2020-2021 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting. I guess they must be misinformed. I spoke to a faculty at UF and they told me that they had a historic match day this year
Can second this^ . Asked multiple faculty and they all said that this years match day was fantastic. Hopefully, UF puts out an official statement soon about their Match Day performance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Just to let you all know - I did reach out to this Redditor and they apologized for the err. It was a misinterpretation from their source that considered all transitional match spots as “unmatched” when that isn’t the case.

They also emphasized that the UF students that rotate on their service are well above prepared and go beyond the residents’ expectations. All good things :)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I just got the email detailing second look days and aid information release. In it, there it mentioned that the info will be released to those who completed the Qualtrics survey that they linked in it. I finished my FAFSA a while ago but it is the first time I see that questionnaire. I even called the finaid office a while back to make sure after I submitted my FAFSA there was nothing else I had to do, and they said that was all and just to hold on until second look day.

I completed it today quickly, but now I'm worried I wont get any aid from UF if this is considered late. Can anyone comment?

Hi everyone, I just got the email detailing second look days and aid information release. In it, there it mentioned that the info will be released to those who completed the Qualtrics survey that they linked in it. I finished my FAFSA a while ago but it is the first time I see that questionnaire. I even called the finaid office a while back to make sure after I submitted my FAFSA there was nothing else I had to do, and they said that was all and just to hold on until second look day.

I completed it today quickly, but now I'm worried I wont get any aid from UF if this is considered late. Can anyone comment?
There was an email sent a while back with the scholarship application link- Jan. 27th at 7:43PM. I'm not sure if the email was sent in waves to applicants accepted after the day. Not sure what went wrong in your case and from the looks of it, things don't exactly look too good cuz UF prolly already allocated their funds. It doesn't hurt to contact their office and let them know of what happened. Maybe if an admitted student who received an offer decides to withdraw, those funds could be allocated to you or something. Hope things work out for you!

I believe that is for scholarships and not aid

Do you guys know where current students recommend living? I've heard Bartram and Wildflower are nice but any insight would be great!

Is it true that UF has had problems with Soaping in past years? I know this year went well, but I heard there might have been problems before. Just wanted to make sure this year wasn't a fluke.

Is it true that UF has had problems with Soaping in past years? I know this year went well, but I heard there might have been problems before. Just wanted to make sure this year wasn't a fluke.

Where did you hear this from? As far as I know, UF always has great match lists.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Please tell me all of you chads have acceptances and full rides at T20 schools and will be withdrawing here so a lowly waitlister like me can get in. Please give me hope :1geek:

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Please tell me all of you chads have acceptances and full rides at T20 schools and will be withdrawing here so a lowly waitlister like me can get in. Please give me hope :1geek:
No full ride or T20 acceptance, but I am withdrawing from Florida today. Hopefully, others will do the same sooner than later if they are planning to enroll elsewhere to help you guys get off the waitlist faster.

• Love
Did anyone else feel a little hopeful about the UF waitlist email? The admissions committee is currently reviewing the waitlist? Is this just a standard thing they do each year, or does this mean there might be more movement than usual this cycle? getting too hopeful

Anyone else still waiting on FA? :/
I am planning on emailing the financial aid office at 10. I emailed admissions on Wednesday and they said there wasn't something wrong on my end and that I would be getting my letter soon. The anxiety is killing me lol.

Anyone else still waiting on FA? :/

I am planning on emailing the financial aid office at 10. I emailed admissions on Wednesday and they said there wasn't something wrong on my end and that I would be getting my letter soon. The anxiety is killing me lol.
Have you guys checked your UFL email?

I send all the stuff about gator games to junk lol. Maybe that's why they're holding my aid lol.
So, you are a current UF student who actively uses UF email?

So, you are a current UF student who actively uses UF email?
Nope, I'm an out-of-state student. When I signed up for a gator link account, they started sending promotions to my UF email. I think something in my settings is enabled that allows them to do that. I'm sure the financial aid thing will be fine so I am doing my best not to worry about it even though I am not doing a great job. I hope that everyone else who is in the same boat is doing ok :) .

I haven't heard either, but im just gonna take it as no news is good news. Plus im in no rush to see I'm about to be in $160k debt lmfao

I haven't heard either, but im just gonna take it as no news is good news. Plus im in no rush to see I'm about to be in $160k debt lmfao
160k is low tbh. The average for UF is like 190 according to MSAR. Total cost should be 200+ probably closer to 220.

160k is low tbh. The average for UF is like 190 according to MSAR. Total cost should be 200+ probably closer to 220.
Haha I'm a UF undergrad and managed to cop a house so housing is essentially negligible for me and get food from home so that cost is also pretty negligible so for me its really just tuition and other fees. But ya I agree for the average student, it likely is closer to 220.

Does UF send that WL movement email every year or just this year because it’s an unusual cycle? Trying to hold on to hope 😥

Does anyone know what waitlist movement looks like here? Is the waitlist ranked?

