2020-2021 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if PCOM accepts update letters or letters of interest pre -II?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know last year they concluded interviews in Mid march does anyone know if they plan to do something similar this year? I have a 504 MCAT, PA resident, LM 65, and applied back in July and have heard nothing :(.

Starting to lose hope

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I know last year they concluded interviews in Mid march does anyone know if they plan to do something similar this year? I have a 504 MCAT, PA resident, LM 65, and applied back in July and have heard nothing :(.

Starting to lose hope
I'm in the same boat :// except OOS

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if still interview students through the summer since the cycle started so late?

506 3.4c/sgpa dead silence, complete in early september 2/2 MCAT cancellations

• Care
does anyone know if still interview students through the summer since the cycle started so late?
No way they would go through the summer, just not enough people available to accomplish this and they want the class seated by then. When I was interviewing the completed the process March 31. No extensions as they had enough on their waitlist to carry them through any withdrawals. Seven months of interviews is a lot of work as they interview everyday. They not only interview for the DO program but for the PA program and some of the Psychology programs as well.

Hey guys, quick question: I have the option to get a 9/10-month lease at one of the apartments I am looking at. Is medical school like undergrad where I can spend the summer break at my parent's house? Really want to avoid paying extra rent lol.

Hey guys, quick question: I have the option to get a 9/10-month lease at one of the apartments I am looking at. Is medical school like undergrad where I can spend the summer break at my parent's house? Really want to avoid paying extra rent lol.
From what I’ve heard, summer semester in the first year is like undergrad but most people try to get involved with research/volunteering if they’re trying to enter a competitive field. You could probably try to do that from home tho, if you really wanted to...It WILL be the last “Summer” you’ll ever have lol

Reactions: 1 user
I can finally relate to how difficult the post-interview wait really is... keep going over my interview in my head and picking out all the places I could have done better, even though I can’t do anything about it now. I wish they accepted letters of interest.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got word from admissions that they interview until 3/31 this year. I was complete late july/early August. I know its not over until it's over, but I'm slowly starting to lose hope on getting an II

Reactions: 5 users
I got word from admissions that they interview until 3/31 this year. I was complete late july/early August. I know its not over until it's over, but I'm slowly starting to lose hope on getting an II
how long do they send out ii for? I wonder how many spots are left for interviews.

Ah do you know if there’s an accepted thread either here or elsewhere? I’d love to get to know some folks beforehand and potentially find a roommate if someone’s interested lmfao

Ah do you know if there’s an accepted thread either here or elsewhere? I’d love to get to know some folks beforehand and potentially find a roommate if someone’s interested lmfao
Unfortunately I did not find a group chat with accepted students. I am part of the PCOM class of 2025 FB group tho!

Has anyone gotten rejected? I submitted my application in July and haven't heard a single thing.

Has anyone gotten rejected? I submitted my application in July and haven't heard a single thing.
No I don't even recall getting a rejection last year. I submitted in August and nothing. Disappointed, I really like this school

Complete late August and just received an interview invite! Don't give up yet!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Got an II this morning! I lost hope for PCOM because I forgot to submit my app fee until earlier this month...

Complete Early Feb, LM 73, IS, ORM

Hi everyone, I was recently WL. Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to hear back after being placed on the waitlist? PCOM is definitely my top choice but my worry is that we will hear back very late.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I was recently WL. Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes to hear back after being placed on the waitlist? PCOM is definitely my top choice but my worry is that we will hear back very late.

when did you receive the decision and when did you interview?

anyone know when they're extending interview invites up until?

LM 65, IS, PCOM is my top choice and I"m getting anxious now that Feb is over

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who interviewed the week of 2/3 heard back yet???

smh, I interviewed 2/3, does this mean I've been rejected :(

Anyone kind enough to share their interview experience at PCOM? I read through this entire thread and couldn't find much.

On their website it says there is a panel and group interview is that correct? Are the questions mostly ethical or more "get to know you"?

Anyone kind enough to share their interview experience at PCOM? I read through this entire thread and couldn't find much.

On their website it says there is a panel and group interview is that correct? Are the questions mostly ethical or more "get to know you"?
I haven't interviewed there but all of my friends who have said it is a lot of ethical questions. Good luck!

Mine was a faculty memeber and a medical student. Mostly ethical questions but some personal as well. They encourage you to talk about yourself, your accomplishments, etc as much as possible.

Does anyone know if PCOM accepts update letters or letters of interest pre -II?
you can update MCAT scores and grades through AACOMAS. They know you are interested because you applied there, what else could you say in a LOI if you have not interviewed yet?

Has it taken the full 5 weeks to hear back from admissions post-II?

Has it taken the full 5 weeks to hear back from admissions post-II?
It will all depend on when you interview compared to when the Committee meets. If you meet right after a meeting it can take the full 6 weeks, if you interview right before a meeting it can take 2 weeks. Timing is everything.