2020-2021 Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences College of Osteopathic Medicine (OSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just submitted my secondary. Hope im not too late!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing since the "Secondary received" email on July 22.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anybody had an interview invite yet? I've had my secondary submitted for a while now but just got my final letter of recommendation in. Just didn't know how long to expect before hearing something.

my portal hasn't even been updated with LORs or transcripts or anything.
I would email them. My LORs are all submitted to AACOMAS but weren't updated on the secondary. I emailed this morning and they were able to get everything up to date and completed.

Spoke with the admissions office: they are planning on rolling out II's within a couple weeks. As of now they are planning to keep them in-person with an option for online.

Reactions: 2 users
Spoke with the admissions office: they are planning on rolling out II's within a couple weeks. As of now they are planning to keep them in-person with an option for online.

Not the hugest fan of that. Can’t see how you would be judged fairly against someone doing an interview in person vs taking the online option so I feel most people will feel forced to do in person which to mean seems like a risk as they will get people all over the country from different infection zones. Unless they plan on rapid testing everyone before they do the interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Not the hugest fan of that. Can’t see how you would be judged fairly against someone doing an interview in person vs taking the online option so I feel most people will feel forced to do in person which to mean seems like a risk as they will get people all over the country from different infection zones. Unless they plan on rapid testing everyone before they do the interview.

OSU tends to interview from a tight geographic area.

I'm with you though, they should just make them all online.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe this means they’ll be even MORE In state heavy this year

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Did it come via email/phone or did the portal change?
Via phone call and they told me about either coming in person for the interview or doing it online. I chose in person.

I see the minimum MCAT requirement for admission is 492. Do they actually accept those with a MCAT that low?

I submitted July 19 but nothing has been received on the portal except AACOMAS and CASper. My LORs are still outstanding. My LORs were all submitted via AACOMAS back in May.

How long did it take everyone for the portal to reflect "received" for everything?

I submitted July 19 but nothing has been received on the portal except AACOMAS and CASper. My LORs are still outstanding. My LORs were all submitted via AACOMAS back in May.

How long did it take everyone for the portal to reflect "received" for everything?
I submitted Secondary 7/22 and received a complete email 8/3

is anyone's letter of recommendations on your applicant portal saying its not received when its submitted on AACOMAS?

any OOS interview invites thus far?
I am IS and have not heard anything yet. That may be due to not having taken my MCAT yet (9/28 tester). On their website they said they would extend interview invites even with a lack of MCAT, so I'll be interested to see if they do send some out to those without MCATs yet.

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 18.33.10.png

Anyone else submit over a month now with nothing checked off?

Received completed email 8/10, radio silent. OOS. I live in Missouri, and I'm not sure if OSUCOM is friendly to the neighboring states?? I know some med schools are friendly to their neighboring states.

Just submitted my secondary! I received it a little while ago. From pursuing this thread, it seems that it takes a while for letters to get checked off, right?

Are the only letters required for this school 2 science faculty letters? Was thinking of throwing my app in here I have 2 science faculty(1 is an MD) and then a 3rd letter from a professor I was a TA for.

Are the only letters required for this school 2 science faculty letters? Was thinking of throwing my app in here I have 2 science faculty(1 is an MD) and then a 3rd letter from a professor I was a TA for.
2 letters from faculty and 1 letter from a physician

Hey y’all! I’m an MS1 at the OSU Cherokee Nation campus. OSU has been an absolutely fantastic place for med school so far. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that y’all choose OSU if you’re offered an acceptance. The family culture here truly is second to none, just as many others have said. If y’all have any questions about anything, please let me know!

Hey y’all! I’m an MS1 at the OSU Cherokee Nation campus. OSU has been an absolutely fantastic place for med school so far. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that y’all choose OSU if you’re offered an acceptance. The family culture here truly is second to none, just as many others have said. If y’all have any questions about anything, please let me know!
Hey! Would you happen to know how many people they expect to accept into your campus this year? I heard they’re trying to expand to a total of 200 students? Or was that just 200 totaled from every year. Thank youuu

Last edited:
Hey! Would you happen to know how many people they expect to accept into the your campus this year? I heard they’re trying to expand to a total of 200 students? Or was that just 200 totaled from every year. Thank youuu
Hmm that’s a good question! We have 174 total right now, with 53 coming from Tahlequah. I’d imagine they’d wanna stay in the same range for next year, but it’s very possible they might wanna increase the number by a bit! We will FINALLY be moving into our brand new building in the spring semester! Right now we have sort of a make-shift setup at the outpatient health center (which is brand-new and huge), but they have taken very good care of us from day one! Everyone sort of treats us like kings down here since we’re the first class and everything

Hmm that’s a good question! We have 174 total right now, with 53 coming from Tahlequah. I’d imagine they’d wanna stay in the same range for next year, but it’s very possible they might wanna increase the number by a bit! We will FINALLY be moving into our brand new building in the spring semester! Right now we have sort of a make-shift setup at the outpatient health center (which is brand-new and huge), but they have taken very good care of us from day one! Everyone sort of treats us like kings down here since we’re the first class and everything
174 as in 174 ms1 at OSU rn?

Has anyone from OOS heard anythign back? I submitted my secondary towards 3rd week of July, but my app wasn't completed due to a technical error until 8/12. I'm from a neighboring state with LizzyM 68, and i'm getting very nervous since it's September..

Has anyone from OOS heard anythign back? I submitted my secondary towards 3rd week of July, but my app wasn't completed due to a technical error until 8/12. I'm from a neighboring state with LizzyM 68, and i'm getting very nervous since it's September..

Relax, friend, it's still very early. I'm OOS as well (east coast so probably slightly worse off than you are). I submitted "late" as well, I think I was complete sometime in the last two weeks.

We interview all the way until April, don't worry. Preference is given to in-state applicants earlier on.

waitlist 9/2, the interview went kind of not the best so understandable i guess

• Care
OOS (Missouri) but family ties to OK..no response yet *crosses fingers*