You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Drexel
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Same6 II to 6 WL for me and still waiting for decision from Drexel II. Can I join the average club?
All of them WL 😇Same
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait out of curiosity did you guys think your interviews went well? Lmao I only had 2 interviews now I'm feeling like there's a waitlist coming for me too lol
Yes- very well!Wait out of curiosity did you guys think your interviews went well? Lmao I only had 2 interviews now I'm feeling like there's a waitlist coming for me too lol
I felt similar during my interview. I wonder what they are looking for in an applicantYes- very well!
6 II to 6 WL for me and still waiting for decision from Drexel II. Can I join the average club
Mine felt fine. 2 of them including an MMI felt much better than Drexel’s. But I think my app simply lacks a lot of experiences, I have about 1k total hours with everything added up. I guess I spent too much time in college doing things that med schools find unattractive. Personally, I feel like my stats got me the interviews and I was always bound to be wait list fodder to boost end of year stats. I’ve spent this past year really building up the resume though so if I do have to apply again, I think I could perform even better on the interviews next year with these new experiences.Wait out of curiosity did you guys think your interviews went well? Lmao I only had 2 interviews now I'm feeling like there's a waitlist coming for me too lol
Good luck to everyone with multiple waitlists 🙏
Am sure one of the WL will come through 🙏Mine felt fine. 2 of them including an MMI felt much better than Drexel’s. But I think my app simply lacks a lot of experiences, I have about 1k total hours with everything added up. I guess I spent too much time in college doing things that med schools find unattractive. Personally, I feel like my stats got me the interviews and I was always bound to be wait list fodder to boost end of year stats. I’ve spent this past year really building up the resume though so if I do have to apply again, I think I could perform even better on the interviews next year with these new experiences.
Good luck to everyone with multiple waitlists 🙏
CosmicClev1
Full Member
The amount of people on here with a high amount of II's and basically all ending in WL's is insane. How is it that a bunch of us have 4+ II's and 4+ WL's? Honestly, I feel like they need to be a bit more liberal with giving out A's. Especially if physician shortage is an actual concern...
The amount of people on here with a high amount of II's and basically all ending in WL's is insane. How is it that a bunch of us have 4+ II's and 4+ WL's? Honestly, I feel like they need to be a bit more liberal with giving out A's. Especially if physician shortage is an actual concern...
Thats why Drexel opened the West Reading Campus. They used to have 260 seats before now 300
Mine felt fine. 2 of them including an MMI felt much better than Drexel’s. But I think my app simply lacks a lot of experiences, I have about 1k total hours with everything added up. I guess I spent too much time in college doing things that med schools find unattractive. Personally, I feel like my stats got me the interviews and I was always bound to be wait list fodder to boost end of year stats. I’ve spent this past year really building up the resume though so if I do have to apply again, I think I could perform even better on the interviews next year with these new experiences.
Good luck to everyone with multiple waitlists 🙏
Hope you don't end up as a re-app like me. It was painful to go through the application process a second time. I'm sure with high stats you're ranked high in at least one of those 4 waitlists
D
deleted1128504
shaking in my boots as a lower stat applicant on 4 WLHope you don't end up as a re-app like me. It was painful to go through the application process a second time. I'm sure with high stats you're ranked high in at least one of those 4 waitlists
rly hoping for massive movement in may
CosmicClev1
Full Member
+1shaking in my boots as a lower stat applicant on 4 WL
It's not that simple. In fact, that's the Caribbean model. They have to have capacity and, ultimately, residency slots. Otherwise, if they just open the floodgates, there will be a ton of unmatched doctors in the future, and we'll be criticizing 80% match rates instead of 95%.The amount of people on here with a high amount of II's and basically all ending in WL's is insane. How is it that a bunch of us have 4+ II's and 4+ WL's? Honestly, I feel like they need to be a bit more liberal with giving out A's. Especially if physician shortage is an actual concern...
Also, don't get too hung up on physician shortages. Those on the outside looking in, and those having to fund medical services, want supply to increase and prices to come down. Those on the inside, not so much. There sure isn't a shortage of lawyers and MBAs any more! Exactly who did that help? Certainly not people considering them as careers, at least in terms of job security and compensation. Other than at the very top, where they face the same level of competition as anyone trying to get into any medical school! 🙂
IIs mean you are good enough to get in. WLs mean you didn't make the first cut. But, there are plenty of people sitting on multiple As, and slots absolutely WILL open for people on WLs, all over the country. It happens every year, and is exactly what the WL was designed for.
