2020-2021 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations to all who have received acceptances off the waitlist. It is well deserved and I am happy for you all. I worry this might be all the waitlist movement to happen and my chances are now slim to none. Pretty sad :(
I think there’s going to be a ton of movement after May 15th. Don’t give up hope!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I did. UIWSOM is one that accepts LOI. In fact, they are very kind and responsive to all of my emails. Hope this help! 🤗
Congratulations! May I ask who you addressed the LOI to? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist yesterday as well! I the opportunity to speak to someone from admissions who said the class is mostly filled but that's not to say a few spots may become available down the road. Don't lose hope but also it may be wise to start preparing a backup plan. Best of luck to all.
Stats if you dont mind?

Do we think that there will be more waitlist movement after the 15th or that the major movement already occurred?
There will - i emailed them recently and was told " Waitlist movement is difficult to predict, but the list will remain active throughout the summer until our incoming class begins in late July 2021"

Reactions: 2 users
Do you happen to know if the class is full? I don't want to speculate or cause any panic, but to me, I feel that means the class is full and there's a chance additional spots could open in the summer.
Pretty much every class is the nation is full at this point, or nearly full, but some are holding multiple As.

Just declined my acceptance as I have an A elsewhere. Wishing you all the best!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got it too but what does that even mean? lol
It means we sit/wait for their decision, and prepare for the next cycle if need be.

In this case, don't give up goes both ways! Don't give up hope for an A this cycle, and don't give up hope on becoming a doctor.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I just got accepted off the waitlist!!! Crying tears of joy!!
Good luck to you all, hang in there!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
ConGraTulaTions!!! Could you share your stats?
Sure. My stats were pretty below average. I had a 3.2 undergraduate, 3.4 graduate, and 503 on Mcat. As you can see, it Is not all about the stats contrary to popular opinion haha. I was also out of state. I believe what pulled me through was my dedication to medicine. I had 10+ years of work experience in medical clinics.

Reactions: 2 users
A few months ago I remember thinking “what are the chances of me getting accepted off of at least one waitlist?” (i was waitlisted at 3 schools). So I go on SDN and some guy was like “yeah your chances are slim to none. Better prepare for next yr”
**** that guy. If you believe this is your year, it probably is!!! I was so certain and believed in myself even with low stats. Don’t be that guy!!! You guys can do it. It does happen.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
Sure. My stats were pretty below average. I had a 3.2 undergraduate, 3.4 graduate, and 503 on Mcat. As you can see, it Is not all about the stats contrary to popular opinion haha. I was also out of state. I believe what pulled me through was my dedication to medicine. I had 10+ years of work experience in medical clinics.
Thank you for sharing your stats. Your work experience is definitely impressive!
No doubt you will be a fantastic doctor!!
Once again, congratulations!!!

Thank you for sharing your stats. Your work experience is definitely impressive!
No doubt you will be a fantastic doctor!!
Once again, congratulations!!!
Thank you! Still so surreal

Reactions: 1 user
Looks like a bunch of folks were accepted off the waitlist. Facebook group jumped to 143. Guess they're not driving themselves crazy on sdn.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
I will be withdrawing my WL spot here since I have an acceptance somewhere else. I hope this helps one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
No 😨 what did it say?
it was basically an invitation to do a masters of biological science program they said that I can apply while I wait on the waiting list for the med school and if I get pulled off the waiting list they’ll take me out of the Masters program

• Love
it was basically an invitation to do a masters of biological science program they said that I can apply while I wait on the waiting list for the med school and if I get pulled off the waiting list they’ll take me out of the Masters program
That’s pretty cool! I wonder how they select who to send it to

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE THE IN ACCEPTED STUDENTS GROUPME?? Asking for a friend... lol

That’s pretty cool! I wonder how they select who to send it to
Skimming through what little comments about the MBS last year’s cycle, it seems like a commenter got off the WL did not receive the MBS email, but did send an LOI and extra LOR

Skimming through what little comments about the MBS last year’s cycle, it seems like a commenter got off the WL did not receive the MBS email, but did send an LOI and extra LOR
Yay! Thank you for the hope! But also hope makes me not want to work on re-app 😃😞🥰😭☺️😢

Has anyone spoken with admissions recently about current class - whether it is full and/or waitlist movement?

I emailed them and They said that they give it students who don’t have a masters degree already
Oh that’s cool. I don’t have my masters but still didn’t get any love there. That was really nice of you to let me know. Thank you so much

Withdrawing my acceptance here, good luck everyone :)

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Accepted today at UIWSOM and WVSOM. Decided to go to PCOM. All the best to ALL of you.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!🎉🎈🎊 PCOM is awesome! What made you decide?
I checked: PCOM versus all the other schools i was accepted in (VCOM/auburn, west Virginia, LECOM and UIWSOM), PCOM seems better.

Is the Facebook members reflective of the number admitted so far?