2020-2021 University of Florida

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know around what time they’ll start calling?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
From last years' posts, I could not figure out what time they started calling.
Question on another note: I believe they call only for acceptances, right? If not accepted, do they email only at end of the day?

Members don't see this ad :)
From last years' posts, I could not figure out what time they started calling.
Question on another note: I believe they call only for acceptances, right? If not accepted, do they email only at end of the day?
Wait its email at the end of the day? I thought we could get an email at any time, so I've been hesitant to check my email cuz its a ticking time bomb lmfaoo. And I think they can call us at anytime, but we will only get a call if accepted. Acceptances can also go through email. And waitlist is only through emails.

any word on when emails come in?... and man I was really hoping calls would come in earlier in the day

Calls can come in at any time, I think it just depends on your interviewers' schedules (they may be in clinic or on shift duty if clinical faculty), but she does not recall the email timeframe.

Calls can come in at any time, I think it just depends on your interviewers' schedules (they may be in clinic or on shift duty if clinical faculty), but she does not recall the email timeframe.

Are we sure interviewers reach out to us? I thought that the admissions office would be giving us the call, especially since our interviewers don't make the admissions decisions (there's a separate admissions committee that compiles their reports and re-reviews our applications)

Reactions: 1 user
I believe they called throughout the day (and if it's the good news, your interviewers might actually individually call you to congratulate you, whether or not you get an official call) and everyone gets an email in the evening. Going off memory here, though.
@daffodil017 I believe the interviewers are notified if their interviewees are accepted, and some of them are kind enough to call to congratulate.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they called throughout the day (and if it's the good news, your interviewers might actually individually call you to congratulate you, whether or not you get an official call) and everyone gets an email in the evening. Going off memory here, though.
@daffodil017 I believe the interviewers are notified if their interviewees are accepted, and some of them are kind enough to call to congratulate.
yeah what they said on my interview day was that everyone would definitely receive an email because they don't want to play phone tag with something as important as an acceptance lol but that you may also, in addition to an email, receive a congratulatory call from an interviewer

Accepted! Interviewer emailed me! First-gen, feels like being on cloud 9!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted! Email from one of my interviewers at 4:36PM!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to all. Are all of you getting calls from your interviewers or the admissions office?

Congrats. Has anyone heard back about waitlist/R yet?

Congrats. Has anyone heard back about waitlist/R yet?
yeah this is a bit ridiculous to not have received so much as a sliver of information when they said everyone would be contacted today

• Care
yeah this is a bit ridiculous to not have received so much as a sliver of information when they said everyone would be contacted today
Right now we're at the mercy of the interviewers, who can decide to contact us or not, I think. I hope we get an admissions email soon

For others that were accepted, have you received an official email yet?

576D9628-7A11-4DB2-986C-C3A1A3613AC3.jpeg

praise be

• Sad
Ya my interviewer emailed me and mentioned an official email, but I have yet to receive one as well.

No call but got email and portal also accepted - Accepted.

LM: 77; WARS: 99; 1st: 33; 2nd: 32; II: 5; A: 1; R: 1; WL: 0;

I know some schools have a Facebook group for each class? Does anyone know if UF does that?

I got a call around 6 from my interviewer, great woo! but also they did mention an official email going out late this evening so that tracks, also interviewed 10/16!

• Love
Admissions Director replied to my previous email saying they are working slowly and carefully through a large number of decisions and appreciated my patience. This was around the same time that I received the official decision. Good luck to everyone.

Got official acceptance email 8:39PM.