2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pros and cons of PCOM compared to other osteopathic schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Received a deferred decision until the adcom could review my 2nd term grades (current 1st year Biomed). Been doing well, so not too concerned going forward!

Anyone on the thread have any experience with this scenario?

Reactions: 1 users
Received a deferred decision until the adcom could review my 2nd term grades (current 1st year Biomed). Been doing well, so not too concerned going forward!

when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed, were you asked bioethics questions?

Hello Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well. I applied to PCOM Philadelphia a few days. My stats are 502 MCAT, 3.5 CGPA, 3.4 SGPA with tons of research experience in IVY league schools (1 major first author publication and 3 minor publications) and lot of other EC experiences. Do you think I will be able to get an interview and if so, what do you think my chances are now as its February and pretty late in the cycle? Thanks!!

Very common with Biomeds. If you do well you should get an acceptance.

What are the main differences between this one and the South Georgia Campus ? Which would yall choose if you had to?

I had also received this email of a delayed decision, so I guess its a waiting game at this point!

Reactions: 1 user
Hello Everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well. I applied to PCOM Philadelphia a few days. My stats are 502 MCAT, 3.5 CGPA, 3.4 SGPA with tons of research experience in IVY league schools (1 major first author publication and 3 minor publications) and lot of other EC experiences. Do you think I will be able to get an interview and if so, what do you think my chances are now as its February and pretty late in the cycle? Thanks!!
It's really hard to say. My go-to is always "it's not too late unless you're past the deadline and/or the seats have already been filled or classes have started."
I applied in September with similar stats (505 MCAT, undergrad 3.45 cGPA, undergrad 3.42 sGPA, grad 3.80 cGPA, grad 3.80 sGPA, multiple 1st/2nd author pubs, thousands of hours of clinical/volunteer) and have not received an II.

BUT without knowing your exact app including essays/personal statement and LORs, and without knowing what the adcoms are looking for to fill their remaining seats, I have no idea what your chances are. I don't think anyone here could make a prediction, especially with the volume of applicants this cycle.

It's not over until it's over. Best of luck to you this cycle. ❤️

Reactions: 2 users
What are the main differences between this one and the South Georgia Campus ? Which would yall choose if you had to?
If you had a choice and location/family isnt a issue, then you would pick Philly. All three locations have the same curriculum, but Philly is the most established and has better clinical rotations/residencies. South Georgia just started a year ago, and because of that/the small faculty it is easier to get a higher gpa/LoR. However, newer schools will have to adjust to starting clinicals in a new location, and south Georgia may not be the most exciting spot. If you had a choice, PA>GA>SGA

Edit: To add on to this, I would only go to SGA if that's one of my only acceptances(reason why most go)/ or your intent on doing rural medicine. PA and GA campuses at least offer rotations in suburban/urban areas (Philly/Atlanta)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I have just been accepted to PCOM!! I still cannot believe it! I am part of the Biomed program (1st year).

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 01/26. I did not expect to hear back this week at all.
Dang, Im also a 1st year BMS and I interviewed on 1/20 and still have not heard back. Guess i'm looking at a R

Accepted today via email! Interviewed 1/21. LM 69, IS

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted today via email! Interviewed 1/21. LM 69, IS
Congrats! What time did you get the email? Was it in the morning, afternoon, or night? Just curious as to when I should expect any email regarding decision

Hi guys I have a friend who submitted their secondary to PCOM on February 1st- they have not heard back for a secondary yet... how long does it take to receive a secondary from this school and it’s been about 4 days now should they contact them?

Hi guys I have a friend who submitted their secondary to PCOM on February 1st- they have not heard back for a secondary yet... how long does it take to receive a secondary from this school and it’s been about 4 days now should they contact them?
I think it took a while for me to get it. I think 2-3 weeks. they don't have any additional questions you just have to pay your supplemental fee

Does anyone know how often their adcom meets?

Hey everyone, anyone else complete in late August and still not heard a word? Weird that they say rolling admissions when people who were complete much later have been interviewed and accepted...Do I panic yet? Also, anyone who has interviewed want to share their stats?

Hey everyone, anyone else complete in late August and still not heard a word? Weird that they say rolling admissions when people who were complete much later have been interviewed and accepted...Do I panic yet? Also, anyone who has interviewed want to share their stats?
I was complete 8/6/20 I think and I still haven't heard a word. Super bummed

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
I interviewed on 01/26. I did not expect to hear back this week at all.
Hi! Congrats on your A, future Dr.

I have an interview coming up next week and would love to hear about your experience. Can I PM you?

Hi! Congrats on your A, future Dr.

I have an interview coming up next week and would love to hear about your experience. Can I PM you?
Thank you! Yes, you can.

I submitted in mid October but still no reply back. Hoping for that II. Does anybody know if the school is okay receiving update letter about new experience and jobs?

II just now, complete 7/7. I won't be attending so hoping it goes to one of you! Good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Interviewed on the 28th and waiting on a response is already driving me crazy lol

Does anyone know if PCOM accept updates via email? I am in a SMP and I sent a screenshot of my fall grades but they never replied back...it has been close to 2 weeks now

Does anyone know if PCOM accept updates via email? I am in a SMP and I sent a screenshot of my fall grades but they never replied back...it has been close to 2 weeks now
They do accept updates via email for Grades, I would suggest sending an official transcript to them though!

II today! complete sometime in October, I believe

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys i have a quick question. for the application summary on pcom portal - I have taken the mcat multiple times but they have listed my very first mcat.....does this mean they have all my mcats? and for record purposes they just posted the first one they saw? I am worried what if they don't have my recent score....

Hey guys i have a quick question. for the application summary on pcom portal - I have taken the mcat multiple times but they have listed my very first mcat.....does this mean they have all my mcats? and for record purposes they just posted the first one they saw? I am worried what if they don't have my recent score....

when I asked admissions this question they said that their system only shows the first test you took, even if they have the newer ones on file!

You need to update your grades through AACOMAS when it is open to do so. Everything has to be official, a screenshot won't cut it.