You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Drexel
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
feeling FOMO rn where's my R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
“Linda Berardi-Demo, EdD, associate dean for admissions, enrollment and student affairs, is leaving Drexel on November 30. She has accepted a position as executive vice president for student support for Saba University School of Medicine, Medical University of the Americas and St. Matthew’s University…Cheryl Hanau, MD, professor and chair of the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, will assume leadership of the Office of Admissions in the interim, and Vanessa Pirrone, PhD, associate professor in the Department of Microbiology & Immunology, will serve as assistant dean of admissions going forward.”Who is the Dean of Admissions at Drexel? I see the Director and Assistant Dean, but for some reason can't find the name of the Dean.
I took my EMT course at DUCOM, but do they care about stuff like that?
Any idea what the post-II acceptance rate for Drexel is?
glutathionegod
New Member
Hi all. I was recently accepted here. How long after submitting your campus preference did you get your assigned campus? Thanks!
They run “lotteries” for campus assignments every so often. I believe they’ve only done one so far. They mentioned on the Facebook page that they are looking to do another one soonHi all. I was recently accepted here. How long after submitting your campus preference did you get your assigned campus? Thanks!
historically yes! i'm not sure that trend holds true for the interview cycles during the pandemic. They are able to interview a higher number of people (people towards the latter of the cycle don't have many acceptance hence less likely to give up a seat here). I also haven't seen a whole lot of people withdrawing acceptances here although sdn isn't the best place to poll for thatGot the waitlist email this morning 🫤 Interviewed end of January. Bummed…is there usually high turnover for the waitlist here at Drexel?
I don't think they care. Unless you are maybe alumni or are in one of their linkage masters programsI took my EMT course at DUCOM, but do they care about stuff like that?
Last cycle it was 45-50%. I'm a re-applicant. They told me this last year during my interview. Not sure about the stats for this cycleAny idea what the post-II acceptance rate for Drexel is?
I thought it went well haha but who knows lol At this point I’ll likely give them a strong letter of intent update to my portal (since this is my #1 school) and just hope and pray hahaHow did you feel about your interview?
Accepted! Interview date 2/2
MotorLover
Full Member
Did you send a LOI?Accepted! Interview date 2/2
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did not. I just sent thank you letter after the interview.Did you send a LOI?
Well, it was 3 AM in Korea, so in the afternoon??Just now? What time did you get the email? Was this the latest date anyone has been accepted so far?
MotorLover
Full Member
Sorry for spamming with questions, but did you send the thank you letter to admissions or directly to your interviewer?I did not. I just sent thank you letter after the interview.
Given all the times that this ^^^^ is the answer, why do people still swear by the magical powers of LOIs? They are tie breakers at the very end when making calls off a WL. They just don't turn maybes into yeses before then!!!I did not. I just sent thank you letter after the interview.
D
deleted771945
Give it up for Day 89 post-interview.
veryuncertain
Full Member
I am most likely withdrawing my acceptance in the near future. Just gotta gather the heart to pull the trigger and say bye to living in Philly which breaks my hearthistorically yes! i'm not sure that trend holds true for the interview cycles during the pandemic. They are able to interview a higher number of people (people towards the latter of the cycle don't have many acceptance hence less likely to give up a seat here). I also haven't seen a whole lot of people withdrawing acceptances here although sdn isn't the best place to poll for that
MotorLover
Full Member
Surveying people so I can confirm it lolGiven all the times that this ^^^^ is the answer, why do people still swear by the magical powers of LOIs? They are tie breakers at the very end when making calls off a WL. They just don't turn maybes into yeses before then!!!
No worries. I totally get it, and there is certainly no harm in sending letters. I was just posting for everyone stressing about it, thinking they actually make a difference, especially pre-decision.Surveying people so I can confirm it lol
Every once in a while, someone will post swearing a cause and effect. Once in a blue moon that might even be the truth but, in general, we are judged by the strength of our applications, not the level of our desperation. Had @Justlikethat actually sent a LOI, you'd be "confirming" a causation that was actually just a coincidence.
Oh its fine! I didn’t have the email so I just uploaded in the portal.Sorry for spamming with questions, but did you send the thank you letter to admissions or directly to your interviewer?
Wish you the best!I am most likely withdrawing my acceptance in the near future. Just gotta gather the heart to pull the trigger and say bye to living in Philly which breaks my heart
sassypug101
Full Member
same I feel youI am most likely withdrawing my acceptance in the near future. Just gotta gather the heart to pull the trigger and say bye to living in Philly which breaks my heart
cornoffthecob
Full Member
Withdrew my A from here just now. Good luck to you all still waiting 😀
CosmicClev1
Full Member
Any decisions today so far?
Last week it was M/W/F for decisions, I believe. Maybe that is their new schedule??
A about an hour ago. 1/27 interview
CosmicClev1
Full Member
Whelp, guess they are releasing decisions today lol. They have absolutely no set schedule anymore.A about an hour ago. 1/27 interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R after being on hold in september
Silence since I applied in July. Are they still sending out II's?
I wouldn't keep your hopes up about getting an interview at this point. it is VERY late in the cycle to get an interviewSilence since I applied in July. Are they still sending out II's?
@RinTohsaka22 Send the LOI!
I was told during the orientation portion of the interview that it helps sort out those who are really interested in attending DUCOM and those that are not, especially later in the cycle - which is now. Just don't be sloppy when writing it. GL
I was told during the orientation portion of the interview that it helps sort out those who are really interested in attending DUCOM and those that are not, especially later in the cycle - which is now. Just don't be sloppy when writing it. GL
TisTheSeason25
Full Member
Just got the pre-II R after being on hold.
CosmicClev1
Full Member
I'm assuming we won't see any post-II decisions today?
I'd say so...I wouldn't be surprised if those that interviewed in the 2nd week of Feb don't hear back until next week. I don't know why I got my hopes up for 8 weeks when the trend has been more like 10 weeks post interview with them hahaI'm assuming we won't see any post-II decisions today?
CosmicClev1
Full Member
It'll be 10 weeks next week for me, but two weeks ago they told me I should hear back in 1-2 weeks. So I got my hopes up lol.I'd say so...I wouldn't be surprised if those that interviewed in the 2nd week of Feb don't hear back until next week. I don't know why I got my hopes up for 8 weeks when the trend has been more like 10 weeks post interview with them haha
D
deleted771945
I'd say so...I wouldn't be surprised if those that interviewed in the 2nd week of Feb don't hear back until next week. I don't know why I got my hopes up for 8 weeks when the trend has been more like 10 weeks post interview with them haha
There are still people from December and January who didn't hear back so don't get your hopes up.
throwaway198773
Full Member
Still? Without even a waitlist notification? That is absurd.There are still people from December and January who didn't hear back so don't get your hopes up.
D
deleted771945
Yup. No WL notification.Still? Without even a waitlist notification? That is absurd.
PinkySquawks
Full Member
Pre-II R today after being on hold for months
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cyclistdoc
Full Member
+1
georgiapremed
Full Member
I still have not heard back. Are they interviewing….
Still no update since August submission. Not on hold. 3 inquiry emails ignored.
+3I still have not heard back. Are they interviewing….