Last edited:
MotorLover
Full Member
I feel the same way man. Maybe we weren't strong enough to make it into the initial As, but hopefully we'll get off the WL! If not, our apps will be crazy good on the second try 😀Mine felt fine. 2 of them including an MMI felt much better than Drexel’s. But I think my app simply lacks a lot of experiences, I have about 1k total hours with everything added up. I guess I spent too much time in college doing things that med schools find unattractive. Personally, I feel like my stats got me the interviews and I was always bound to be wait list fodder to boost end of year stats. I’ve spent this past year really building up the resume though so if I do have to apply again, I think I could perform even better on the interviews next year with these new experiences.
Good luck to everyone with multiple waitlists 🙏
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
turboinline6
Full Member
I can't imagine how big this WL is gonna be, but I'm hoping for tons of movement for us all!!
noodlechicken1
Full Member
Can someone who went through the financial aid process private message me. I’m very lost, ugh. I can’t afford this school and the scholarship application closed April 1st but I was only accepted yesterday. This makes no sense 🥲
Dr.StevieBrule
Full Member
I believe they are actively reviewing people for scholarships. Not sure on timeline, but I'd imagine you would get an email before 4/30. I highly recommend proactively reaching out to the financial aid office though.Can someone who went through the financial aid process private message me. I’m very lost, ugh. I can’t afford this school and the scholarship application closed April 1st but I was only accepted yesterday. This makes no sense 🥲
There is no scholarship application this year. As per info from accepted students day, everyone will be considered for scholarships. Scholarships should hopefully come out in the next week or two!Can someone who went through the financial aid process private message me. I’m very lost, ugh. I can’t afford this school and the scholarship application closed April 1st but I was only accepted yesterday. This makes no sense 🥲
to add on to earlier replies--FAFSA was essentially the application. You will be considered for scholarship if you submitted the FAFSA with the DUCOM code and added your parents info (n/a if married)Can someone who went through the financial aid process private message me. I’m very lost, ugh. I can’t afford this school and the scholarship application closed April 1st but I was only accepted yesterday. This makes no sense 🥲
D
deleted771945
bruh we had to add our parents info? why? every other school I talked too didn't want us to do thatto add on to earlier replies--FAFSA was essentially the application. You will be considered for scholarship if you submitted the FAFSA with the DUCOM code and added your parents info (n/a if married)
PrettyFeet15
New Member
What does everyone know about the new building (or campus) for M1 and M2s in University City starting next Fall 2023? So if you begin M1 at Queens Lane this coming Fall, will you absolutely have to move for Fall 2023 (M2 year)? @ciestar @KnightDoc
Thought of moving to East Falls for M1 but not sure if we have to move anyways for M2.
Thought of moving to East Falls for M1 but not sure if we have to move anyways for M2.
The new campus will not be in use for the incoming M1 class starting this fall per Brian at the interview.What does everyone know about the new building (or campus) for M1 and M2s in University City starting next Fall 2023? So if you begin M1 at Queens Lane this coming Fall, will you absolutely have to move for Fall 2023 (M2 year)? @ciestar @KnightDoc
Thought of moving to East Falls for M1 but not sure if we have to move anyways for M2.
Yup. My understanding is that the new building will be complete Spring 2023.What does everyone know about the new building (or campus) for M1 and M2s in University City starting next Fall 2023? So if you begin M1 at Queens Lane this coming Fall, will you absolutely have to move for Fall 2023 (M2 year)? @ciestar @KnightDoc
Thought of moving to East Falls for M1 but not sure if we have to move anyways for M2.
Drexel runs a free bus service between Queen Lane, Center City, and the Main Campus, so you could theoretically choose to live in any of those places and commute for free to either campus if you don't want to move. For various reasons, Center City is a great choice if you don't mind a free bus commute. I have no idea whether bus service to Queen Lane will continue to be offered once the new building opens, since I think the plan is to eventually sell Queen Lane.
If it were me, yeah, I'd make my life easy and plan on moving after M1, unless you want to be in Center City.
