2021-2022 Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine (DMU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't want to challenge anyone's integrity, so I fully want to say I understand you signed an NDA.

But, without telling any details, could you give advice on how to prepare for KIRA? I'm taking it Saturday and kind of tweaking

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So is the SJT something that we should ideally do or do they not care much about it?

So is the SJT something that we should ideally do or do they not care much about it?
Terrible SJT and got an interview. Who knows how they use it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't want to challenge anyone's integrity, so I fully want to say I understand you signed an NDA.

But, without telling any details, could you give advice on how to prepare for KIRA? I'm taking it Saturday and kind of tweaking
I practiced interview style questions for a couple of days beforehand.

Long shot maybe, but any high stat applicants still waiting on II? I'm 3.68, 522 and IS, still waiting. Wonder if they're doing some yield protect or just really hate my application LOL.

anyone having trouble signing up for the group session?
+1, Was trying to register for 09/02 last night, but got an error. 09/09 was the earliest I saw this morning which worked for me!

Just completed Kira. How long after did y'all receive an invitation to the group session? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else feeling really bad about their kira :/

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Hi, guys, I am thinking about applying to DO after shadowing a DO in the hospital I worked. Do you know when is too late to apply? I am still finishing up my MD, plans to apply about 25, I don‘t consider DO as a back up, I think i would choose some DO over MD based on the location. Is it too late to submit my primary in September? How long does it takes you Guys to verified? Thanks!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, guys, I am thinking about applying to DO after shadowing a DO in the hospital I worked. Do you know when is too late to apply? I am still finishing up my MD, plans to apply about 25, I don‘t consider DO as a back up, I think i would choose some DO over MD based on the location. Is it too late to submit my primary in September? How long does it takes you Guys to verified? Thanks!!
I don't believe its too late, they verify much quicker than AMCAS

What does this group session entail? Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate for DMU is?
I saw on a previous SDN thread that's its around 70%. I have no idea if this is true, I have absolutely no other sources!

What does this group session entail? Does anyone know what the post interview acceptance rate for DMU is?
My understanding is it is with current students as well as profs. Previous SDN threads have made it seem fairly informal

Hi all! I just received my Kira invite yesterday! it says to complete it within a week, and this might be a dumb question but does that mean I can take it a week from my confirmation email?

Hi all! I just received my Kira invite yesterday! it says to complete it within a week, and this might be a dumb question but does that mean I can take it a week from my confirmation email?
I received mine on a Tuesday and completed it on Saturday.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Yeah you have to complete it within one week of receiving the Kira email.

Thank you so much! Congratulations!! I hope you dont mind me asking but how was your experience and how did you prepare for it?
My gf and I practiced interview style questions. Be confident and you'll be okay!

Congrats! :) When were you marked "application complete" by DMU?

I interviewed a few days ago and haven't gotten an email about zoom session. Anyone else in the same boat?

I’m also still waiting for my group session email, completed Kira over the weekend

Is anyone writing thank you emails to those who were in the group interview either the students or faculty??

Is anyone writing thank you emails to those who were in the group interview either the students or faculty??
How was the group interview? Was it an interview or more a Q&A session?

It has been a week and I haven't received the group session invite... should I reach out on Monday?

Anyone getting an error when trying to sign up for the group session?

Does anyone know if this school has a P/F grading scale?