You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Drexel
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
Does anyone have a phone number for the admissions office? I want to call and ask when wl movement is expected and when iis go to.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anybody who interviewed with the interviewer rhyming with dinegarten been accepted? Plz let me know im scared.
turboinline6
Full Member
Will there be more decisions this week or do we think that's it for the week?
Yes, people have been accepted. Even today!Has anybody who interviewed with the interviewer rhyming with dinegarten been accepted? Plz let me know im scared.
I've been told by physicians who know him that he writes very positive applicant reviews and has a very dry humor that probably comes across as rude for a first time meeting. Stereotypical surgeon personality trope, it seems 😛
When I came out of my interview and off-handedly mentioned how brief my Q&A's were with him, Brian said "he's very good at what he does."
Last edited:
Also wondering this because I'm also not sure I've seen any pre-II Rs on here.Congrats to everyone who received an A!! Anyone have an idea of when next batch of II might go out? Seems like the committee met today with all the acceptances sent out. Haven’t heard anything since submitting in Aug and freaking out lol
did you get a response to your email or did you just get an II a few days later? I got a response same day saying im still under review but their cycle is coming to an end. feels like its an L but still hoping for an interview :/I just said I would be grateful if given the opportunity to discuss why I think I’m a good fit for the medical college
Just withdrew my A here! It was such hard to make this decision because it's a great program located in a cool city, but I've decided to pursue a cheaper option.
Hopefully one of you guys on the WL gets an A soon and has a chance to attend second look and celebrate! Best of luck to everyone!
Hopefully one of you guys on the WL gets an A soon and has a chance to attend second look and celebrate! Best of luck to everyone!
i have!! after my interview w him I honestly thought I wouldn't get in 😵Has anybody who interviewed with the interviewer rhyming with dinegarten been accepted? Plz let me know im scared.
MotorLover
Full Member
This is charity work, you should receive extensive tax breaksJust withdrew my A here! It was such hard to make this decision because it's a great program located in a cool city, but I've decided to pursue a cheaper option.
Hopefully one of you guys on the WL gets an A soon and has a chance to attend second look and celebrate! Best of luck to everyone!
I didn't even get a response, just an automatic reply. Any advice?did you get a response to your email or did you just get an II a few days later? I got a response same day saying im still under review but their cycle is coming to an end. feels like its an L but still hoping for an interview :/
D
deleted1122447
Less than 48 hours before for me.When have applicants typically received their interviewer's information? I'm interviewing this Monday
Thanks. Also, how long does interview day last?Less than 48 hours before for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1122447
I had all early interviews so it was only like four hours for me. Some people had later times. It just really depends on what time you get scheduled. there's breaks in betweenThanks. Also, how long does interview day last?
How long ago was this?No response just an II a day later
Anybody know when Drexel going to release match list?
AnonymousFrog
New Member
Has anyone been assigned the West Reading campus?
I was assigned that oneHas anyone been assigned the West Reading campus?
I just checked and mine has updated!When have applicants typically received their interviewer's information? I'm interviewing this Monday
do any of you know what the dress code is for the campus visit?
sassypug101
Full Member
I think just regular nice but casual clothes is fine (sweater and jeans for example)do any of you know what the dress code is for the campus visit?
How did you schedule a campus visit? Is it only for admitted students? Or also interviewees?do any of you know what the dress code is for the campus visit?
Hey! I think it’s after you get admitted!How did you schedule a campus visit? Is it only for admitted students? Or also interviewees?
I'm sure it just depends on the year and the number of people who decide to go somewhere else. For example I've been accepted here but I'm waiting on a post interview decision from my state school. If I get in there I'll give up my spot here. It's probably roughly the same number that get off the waitlist each year but it's hard to really know for sure how many it will be from year to year
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
If the accepted student visit day is coming up can someone ask Brian when WL movement is going to start? The phone number goes right to a voice mail. I don't want to leave a message asking when will WL movement start.
sassypug101
Full Member
There's actually multiple campus tours offered! The last one they have listed is April 22nd if that helps.If the accepted student visit day is coming up can someone ask Brian when WL movement is going to start? The phone number goes right to a voice mail. I don't want to leave a message asking when will WL movement start.
PrestigiousCelery11
Full Member
When does waitlist movement start?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
That’s what I want someone going on the tour to ask. When is the first tour offered and is anyone going?When does waitlist movement start?
sassypug101
Full Member
The first tour offered was in November. The next one is April 8th and the last one is April 22nd. Maybe the office closes early on Fridays and that's why it went to voicemail? I'd try calling again next week or sending an email!That’s what I want someone going on the tour to ask. When is the first tour offered and is anyone going?
I would think that they would wait until they've made final decisions for those that interviewed from mid/late January–March that haven't heard back yet before pulling people off the waitlist. But that may just be wishful thinking from someone who interviewed in February 😅When does waitlist movement start?
I interviewed March 16th, they basically told us not to expect to hear back until likely until early May. If that’s the case then I have no idea when to expect waitlist movement. Especially b/c I know they have interviews schedule through the entire month and even early April…
If I had to guess I’d say so, but who knows lolDo y'all think decisions for first week of Feb interviews will hear back next week?
In past years, huge waitlist movement happened in the first week of May, so the week after the 4/30 traffic deadline. And it's possible that people who interviewed in April may hear back at the same time or after the waitlist movement begins.
I believe the largest waitlist movement is in early May, then they trickle throughout June and early July.
I believe the largest waitlist movement is in early May, then they trickle throughout June and early July.
Any idea why Drexel hasn't released their match list yet? Just curious!
They always do it lateAny idea why Drexel hasn't released their match list yet? Just curious!
Oh I didn't know that actually. Thank you for letting me knowThey always do it late
turboinline6
Full Member
Hopefully. I interviewed in late Jan, hoping to hear back next week.Do y'all think decisions for first week of Feb interviews will hear back next week?
aspiringdoctor99
Full Member
Is Drexel still interviewing or is it way too late in the cycle?
A little earlier in the thread someone mentioned interview days in early April, FWIW.Is Drexel still interviewing or is it way too late in the cycle?
I received an email a few days ago indicating I have to accept my financial 'aid' award (just unsubsidized federal loans) + get consultation within 2 weeks of receiving the message. Is accepting binding in any way I should be concerned about? I have yet to make my final decision on the school and don't want to accidentally commit to Drexel before I'm ready or have it mess up my financial aid status at other schools.
II late last week.Is Drexel still interviewing or is it way too late in the cycle?
Were you ever on hold?II late last week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1022805
I haven’t been placed on hold or anything. Does anyone know what that means?
I've been on hold since September. Drexel if you're reading this, I'm still here for you.
turboinline6
Full Member
Are decisions typically released on Mondays or Tuesdays now?
makemeadoc
Full Member
There were available interview days on 4/4 and 4/6 when I scheduled mine! There is still hope 🙂Is Drexel still interviewing or is it way too late in the cycle?
fyi it's greatAny idea why Drexel hasn't released their match list yet? Just curious!