2020-2021 UT Medical Branch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To my fellow no match/WL gang: do we think there will be spots to fill in the next two weeks or do we think we should move on? I (and several others I suppose) have been sitting in this pool for almost 8 months now and I just don't know if it's fruitful to hold onto false hope...

Members don't see this ad.

To my fellow no match/WL gang: do we think there will be spots to fill in the next two weeks or do we think we should move on? I (and several others I suppose) have been sitting in this pool for almost 8 months now and I just don't know if it's fruitful to hold onto false hope...
Don't you have until the 15th to make off the WL if you already have another TX acceptance (which I guess is basically today since the office is closed tomorrow)? And if you don't have another TX acceptance, aren't you going to have more opportunity after the 15th for more WL movement?

I hope you make it!

Reactions: 1 users
Don't you have until the 15th to make off the WL if you already have another TX acceptance (which I guess is basically today since the office is closed tomorrow)? And if you don't have another TX acceptance, aren't you going to have more opportunity after the 15th for more WL movement?
Look dude...the likelihood of a spot opening is dependent on a person moving up to a higher ranked choice. This type of movement is impossible after tomorrow. So I guess the only way for the rest of us remaining to have a chance is if people leave TMDSAS and go out of state or if OOS people pick their state school off the waitlist? The forums were pretty much dead last year after May 15 too.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Look dude...the likelihood of a spot opening is dependent on a person moving up to a higher ranked choice. This type of movement is impossible after tomorrow. So I guess the only way for the rest of us remaining to have a chance is if people leave TMDSAS and go out of state or if OOS people pick their state school off the waitlist? The forums were pretty much dead last year after May 15 too.
I'm in the same position you are (no match) and on one waitlist. Do you think our chances are actually null after May 15th? You think theres only a very small chance that people gave up an A last minute today bc they made a choice before the deadline?

I'm in the same position you are (no match) and on one waitlist. Do you think our chances are actually null after May 15th? You think theres only a very small chance that people gave up an A last minute today bc they made a choice before the deadline?
I wouldn't be surprised if 1-2 ppl dropped out of UTMB today, so I think they would have to fill early next week? We're better off playing mega millions lol

Quick question guys - So it is my understanding from reading other comments on here and on threads for other TX schools that an offer after May 15 is primarily made to people on the WL who have no prior acceptances to any TMDSAS/TX schools. But is that true for all people on the WL that are not holding any other acceptances? Or even then not everyone gets the offer despite being in that particular situation? Thanks for any and all responses!

Last edited:
Quick question guys - So it is my understanding from reading other comments on here and on threads for other TX schools that an offer after May 15 is primarily made to people on the WL who have no prior acceptances to any TMDSAS/TX schools. But is that true for all people on the WL that are not holding any other acceptances? Or even then not everyone gets the offer despite being in that particular situation? Thanks for any and all responses!
Well the thing is, even after May 15, the waitlist at these schools is still quite large even after you only include people without a Texas acceptance. So I would guess not everyone will end up getting in either way.

Right on. Here's to another app cycle :cryi:. TMDSAS opened up today fellas!

The way you asked that is confusing me LOL
But some people on WLs of course never get off of them. Only about 30% of TX applicants will gain admission each cycle.
There are a good number who interviewed but still have no acceptances at this point. There's no source to know how many that is.

• Haha
Newbies off the waitlist, make sure you join the Facebook group and, more importantly, the GroupMe so you can get to know your fellow classmates. We have a very active conversation there!
Hey there! I just got accepted off the waitlist today this morning thru email. Could I receive the link for the Groupme please?

My stats for anyone who's curious: MCAT 510, GPA 3.973, submitted TMDSAS June 15, submitted secondaries late July/early August, interviewed October, submitted a letter of intent thru AMP late April, in state, traditional, no other acceptances

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Hey there! I just got accepted off the waitlist today this morning thru email. Could I receive the link for the Groupme please?

My stats for anyone who's curious: MCAT 510, GPA 3.973, interviewed October, submitted a letter of intent thru AMP late April, in state, no other acceptances
Congratulations! Consider yourself PM'd, DM'd, or IM'd...

Hey all! I am applying to UTMB for EY2022 and I was wondering if anyone who skipped the hardship question on the secondary still got a II and A? I know people say optional essays aren't really optional, but I do not want it to sound like I forced a topic to write about

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! I am applying to UTMB for EY2022 and I was wondering if anyone who skipped the hardship question on the secondary still got a II and A? I know people say optional essays aren't really optional, but I do not want it to sound like I forced a topic to write about
I answered that question (it wasn't a significant hardship), but I can't tell you whether I got in because of that, in spite of that, or if it didn't matter at all.

I answered all questions both on TMDSAS and secondaries. I can’t say if that really affected anything, but I got accepted nonetheless.

Your story is unique— you’ll find something for sure! Don’t doubt yourself!

Just got off the waitlist via a call this morning and an email a few minutes ago😭 IS, Non-trad, first acceptance (didn’t match)

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Got of the WL today, IS. Deciding in the next three days whether to accept the offer or not.

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone get off the waitlist here this week? Just curious to see if its time to pack this one in..

Would love to know this as well. What goes into their selecting off the waitlist?
God knows at this point. I sent plenty of updates here (like good updates, not just stereotypical hour updates) and I haven’t heard back. I really wanted to go here and nothing I did worked lol. At least I can exit this cycle knowing I did everything I can.

• Care
UTMB, if you’re reading this, I’m willing to eat a sock if you’ll let me in off the waitlist.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users