PrettyFeet15
New Member
So you're saying that you would indeed do M1 in East Falls as close to Queens Lane as possible and plan on moving? The thing influencing the decision the most is whether M1s will be actually using QL campus and not hybrid/or optional virtual. The move doesn't bug me quite as much.Yup. My understanding is that the new building will be complete Spring 2023.
Drexel runs a free bus service between Queen Lane, Center City, and the Main Campus, so you could theoretically choose to live in any of those places and commute for free to either campus if you don't want to move. For various reasons, Center City is a great choice if you don't mind a free bus commute. I have no idea whether bus service to Queen Lane will continue to be offered once the new building opens, since I think the plan is to eventually sell Queen Lane.
If it were me, yeah, I'd make my life easy and plan on moving after M1, unless you want to be in Center City.
Are most of you accepted students planning on living as close to QL as possible? (If you got that campus in the lottery)
Unless I wanted to be in Center City. There is no reason to think classes won't be in person in the fall, is there? And I wouldn't commute for a year from University City just to avoid a move.So you're saying that you would indeed do M1 in East Falls as close to Queens Lane as possible and plan on moving? The thing influencing the decision the most is whether M1s will be actually using QL campus and not hybrid/or optional virtual. The move doesn't bug me quite as much.
Are most of you accepted students planning on living as close to QL as possible? (If you got that campus in the lottery)
So you're saying that you would indeed do M1 in East Falls as close to Queens Lane as possible and plan on moving? The thing influencing the decision the most is whether M1s will be actually using QL campus and not hybrid/or optional virtual. The move doesn't bug me quite as much.
Are most of you accepted students planning on living as close to QL as possible? (If you got that campus in the lottery)
It is definitely not all virtual. All the labs are in the queen lane campus as well as the Case based learnings. My student interviewer mentioned that you will be on campus 3-4 days of the week. Also your HAP placement will vary. Probably more likely to be placed at a site in the city versus near queen lane
Last edited:
AnonymousFrog
New Member
From what I heard at accepted students day, it also sounds like most M3s also move for year-long placements (I think they said 175 slots?). So it might be three moves in three years? I don't know if anyone else has additional insight about this?So you're saying that you would indeed do M1 in East Falls as close to Queens Lane as possible and plan on moving? The thing influencing the decision the most is whether M1s will be actually using QL campus and not hybrid/or optional virtual. The move doesn't bug me quite as much.
Are most of you accepted students planning on living as close to QL as possible? (If you got that campus in the lottery)
I'm confused because I called Drexel today and someone there told me that I'm on the right timeline because I submitted my FAFSA with parent information before April 1, but she said that the scholarship application would be sent out via email in the next few weeks and to keep an eye out for it. But I've also separately heard that there is no scholarship application this year? Seems to be conflicting informationThere is no scholarship application this year. As per info from accepted students day, everyone will be considered for scholarships. Scholarships should hopefully come out in the next week or two!
There is no scholarship application this year, Brian said it himself during the accepted students day.I'm confused because I called Drexel today and someone there told me that I'm on the right timeline because I submitted my FAFSA with parent information before April 1, but she said that the scholarship application would be sent out via email in the next few weeks and to keep an eye out for it. But I've also separately heard that there is no scholarship application this year? Seems to be conflicting information
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So when do we know if we were chosen for a scholarship?
WVUPleaseAcceptMe
Full Member
Recognize you from the WVU thread, Congrats on your decision! 🙂Withdrew my A recently. Hoping it goes to one of you amazing people ❤️
Not 100% sure where I want to commit as of now, but I knew I wasn't going to Drexel so decided I better give up a seat for someone else <3 !Recognize you from the WVU thread, Congrats on your decision! 🙂
Anyone know to whom I should address update letters? There's an assistant dean of admissions listed but my interview email came from the associate dean of admissions (2 different people)
The PTE deadline is literally a week from Monday. Whatever else is going on with Drexel, we are well past the point where they are reserving open seats.Interviewed about a month ago for this school...
Is there still hope? Is the class size completely full already and we're now duking it out for waitlist positions? Or does Drexel still reserve some "open" spots for later interviews
Yes, there is hope, because if they want you, they will accept you. After all, a lot people will be dropping them by next week and they will be pulling from the WL shortly after that. But there are no reserved open seats, anywhere, on April 22nd! Good luck!
