. I know at some schools kids will study the boards study aids almost as an alternative to studying the school’s materials. I do not think that would work well with our school though.

Any chance of waitlist movement this month?

Got the A on 7/1 but will be withdrawing- there is hope because now my seat is available! best of luck to everyone on here. I looked at this forum everyday this past year & its a good group of people.

• Care
Got the A on 7/1 but will be withdrawing- there is hope because now my seat is available! best of luck to everyone on here. I looked at this forum everyday this past year & its a good group of people.
Thanks for the update and good luck wherever you go!!

Yah some second year passed theirs down and I’m certain the same will happen for the incoming first year students. I know at some schools kids will study the boards study aids almost as an alternative to studying the school’s materials. I do not think that would work well with our school though.
Thanks for the info. I'm planning to either find a second year's deck or use the big premade boards decks as a supplement to school materials. I'm sure with foundational stuff there must be some overlap.

Can we request more than one parking permit sticker? Like what if I show upto campus in my family's car incase mine breaks down?

For my CV, should I include my hobbies i.e. reading, soccer, etc?
Yes. I included hobbies. It helps you seem a non robotic person IMO? But I was more specific with things like intramural soccer, fiction novel reading….

I just came here to vent again about CCOM’s tution. Man I had a full blown panic attack this morning.

did classes start yet? i’m sad haha
They started yesterday. I'm also pretty disappointed. I've reapplied but I don't know if it's even worth it to interview again.

Last edited:
  • Care
They started yesterday. I'm also pretty disappointed. I've reapplied but I don't know if it's even worth it to interview again.
i would interview again :) i think it just shows you’re interested and really like the school. maybe we’ll be classmates next august!

• Love
Hey guys I don't know if anyone has received an interview for th e 2021-2022 cycle but I just submitted my secondary but I am waiting for my sep 8th MCAT score (retake) and I am afraid they will review my app without my new improved mcat score. I currently have a masters and a 3.9 grad gpa but a 3.1 undergrad, hence why I did the 2 year masters. Do you guys think if I submitted my secondary last night that they will wait for my second scores ? next week Wednesday (sept 8th ) ?