So when do I start to worry about not getting my fin aid packet?

Does anyone know what waitlist movement looks like here? Is the waitlist ranked?
Little WL movement. Sorry bud. However, w COVID and people getting more interviews getting more acceptances, may mean more movement. But for past years, UF tends to accept all the students they could want, and let the class size dwindle from there.

So when do I start to worry about not getting my fin aid packet?
I'd prolly say end of this week (like Friday) send an email asking for the status. I just got mine today and im sure there are a couple more people who still haven't gotten one so I wouldn't fret just yet. I do recall that you mentioned you filled the scholarship form late so that might be contributing to the delayed fin aid packet.

Since this group is anonymous, if people are comfortable sharing approx how much aid they got, that'd be great... trying to assess the significance of the aid i received lol (def not complaining as any money is good money). I can start it off... I got 7.5k per year.

I'd prolly say end of this week (like Friday) send an email asking for the status. I just got mine today and im sure there are a couple more people who still haven't gotten one so I wouldn't fret just yet. I do recall that you mentioned you filled the scholarship form late so that might be contributing to the delayed fin aid packet.
Thats honestly what I hope because that would mean they're looking at it so maybe it wasn't too late thankfully :)

Since this group is anonymous, if people are comfortable sharing approx how much aid they got, that'd be great... trying to assess the significance of the aid i received lol (def not complaining as any money is good money). I can start it off... I got 7.5k per year.

7.5k/year + 3k for this first year. I am grateful but still so much in loans... x___x

I haven’t got my aid package yet but I’m hoping for more a bit more than that tbh if it’s anything like other schools COA it won’t put a dent. anything around 25k/ year would be golden for UF. Also when we’re y’all accepted because I still haven’t gotten any aid. Did you guys get an email?
Someone mentioned 5k-10k in a gc but I'm not totally sure if its accurate or not. 25k does seem really high, might just have to rely on loans. I got accepted in Oct and still haven't gotten mine, but like they mentioned, I didn't submit the supplemental app until really late so 🤷‍♂️

Someone mentioned 5k-10k in a gc but I'm not totally sure if its accurate or not. 25k does seem really high, might just have to rely on loans. I got accepted in Oct and still haven't gotten mine, but like they mentioned, I didn't submit the supplemental app until really late so 🤷‍♂️
October too and I don’t think I was that late so we may be good maybe they haven’t did October yet Ik someone who interviewed with me who hasn’t gotten aid either

Little WL movement. Sorry bud. However, w COVID and people getting more interviews getting more acceptances, may mean more movement. But for past years, UF tends to accept all the students they could want, and let the class size dwindle from there.
Thank you for the input! That is what I noticed from last year's forum too. I wish that they would be more transparent about their waitlist. I'm not sure why they insist on you making an appointment for a phone call to discuss the waitlist when an email would suffice. No one wants to carve time out of their day just to be told that they don't have much of a chance over the phone.

7.5k/year + 3k for this first year. I am grateful but still so much in loans... x___x
Are these aid or ADM scholarship?

If the 3k ur referring to for the first year is the CoM Scholarship, those can be renewed every year (you just have to fill out the app again or something) as compared to the tuition waiver which is essentially guaranteed for the 4 years. Just an FYI unless yours says something otherwise.

If the 3k ur referring to for the first year is the CoM Scholarship, those can be renewed every year (you just have to fill out the app again or something) as compared to the tuition waiver which is essentially guaranteed for the 4 years. Just an FYI unless yours says something otherwise.

It says "CoM Grant x 1 yr" on the letter which I don't know if it's the same thing but that sounds reassuring! You just made my day haha

It says "CoM Grant x 1 yr" on the letter which I don't know if it's the same thing but that sounds reassuring! You just made my day haha
Hmm idk about Grants, but in the same email as the award letter, there is a doc that explains all the categories which is where I was getting my info from. Glad I could make ur day tho haha!

• Care
What is the average "merit" scholarship given by UF?

I can second the same amount of financial aid! Received 7.5k x 4 years, plus an additional "CoM Scholarship" amount of 2.5k.

Thankful for the aid, but a bit stressed because another school offered way more, but UF is dream school :') smh... anyone have any input if this is average aid for UF students, or if you see any fluctuation after CTE?? or if parental financial info may have big impact on aid amount?

I can second the same amount of financial aid! Received 7.5k x 4 years, plus an additional "CoM Scholarship" amount of 2.5k.

Thankful for the aid, but a bit stressed because another school offered way more, but UF is dream school :') smh... anyone have any input if this is average aid for UF students, or if you see any fluctuation after CTE?? or if parental financial info may have big impact on aid amount?
As a disclaimer, I'm not rich by any means lol, but my parents had to report an assets value of 500k which I believed essentially nullified any aid chances, but the fact that I still got some money leads me to believe it's not as big of an impact. I mean sure the smaller the parental financial you have the more aid you could potentially get.

• Care