You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Drexel
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I was deferred in the January roundWere you deferred/waitlisted?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
phillyphysician
New Member
The faculty interview is one-on-one and traditional. The student interview is a group interview, so there’s one current DUCOM student interviewing you and like 3 other interviewees. The student interview is very laid back and more conversational (at least mine was).Is the student interview and the faculty interview both one-on-one and traditional?
FYI the stats they gave us for admissions during the interview were:
16k apps
13k completed apps
1.8k interviews
840 acceptance
303 matriculants
No idea how many As have gone out yet but I'm sure there are plenty more to come...
16k apps
13k completed apps
1.8k interviews
840 acceptance
303 matriculants
No idea how many As have gone out yet but I'm sure there are plenty more to come...
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Thank you for sharing this with all of us. This information brings up and interesting question. What % of As and II do you all think are shared on this page or SDN as a whole? I feel if this could be figured out we could extrapolate how many As and IIs are left.FYI the stats they gave us for admissions during the interview were:
16k apps
13k completed apps
1.8k interviews
840 acceptance
303 matriculants
No idea how many As have gone out yet but I'm sure there are plenty more to come...
That's actually from last year. I think they said they will reduce the # of interviews to 1600 for this cycle.FYI the stats they gave us for admissions during the interview were:
16k apps
13k completed apps
1.8k interviews
840 acceptance
303 matriculants
No idea how many As have gone out yet but I'm sure there are plenty more to come...
D
deleted771945
That's actually from last year. I think they said they will reduce the # of interviews to 1600 for this cycle.
Yup. They told us that # of interviews will be reduced, but I don't remember by how much.
readytodoc2021
Full Member
Hold today. Complete like late December. Kinda bummed but it’s ok. I’m ok.
finallyhere
Full Member
+1 complete late septHold today. Complete like late December. Kinda bummed but it’s ok. I’m ok.
PinkySquawks
Full Member
Like, a pre-II hold?Hold today. Complete like late December. Kinda bummed but it’s ok. I’m ok.
readytodoc2021
Full Member
YessLike, a pre-II hold?
Lol I’ll be with you asking for the same!low key going to ask for a secondary refund if I don’t even get a hold at this point.
student306
Full Member
You completed in December and heard that? I completed in July and haven't hear anythingLike, a pre-II hold?
readytodoc2021
Full Member
Yea complete 12/21
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got a hold after being complete super early, does anyone know if Drexel accept update letters/if this hold actually means anything besides a soft R
ThePremedGuy
Full Member
Friday tomorrow - another opportunity for deferred applicants (like myself) to get an A 🥺👉👈....lol - good luck everyone!
do we realistically feel like people who haven't gotten a hold or R yet may still be in the running for an interview at this stage?
considering how many of us are on the "hold" list, I am gonna say probs not. Not to be a pessimist but Drexel's hold status seems to be wildly long.do we realistically feel like people who haven't gotten a hold or R yet may still be in the running for an interview at this stage?
Absolutely! Why not? What's worse than a R? I think it truly means they haven't gotten to you yet, given that they are working through 13K+ applications.do we realistically feel like people who haven't gotten a hold or R yet may still be in the running for an interview at this stage?
Why would they play games with you when they are telling others they are H or R? As difficult as it is, given that we know that they are buried and have a cycle that runs late, I think you have as good a shot as anyone, and are definitely in the running as long as they are still giving out IIs and you haven't received a R.
And it is, but they do have a history of calling people off of it, and they have also not been shy about dishing out pre-II Rs. So, I think you should accept them for what they are -- not as good as an II, but way better than a R.considering how many of us are on the "hold" list, I am gonna say probs not. Not to be a pessimist but Drexel's hold status seems to be wildly long.
After they have given everyone a first review (as I said above, I truly believe people who have not heard anything yet have still not been reviewed, given how many applications they have to go through), if history is a guide, they WILL circle back and give IIs to at least some people on hold.
Last edited:
Absolutely! Why not? What's worse than a R? I think it truly means they haven't gotten to you yet, given that they are working through 13K+ applications.
Why would they play games with you when they are telling others they are H or R? As difficult as it is, given that we know that they are buried and have a cycle that runs late, I think you have as good a shot as anyone, and are definitely in the running as long as they are still giving out IIs and you haven't received a R.
thank you for your candid response! ducom has always been a top choice for me and i was on hold last cycle so am just trying to get an idea of how to feel at this point, will keep the hope up 🙂
I am hoping! Thanks for the optimism friend 🙂 this process is dark and upsetting. Individuals like you keep us sane, so I do thank you.And it is, but they do have a history of calling people off of it, and they have also not been shy about dishing out pre-II Rs. So, I think you should accept them for what they are -- not as good as an II, but way better than a R.
After they have given everyone a first review (as I said above, I truly believe people who have not heard anything yet have still not been reviewed, given how many applications they have to go through), if history is a guide, they WILL circle back and give at least some people on hold IIs.