Based on the fact that people are reporting success with no communication at all, while others are being ghosted for the entire cycle despite sending multiple updates, Drexel is signaling that they just don't value them. I think they are too busy, and dealing with too many people, to actually go back and do anything at all with them. So, definitely feel free to send them to one, both, or neither person. At this school, it really is more for you than them.Anyone know to whom I should address update letters? There's an assistant dean of admissions listed but my interview email came from the associate dean of admissions (2 different people)
MotorLover
Full Member
Well, one issue is that Drexel doesn't look at updates until right before your app goes to committee for post-interview review.Based on the fact that people are reporting success with no communication at all, while others are being ghosted for the entire cycle despite sending multiple updates, Drexel is signaling that they just don't value them. I think they are too busy, and dealing with too many people, to actually go back and do anything at all with them. So, definitely feel free to send them to one, both, or neither person. At this school, it really is more for you than them.
And another one might be that they don't look at them at all, since people got IIs and As with no updates while others sent multiple updates and received nothing at all.Well, one issue is that Drexel doesn't look at updates until right before your app goes to committee for post-interview review.
So if I interviewed back in early March, and haven't heard back from them yet, no matter what I'll be going straight into the waitlist? At some sort of designated rank within the waitlist, and they will be pulling from there afterwards
I'm not sure what everyone else has been told but I talked to the dean of the school as well as some ADCOMS. The way they run their interview cycle is so that everyone who interviews (regardless of when they interview) has a chance at an acceptance. So to everyone February and onwards there is hope. I don't think the dean of admissions would lie to me. She made a point to tell me you have a direct shot at acceptance, not a waitlist.
No, not necessarily and that's not what I meant. You could also go straight to an A if they want you.So if I interviewed back in early March, and haven't heard back from them yet, no matter what I'll be going straight into the waitlist? At some sort of designated rank within the waitlist, and they will be pulling from there afterwards
My only point was that it is way too late, a week before PTE and 5 weeks after the 3/15 deadline to push out at least as many As as spots in the class, for any school to be reserving seats for people who haven't yet received a decision. There will be spots because people will be dropping As, not because they have been saving seats since last summer for people who haven't yet received a decision by the third week of April. Does that make sense?
D
deleted771945
I'm not sure what everyone else has been told but I talked to the dean of the school as well as some ADCOMS. The way they run their interview cycle is so that everyone who interviews (regardless of when they interview) has a chance at an acceptance. So to everyone February and onwards there is hope. I don't think the dean of admissions would lie to me. She made a point to tell me you have a direct shot at acceptance, not a waitlist.
Why not January
I meant anyone still waiting for a decision! Hope you hear good news soon!Why not January
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope so. I cant take it anymore lol.Do we think interviews during Feb 14th week will hear back this week?
palmtree137
Full Member
For those with As, do we know when they will be announcing scholarship stuff? We have to decide about keeping our seat by Friday so hoping they will send those out soon.
Last edited:
CrabcakesandFootball
Full Member
No idea but when thinking about your decision you should expect the worst (no aid or scholarships ) and hope for the best. This can help you make a decision if you are only given a few hours to decide once/if aid comes out.For those with As, do we know when they will be announcing scholarship stuff? We have to decide about keeping our seat by Friday so hoping they will send those out soon.
For the record, the deadline is actually next Monday, not Friday. Also, most schools will be reasonable and will give you an extension if you are still waiting for financial information. You should definitely ask, and probably should not wait until the last minute to do so. I don't think it is reasonable to expect anyone to make a decision like this without that information, or to be expected to make one in a few hours. JMHO.For those with As, do we know when they will be announcing scholarship stuff? We have to decide about keeping our seat by Friday so hoping they will send those out soon.
palmtree137
Full Member
Completely agree. They sent an email saying that a PTE decision is required by the 30th to hold your seat at Drexel. Hopefully that means they’ll be sending that stuff out at least a few days prior to that😬For the record, the deadline is actually next Monday, not Friday. Also, most schools will be reasonable and will give you an extension if you are still waiting for financial information. You should definitely ask, and probably should not wait until the last minute to do so. I don't think it is reasonable to expect anyone to make a decision like this without that information, or to be expected to make one in a few hours. JMHO.