2022-2023 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got this email yesterday with the same exact typo lol. Guessing it's for the next batch of interviews done on 3/3.
Haha guess they sent these out in a hurry? Or they didn't realize they needed to add something...
I was waitlisted but actually heard on Friday that same week. So it was just slightly delayed and I heard before the end of the week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
The Texas Vista Medical Center recently announced that it’s shutting down. Looks like it could have a pretty big negative impact on UIW since they do rotations and have established residency programs there.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Haha guess they sent these out in a hurry? Or they didn't realize they needed to add something...
I was waitlisted but actually heard on Friday that same week. So it was just slightly delayed and I heard before the end of the week.
It's definitely an automated "warming" template in their applicant tracking system that just has a typo in it that they didn't fix lol
It would be so nice to hear something this week though

Members don't see this ad :)
The Texas Vista Medical Center recently announced that it’s shutting down. Looks like it could have a pretty big negative impact on UIW since they do rotations and have established residency programs there.
As sad as it is for the South side, it has actually allowed us to explore new residency opportunities, of which our Dean has found multiple. There is already plans in motion, so no need to worry!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
As sad as it is for the South side, it has actually allowed us to explore new residency opportunities, of which our Dean has found multiple. There is already plans in motion, so no need to worry!

That’s great to hear. The new dean really impressed me at my interview, seemed like he was pushing the school in a good direction.

Reactions: 5 users
That’s great to hear. The new dean really impressed me at my interview, seemed like he was pushing the school in a good direction.
Agreed. It sounded like he had a lot planned for setting the future classes up for success

Anyone know if you can still accept the offer after missing the deposit deadline :unsure:
I tried to do this with another school and it didn’t end well. I spilled my guts out to them and they didn’t want to hear it. Thankfully it was for the best as I received an even better acceptance elsewhere. Each school is different though so I would give it a shot!

Is UIWSOM done with interviews? Or are there a few scheduled for this month?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, did anyone at all get accepted recently? Seems like they are either rejecting or waitlisting at this point.

Just wondering, did anyone at all get accepted recently? Seems like they are either rejecting or waitlisting at this point.
From what I've gathered based off of the conversations here. Is they are currently full and they are interviewing for waitlist spots. The last few rounds have just been Waitlists or rejections.

I think the only ones who have been accepted recently are from their MBS and direct admit program.

From what I've gathered based off of the conversations here. Is they are currently full and they are interviewing for waitlist spots. The last few rounds have just been Waitlists or rejections.
I agree but based on last year's thread the same email was being sent out around this time and there was decent waitlist movement starting mid-April from earlier interviews. TBD but definitely keeping my fingers crossed

I agree but based on last year's thread the same email was being sent out around this time and there was decent waitlist movement starting mid-April from earlier interviews. TBD but definitely keeping my fingers crossed
Definitely agree! Hopefully we see some movement soon. Wishing everyone luck.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve been peeking at the UIWSOM c/o 2027 Facebook group and there are only 79 members (1 moderator) so it appears that they’re just a little under halfway full of class size for those who have committed (and have facebook). I know that’s not an exact number but I read last year people were gauging class size based on how many people were in the group if that helps anyone 😅

Reactions: 2 users
So, I looked back at last year's SDN forum for when they started to see waitlist movement. I looked at the previous years as well and not as many students reported on SDN. Last year I saw around 15 people reporting on SDN that they were accepted off of the waitlist starting on 4/13/22 up until 6/21/22. These were the dates that I saw movement and people accepted off of the waitlist

4/13/22
4/16/22
4/28/22
4/28/22
5/2/22
5/3/22
5/9/22
5/13/22
5/20/22
5/31/22
6/3/22
6/6/22
6/8/22
6/18/22
6/21/22

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I got an email yesterday that their "review of applications has concluded for the 2022-2023 cycle". I didn't get an interview, but I got into another school, so I'm ok. Good luck to all still waiting to hear back! :thumbup:

Reactions: 4 users
I got an email yesterday that their "review of applications has concluded for the 2022-2023 cycle". I didn't get an interview, but I got into another school, so I'm ok. Good luck to all still waiting to hear back! :thumbup:
thanks for sharing this update.

Reactions: 2 users
+1 best of luck to the others!

Anybody recently been accepted off waitlist? Also, have any of the 3/24 interviewees heard anything back? Getting real nervous lol

Anybody recently been accepted off waitlist? Also, have any of the 3/24 interviewees heard anything back? Getting real nervous lol
Interviewed on 3/24; R at 11:18 PM yesterday 😭

• Care
I haven’t heard anything from my interview on 3/24, hoping soon!

i haven't received an email yet, but the portal updated with a new tab and it says I have been waitlisted.

• Care
I'm honestly surprised they have yet to send an email.
+1 it’s unprofessional. I know it’s late in the cycle but their inability to communicate the admission results to interviewees according to a timeline that they set is disappointing.

Asking for a friend of mine not on SDN, is there an accepted student groupme for UIW?

Anyone get off the WL here in recent times?