2020-2021 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got accepted off the waitlist!!!
Congratulations! Hopefully those of us on the waitlist get some love soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
UIWSOM Facebook members is down to 143. Does that mean anything?

Reactions: 1 user
I withdrew my acceptance and left the Facebook group. I hope the spot goes to one of you.
I wish you well in what ever school you do settle for. We are still waiting and hoping this late in the cycle. Fingers crossed 🤞

Reactions: 2 users
Me too. I just retook the mcat and improved on my score. I don’t think they’ll take new scores this late in consideration

I am so confused why there are only 143 students in the Facebook group and yet there appears to be no waitlist movement.... I guess the students accepted don’t use fbook these days??

• Haha
  • Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
I am so confused why there are only 143 students in the Facebook group and yet there appears to be no waitlist movement.... I guess the students accepted don’t use fbook these days??
You would be correct. I’ve made friends with a few incoming class members who do not use any form of social media beyond LinkedIn (a couple don’t use any social media at all ). I’m afraid that gauging waitlist movement by the Facebook group numbers isn’t going to give you an accurate picture about waitlist movement. Why not call admissions and ask if you still have odds of admissions and whether or not there has been any waitlist movement? A closed mouth doesn’t get fed…

You would be correct. I’ve made friends with a few incoming class members who do not use any form of social media beyond LinkedIn (a couple don’t use any social media at all ). I’m afraid that gauging waitlist movement by the Facebook group numbers isn’t going to give you an accurate picture about waitlist movement. Why not call admissions and ask if you still have odds of admissions and whether or not there has been any waitlist movement? A closed mouth doesn’t get fed…
Unfortunately admission is hush about any questions you ask so if you ask them these questions they just give you very generic answers “waitlist will be open til late July “ they don’t really give you all that you’re asking for here unfortunately

Just wondering if there is anymore hope this late in the game. I emailed admissions to get any information on waitlist and when to stop hoping but just the same generic answer of wait list still open until late July.

Just wondering if there is anymore hope this late in the game. I emailed admissions to get any information on waitlist and when to stop hoping but just the same generic answer of wait list still open until late July.
Well rn the facebook page is up to 145, but at one point it was 150, I would assume their answer of waiting until July is still a solid timeframe. I was told some people last cycle were still pulled just before school started so I wouldn’t lose hope yet! If you already sent a LOI/Interest and updated as much as you could, that’s the best thing you could do at this time.

Well rn the facebook page is up to 145, but at one point it was 150, I would assume their answer of waiting until July is still a solid timeframe. I was told some people last cycle were still pulled just before school started so I wouldn’t lose hope yet! If you already sent a LOI/Interest and updated as much as you could, that’s the best thing you could do at this time.
Thanks for keeping my hopes up!. When is their matriculation? I believe that will be cut off for waiting.

Just received another "WL is active email until July 12"

I’ve never received any of the waitlist is active emails

• Hmm
For the required three letters of recommendation from a physician, premed advisor or HPAC, and science professor did they look at your secondaries if you did not have a premed advisor or HPAC letter? I only have recommendations from 2 science professors, research PI, and a physician (DO).

For the required three letters of recommendation from a physician, premed advisor or HPAC, and science professor did they look at your secondaries if you did not have a premed advisor or HPAC letter? I only have recommendations from 2 science professors, research PI, and a physician (DO).
@LiLim1929 Your 3 letters should work fine
Please join us over here for the 2021-2022 thread: 2021-2022 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

Wow!. I guess the class is full now.
It's July 12th :( and it's up to 151, it's been good yall. Til next year i guess
Edit: just for the email that it’s closed officially — really sad since it was my top choice but on the plus side I have already sent in my application for next year. Good luck everyone and congrats to the accepted ❤️‍

Last edited:
  • Care
Class of 2025
~5300 applications (⬆️26%), 955 interviewed (⬆️18%), N/A admitted.

Class of 2024
~4200 application, 806 interviewed, N/A admitted.

Class of 2023.
3980 application, 680 interviewed, 452 admitted.

Same number of seats (150), so roughly same number matriculated (~160). My guess is number of admitted is probably similar year over year, if not decreased this year. Congrats to everyone who made it during this record cycle!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Class of 2025
~5300 applications (⬆️26%), 955 interviewed (⬆️18%), N/A admitted.

Class of 2024
~4200 application, 806 interviewed, N/A admitted.

Class of 2023.
3980 application, 680 interviewed, 452 admitted.

Same number of seats (150), so roughly same number matriculated (~160). My guess is number of admitted is probably similar year over year, if not decreased this year. Congrats to everyone who made it during this record cycle!
I believe our class size is 162-167, not sure on the exact number yet