Thank you for the kind words! 🙂 Believe me, I am working through exactly the same issues, and it helps me to be in a position to offer objective words of encouragement to you instead of continually obsessing on the schools I am still waiting for!I am hoping! Thanks for the optimism friend 🙂 this process is dark and upsetting. Individuals like you keep us sane, so I do thank you.
Complete super early in July and just got the hold! So maybe everyone else who was complete early will hear something back soon
Have they been sending out any post-interview rejections?
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
I don’t believe any have been postedHave they been sending out any post-interview rejections?
steelernation
Full Member
Just got put on hold, complete 7/23
II on 11/27 and scheduled for mid-february, but will be withdrawing. hope it goes to one of you!
Last edited:
Might be a little early for acceptances today, last week they sent them around 5:30PM Eastern lolDid anyone get any As today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1088845
I interviewed mid December and I'm not really expecting to hear back until the 18th or 25th at the earliest.
D
deleted1088845
I have no clue, I'm hoping to hear back today as I interviewed in mid-November and haven't heard a peep since that day. At this rate, I wouldn't expect any mid-December interview decisions. But again, I have no idea.
D
deleted1109233
I would guess it’s going to be mid to late November! If we are lucky there will be very early December since there probably weren’t a lot of November interview days around Thanksgiving. But even that is a long shot. I’m in the early December group too- hopefully next week!
SAME. Next week pleaseeeee good news.I would guess it’s going to be mid to late November! If we are lucky there will be very early December since there probably weren’t a lot of November interview days around Thanksgiving. But even that is a long shot. I’m in the early December group too- hopefully next week!
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
How late do the interview slots go to if you remember?Giving up my interview spot for 2/21, I hope one of you get it! 🤞
D
deleted771945
When I scheduled in December, at least until March.How late do the interview slots go to if you remember?
D
deleted1088845
wow I thought my decision was delayed.Anyone else interview late oct/ early nov and still waiting?
Welp, I just interviewed today. We were told by Brian that the turnaround time would be "about 8 weeks", but judging by this thread and people only now hearing back from Thanksgiving interviews...guess I'll just have to wait until May and pay the ridiculously high, non-refundable DO deposits in the meantime.
Edit: no shade is being thrown at Brian. He is a homie and I know it's out of his direct control 😂
Edit: no shade is being thrown at Brian. He is a homie and I know it's out of his direct control 😂
Last edited:
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
As annoying as that news is they are giving a timeline (which the don’t have to do). They may have faster turnarounds now with their weekly meetings but they could have always had those and just not reported them to us. (On a side not Brian is a homie and awesome).Welp, I just interviewed today. We were told by Brian that the turnaround time would be "about 8 weeks", but judging by this thread and people only now hearing back from Thanksgiving interviews...guess I'll just have to wait until May and pay the ridiculously high, non-refundable DO deposits in the meantime.
Last edited:
D
deleted1088845
I agree, but IMO the “timeline” has the opposite effect when it’s so wrong. I understand it takes a long time to process everything but why even post it if it’s barely gonna be followed.As annoying as that news is they are giving a timeline (which the don’t have to do). They may have faster turnarounds now with their weekly meetings but they could have always had those and just not reported them to us. (On a side not Brian is a homie and awesome).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1088845
Especially for @Nipah ! I feel for you, 14+ weeks with no communication is a little absurd.I agree, but IMO the “timeline” has the opposite effect when it’s so wrong. I understand it takes a long time to process everything but why even post it if it’s barely gonna be followed.
Dr SheWolf
Full Member
8 weeks is nothing- I interviewed with *** their very first interview day (with all the confusion with the live thing!)- that was early September, still waiting to hear! There are people who interviewed in December (with the same SOM) who've received their decisions- but the only thing I've gotten so far, was the "We'll get back to you in the New Year", in December! Drexel is stating upfront it'll be 8 weeks, and they're dealing with decisions in order- more than you can say for certain other schools!Especially for @Nipah ! I feel for you, 14+ weeks with no communication is a little absurd.
D
deleted1088845
jeez I’m sorry that doesn’t sound fun. But Drexel is not dealing with decisions in order, anecdotally late November decisions have been released but people from October (i.e. @Nipah) are sitting in silence. The whole process needs more transparency. My whole point is that such a specific timeline (release dates and stating 6-8 weeks) has the opposite effect from what they’re intending to do. And add on top a complete lack of communication. I just have grievances with this system lol.8 weeks is nothing- I interviewed with *** their very first interview day (with all the confusion with the live thing!)- that was early September, still waiting to hear! There are people who interviewed in December (with the same SOM) who've received their decisions- but the only thing I've gotten so far, was the "We'll get back to you in the New Year", in December! Drexel is stating upfront it'll be 8 weeks, and they're dealing with decisions in order- more than you can say for certain other schools!
Realistically do you all think early December should hear back next week and mid December the following week?
D
deleted1109233
I hope so, but after the past two weeks I don’t think so. Each week there have been so few reported acceptances and they are barely moving forward in the timeline. Right now the latest reported acceptance was an 11/22 interview and there are a few more November interview dates after that plus people who haven’t heard from earlier. I wouldn’t be surprised if early December was two-three weeks alway.Realistically do you all think early December should hear back next week and mid December the following week?