2020-2021 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How often do interviews take place? And does UF interview high GPA/high MCAT students earlier in the cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news for what time decisions will be going out?

Any news for what time decisions will be going out?
On 10/20, I saw posts here from around 430pm saying their interviewers called. I never received a call, but got the decision via email at around 730pm.

Reactions: 1 user
On 10/20, I saw posts here from around 430pm saying their interviewers called. I never received a call, but got the decision via email at around 730pm.
Thank you!! I’m nervously waiting

• Care
Just got the A call from my interviewer! Interviewed 10/30

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
A!! Just got an email from the professor that interviewed me! Good luck to everyone else

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
How often do interviews take place? And does UF interview high GPA/high MCAT students earlier in the cycle?
I am a low stats applicant and was interviewed almost immediately. I think they know what they want in a low stats applicant so they’re pretty quick with it.

CONGRATS Y'ALL FOR THE As! Excited to potentially be working alongside you next year :) and to those who received WLs today, it's not an end all be all, maybe it just wasn't the best fit, but you'll find someplace that fits your needs!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
CONGRATS Y'ALL FOR THE As! Excited to potentially be working alongside you next year :) and to those who received WLs today, it's not an end all be all, maybe it just wasn't the best fit, but you'll find someplace that fits your needs!
And I think there will be a large amount of WL movement this year. So hang in there.

Reactions: 1 users
I got the A it was hidden in my emails lmao! My 3rd acceptance and not only that but at a good school, super excited!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if it's an R at this point since they're interviewing people that applied later than me? 514/3.8 complete 9/1

Does anyone know if it's an R at this point since they're interviewing people that applied later than me? 514/3.8 complete 9/1
No way, they’ll interview until the cycle is over! They’re just interviewing the most competitive applicants that have applied at this point, regardless of when they applied

Nah, though you should also upload it on the portal to save them the trouble of having to do it. That is what I was recommended when I submitted an update to my transcripts in August (after emailing them).

Their staff is too kind to say "wow he can't follow directions," that sounds more to me like the USF admin LOL.
Sorry this post was so long ago, but just looking in terms of submitting a LOI now...would you recommend sending an email with the LOI to the admissions office as well as uploading it to the portal?

How much of the class has already been filled? And does UF prioritize high GPA compared to other FL schools ?

Sorry this post was so long ago, but just looking in terms of submitting a LOI now...would you recommend sending an email with the LOI to the admissions office as well as uploading it to the portal?

I think if you submit an update, it is best to send it via the portal if you have not sent it yet. If you want to be double sure, maybe call or email to make sure they received it. :)

Does UF prioritize people who went to school in Florida?
If you go to their Instagram page for may 17 2019 it shows a breakdown of the class of 2019 who graduated last year and it does look like about half of the students got some type of undergraduate degree from UF. So I’m guessing yes? Most students have some tie to Florida at the very least even if they didn’t go to a Florida school, but it is possible to get into UF with no Florida ties

I have very similar stats, submitted at the end of July, and got my interview invite 4 weeks ago. I'm not sure of the rhyme or reason to their order but I would absolutely not worry about it being an R at this point, don't stress!

They sent an email about a likely FB page for admitted students, no ones gotten anything regarding this right?

Email just went out for the FB group :)

Did number of apps go up significantly from last years cycle ?
Yes, according to AAMC and also other SDN forum threads - there are more applicants as well as more applications per applicant.

Mine had a personalized handwritten note from Dr. Lynch towards his signature, but I'm sure you guys prolly also had some kind of message written on it.

Alsooo... happy thanksgiving yall!! (credit to one of the other school threads for reminding me lol)

Mine had a personalized handwritten note from Dr. Lynch towards his signature, but I'm sure you guys prolly also had some kind of message written on it.

Yeah I had that but couldn’t make out the signature

Confused on updates... should I type it into the boxes or upload my letter??

Did UF accepted people get a package in the mail today? I am out of town, some package shows as delivered from Gainesville. Not sure if it is from UF

Confused on updates... should I type it into the boxes or upload my letter??
also confused. I formatted a nice PDF for my update letter like for most other schools but it would definitely fall under the "extracurricular" box. not sure the best way to proceed

Any recommendations on how to type in grade updates for the semester? Like do I attempt to make it into sentence form? Or just say "My grade for the fall semester were: A X class (3 hours), ? Probably doesn't matter anyway, but curious if anyone has done so and had advice

Edit: Or maybe would it be best to just attach my updated transcript and not type anything? not sure what they want

Any recommendations on how to type in grade updates for the semester? Like do I attempt to make it into sentence form? Or just say "My grade for the fall semester were: A X class (3 hours), ? Probably doesn't matter anyway, but curious if anyone has done so and had advice

Edit: Or maybe would it be best to just attach my updated transcript and not type anything? not sure what they want
Did UF ask for grade updates? Is yours significant changes? Just curious

I uploaded a PDF of my unofficial transcripts to the portal and later emailed them (including the grade) to confirm they received it.

Did UF ask for grade updates? Is yours significant changes? Just curious
Didn't ask, but have the option, so figured it can't hurt. I had significant activity updates I added in early October and still nothing, and OOS, so trying to show some interest as its my dream school (like many other OOS I'm sure though). Had a great semester, doesn't change my GPA though, still LM 73/4, so I guess its not significant but just keeping them in the loop

Didn't ask, but have the option, so figured it can't hurt. I had significant activity updates I added in early October and still nothing, and OOS, so trying to show some interest as its my dream school (like many other OOS I'm sure though). Had a great semester, doesn't change my GPA though, still LM 73/4, so I guess its not significant but just keeping them in the loop
Good luck

• Love
On the admitted page of the portal, I noticed you can list the other schools you’ve been accepted to. Is there any drawback to naming the other schools? I’m assuming if they’re more prestigious schools they may offer more scholarship?

On the admitted page of the portal, I noticed you can list the other schools you’ve been accepted to. Is there any drawback to naming the other schools? I’m assuming if they’re more prestigious schools they may offer more scholarship?
Well they did write on the acceptance email to let them know if you are choosing some place else due to better scholarship. Not sure about this page. Will be good if some current students answer this