2020-2021 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes but in my email instructions it said the place to upload it would be under the User Profile tab where it says "Proof" and that's where it was so I uploaded it there. The Citizenship tab didn't open up til a few days after I noticed
I think it is the same. but I may have uploaded to both areas, just to be sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I know some schools give students subscriptions to uworld and other resources and First Aid etc. does anyone here know what UFCOM offers? Have some family members that are eager to get a head start on school gifts and don’t want issues with duplicates

Members don't see this ad :)
I know some schools give students subscriptions to uworld and other resources and First Aid etc. does anyone here know what UFCOM offers? Have some family members that are eager to get a head start on school gifts and don’t want issues with duplicates
I know that UFCOM has a dropbox with a bunch of resources (past student notes, anki decks, and as far as I know, some of those other resources). I'll ask around, but if you find out more, can ya please let us know here, would def not want to have duplicates haha.

Reactions: 2 users
When is the next committee review date/admission decision? Interviewed last week but I did not catch when they will be meeting or when I can expect a decision. Thanks!

Interview invite received on Tuesday 1/12. Interview dates available throughout February! growing up in state this interview invite feels huge to me.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone know if UF accepts updates post-interview? My decision hasn't been released yet but I mentioned a gap-year update during my interview and was wondering if its best I send it in through the portal just to be sure.
I provided a post-interview update. Not sure how much of a factor it played, but you can do it if you want.

Did you upload a document or type it directly into the space provided?
Mine was a letter of intent so I actually uploaded a doc, but if yours is just an update, then I think it would go within the appropriate boxes within the user interface.

Sure thing. I'm probably an anomaly as a re-inventor (or at least a minority) but ugrad 2.8x, 2.6x (cum, sci) and SMP grad gpa 3.8x, MCAT from 496 to 509. To be frank, I'm sure UF being my alma mater/IS, and URM helped, too.
I was a gymnast on their three time national championship team and have undergrad degree in kinesiology with minor in chemistry 3.76 cGPA 3.68sGPA with masters online UF in medical microbiology while touring the world with Cirque du Soleil performing...masters GPA 3.86. Have not heard one word from them. Did the Diabetes Camp, volunteered at balance 180 with adaptive gymnastics for special needs kids. Shadowed MDs dermatology, anesthesiology and primary. Can not believe they don't either say interview or reject. At least I have two other interviews and two acceptance but my own school I have two degrees from ....no word.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has the scholarship application open yet?
I checked on the accepted student website and financial aid website and it doesn't seem like any announcement has been made for applying! I emailed finaid earlier today to ask when to expect it to open.

I interviewed on 1/8 and they said that the decision would be made 1/26. Does anyone know if they call even if you’re waitlisted or only if you’re accepted? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed on 1/8 and they said that the decision would be made 1/26. Does anyone know if they call even if you’re waitlisted or only if you’re accepted? Thank you!
I think they'll email if you're waitlisted but they can also email if your accepted, so look out for both email and call!

I never got a call when I was accepted. Got an email late in the evening. WLs may get emails same day or next, I am not sure.

Around what time did decisions go out?
I think starting around 5 a bulk of the calls/emails were sent out, but even if you don't get one, the official decision email came out a bit later in the night, so I wouldn't worry. Good luck tomorrow! Hope yall get good news

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Can we fast forward to 5 pm, please? The suspense is killing me!! Good luck to everyone hearing back today!! In reality, I'm so grateful UF has given us an exact date to expect our decisions so I didn't have to feel this suspense every single day LOL.

Can we fast forward to 5 pm, please? The suspense is killing me!! Good luck to everyone hearing back today!! In reality, I'm so grateful UF has given us an exact date to expect our decisions so I didn't have to feel this suspense every single day LOL.
FYI - I never received a call, just got an email at like 8pm or so. So, don't panic if you don't get called at 5pm. Also, the calls are likely to be at whatever time the interviewers are free and if they wish to call. There is no mandated call.

I seriously respect UF so much for being so open about the date that we're going to hear back. It takes off so much stress and speaks to the culture they have at the school in my opinion

• Love
I seriously respect UF so much for being so open about the date that we're going to hear back. It takes off so much stress and speaks to the culture they have at the school in my opinion

UF Admissions office has impressed me at every stage as well. They’re extremely responsive and courteous and helpful.

Neuroticism runs high in pre-meds. I feel the same way. 2 more hours

Reactions: 1 user
got accepted via email just now!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
this is probably a stupid question lmao but on the scholarship application where it asks about outside scholarships and listing scholarships and the amount, is it talking about for undergrad? lol it is asking questions about undergrad right before that and I don't think a lot of people would know about outside scholarship yet for medical school.. i was going to reach out and ask but i wanted to ask here first in case it's blatantly obvious what they are asking for and i'm just not thinking clearly lolol

this is probably a stupid question lmao but on the scholarship application where it asks about outside scholarships and listing scholarships and the amount, is it talking about for undergrad? lol it is asking questions about undergrad right before that and I don't think a lot of people would know about outside scholarship yet for medical school.. i was going to reach out and ask but i wanted to ask here first in case it's blatantly obvious what they are asking for and i'm just not thinking clearly lolol
It is right with the UG, so I also assumed it was that.

Where/How can we find our GatorLink ID and email address?
I entered my personal email address.
UFID, you should see that in one of the earlier emails or on the residency status portal.
If not, email admissions. They are very responsive

II yesterday evening (they called, but I missed the call and scheduled today).
Complete around Labor Day.

• Love
Hi, friends!

did anyone else get an email message like this/what does it mean?

“This notification is to inform you that a new assignment for UF Health Shands New Employee Orientation ONLINE Module 2021 is waiting on your Timeline.”
Hope you received the "disregard" email.

Hi! Does anybody know until when UF is sending out II? I applied IS around labor day, LM 75 URM, and i’m wondering whether I can still expect a II here or not.

Hi! Does anybody know until when UF is sending out II? I applied IS around labor day, LM 75 URM, and i’m wondering whether I can still expect a II here or not.
It says they interview until late Feb on their website, but also that their interview cycle was pushed back slightly due to COVID. So I'd say it'll probably go until late Feb/mid March. Hopefully there is still time.

I'm hoping for an II here... Is there anything to increase my chances of being seen?