2020-2021 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received any updates following the holidays?
I have not! I sent them another update letter a few days ago, but did not get a response

Members don't see this ad.

OMG I received my very first II today from them!!!! 😭😭

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can I ask your stats?
Yea of course, they’re not the best by far but I don’t feel embarrassed to put myself out there.

URM, 3.3 cGPA and 3.1 sGPA between community college and my four year university. 497 MCAT. Leadership positions in all the organizations I was a part of during my time in college, ample community service and hospital volunteering. Current volunteer with the ARC. Strong LORs and desire to work in underserved communities for my career. I was completely honest in all my secondary essays for my reasoning behind my low stats, including my past mental setbacks and alcoholism that I overcame.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just got the TCC supplemental, what was it like? Kinda terrified since writing isn't my forte:cryi:
There was only one essay question from what I remember and it wasn't too bad. the rest of it was straightforward..
I was nervous about it too and put it off til the deadline they gave me but after finishing it I felt much better

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Yea of course, they’re not the best by far but I don’t feel embarrassed to put myself out there.

URM, 3.3 cGPA and 3.1 sGPA between community college and my four year university. 497 MCAT. Leadership positions in all the organizations I was a part of during my time in college, ample community service and hospital volunteering. Current volunteer with the ARC. Strong LORs and desire to work in underserved communities for my career. I was completely honest in all my secondary essays for my reasoning behind my low stats, including my past mental setbacks and alcoholism that I overcame.
When was your application marked complete by them? Still haven’t heard from them yet...

Reactions: 1 user
When was your application marked complete by them? Still haven’t heard from them yet...
I received the 2° on 06/23/20, received a “Complete” email from them on 07/10/20 and this was the first I’ve heard from them since.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received the 2° on 06/23/20, received a “Complete” email from them on 07/10/20 and this was the first I’ve heard from them since.
Thank you so much! Congrats on the II, best of luck to you!!

Thank you for sharing your story! I appreciate your strength and resilience <3. I wish you the best of luck on your interview!

• Care
Have any other IIs gone out recently?

Reactions: 3 users
has anyone heard anything after submitting the TCC supplemental? I submitted in October and haven't heard anything yet /:

has anyone heard anything after submitting the TCC supplemental? I submitted in October and haven't heard anything yet /:
I have not either and I submitted it around then. I guess we are just in the waiting game, unfortunately :/

Not sure how many I'll be able to respond to, but if anyone has any questions, send them my way.

• Care
Complete sometime in October or November, and my letters of rec still don't have checkmarks in the portal. Is that normal? I emailed them a couple weeks after submission and they said it would be done but it's been a couple months now..

Complete sometime in October or November, and my letters of rec still don't have checkmarks in the portal. Is that normal? I emailed them a couple weeks after submission and they said it would be done but it's been a couple months now..
Mine took bloody forever after being complete in September, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Have any IIs gone out? I submitted in August but wasn't marked complete until the middle of November. Still hoping to interview here....

• Care
Have any IIs gone out? I submitted in August but wasn't marked complete until the middle of November. Still hoping to interview here....
I'm still waiting as well. =/

• Care
Same here. In state, complete since early August but lower stats...
I'm so confused lol I know someone who applied last year in January, interviewed in Feb, and got in shortly after. They have to be moving so slow this year or something... or they just thought my app was garbage lol

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed yesterday and was put on the Athens alternate list this morning. So is that OU’s waitlist? Anyone have any more info on this? Thanks!!

• Care
Interviewed yesterday and was put on the Athens alternate list this morning. So is that OU’s waitlist? Anyone have any more info on this? Thanks!!
Yeah you’re waitlisted for OU’s main campus in Athens. Pretty sure they have a good amount of WL movement from what I heard during my interview. Good luck!

I’m wondering if someone being waitlisted means that their seats are getting full? Anyone have any ideas?

I’m wondering if someone being waitlisted means that their seats are getting full? Anyone have any ideas?
I feel like they’ve barely sent out any IIs according to this thread or maybe a lot of people don’t use SDN that got an II

I feel like they’ve barely sent out any IIs according to this thread or maybe a lot of people don’t use SDN that got an II
I totally agree! Across all 3 campuses, I haven’t seen a whole lot, wondering what the hold-up is

I know their total number of students per class is about 250 but does anyone know how many at each campus? I tried to find that info but not finding it anywhere

I know their total number of students per class is about 250 but does anyone know how many at each campus? I tried to find that info but not finding it anywhere
150 athens, 50 at the other two (as far as I remember)

I literally just got my complete email. My application was submitted 5 months ago. All of my letters and MCAT score were in at that time too

Any recent IIs go out? If so, can you say when you got your complete email & IS/OOS

Got the file complete email after I finished the secondary in mid-October. I actually emailed them this morning about my LORs not being checked off and got the complete email like an hour later lol.

I don't think I have much of a shot for a II since my stats aren't great for this school and I'm also OOS (Michigan), but hoping for a prayer

I was reading on the thread from last year and several folks sent updates to Dr. Schriner in the admissions office, anyone think it's worth it to send him updates rather than the general admissions office?

I was reading on the thread from last year and several folks sent updates to Dr. Schriner in the admissions office, anyone think it's worth it to send him updates rather than the general admissions office?
I sent him an updated letter of intent back in November and I never got any kind of response. I additionally reached out to the general admissions office about a month later and they got back with me the same day that they attached my updated materials to my application, so I personally don’t think it made much of a difference.

Any recent IIs go out? If so, can you say when you got your complete email & IS/OOS
Hi there, I interviewed there yesterday. About 14-17 students were interviewing

Edit: They said they still have seats available in every campus

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hi there, I interviewed there yesterday. About 14-17 students were interviewing

Edit: They said they still have seats available in every campus
That’s good to hear, thanks!! Do you mind sharing when you got your complete email and when they sent you and II?

Yes, I was complete in middle/late October and interviewed in December! However, before the interview invite, there was a long silence.

Reactions: 2 users
I filled out the supplemental for the TCC application and haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know the next steps for it or how long it's supposed to be before they email us with further details/instructions?

• Care
For anyone who gets accepted to the Dublin campus feel free to message me. Currently an OMS-I at Dublin and more than happy to answer questions/help prepare you for the fall.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I filled out the supplemental for the TCC application and haven't heard anything back. Does anyone know the next steps for it or how long it's supposed to be before they email us with further details/instructions?
Same boat. No idea. :(

For anyone who gets accepted to the Dublin campus feel free to message me. Currently an OMS-I at Dublin and more than happy to answer questions/help prepare you for the fall.
Hey do you know where rotations are for dublin campus students? (i.e. which hospital systems)

Hey do you know where rotations are for dublin campus students? (i.e. which hospital systems)
From my understanding a lot of us get first dips on rotations throughout central Ohio because the university is officially partnered with OhioHealth. They have an enormous presence here in central Ohio so most (if not all) rotations you don't need to move anywhere. Huge advantage for the Dublin campus compared to Athens (I suspect Cleveland has a similar advantage).

Doctors Hospital, Grant, Riverside, Mt Carmel (pretty sure), various private offices, a lot of OhioHealth places like runner said. The specific hospital you do X rotation at basically depends on how the scheduler is able to work it out.

150 athens, 50 at the other two (as far as I remember)
They have changed it up a bit (at least for my class they did). Around 120 at Athens, I think 70 at Dublin. But they could definitely still be playing with the numbers a bit especially with the new MedEd building in Athens (looks super nice!)